Do you think the Chinese Democracy Tour will finally end in India or will it continue on?

Randy Lahey

The setlist still pulls from the same pool of songs.

Not entirely correct. The classics are still being played (no on expected otherwise, I hope), but they now also play additional CD songs as well as many different covers that weren't played back in 2001/02. Today's pool also seems to be void of some old songs that were played back in 2001/02 as well as some "new songs". So I would say the pools are quite different although they share the same set of core, classic songs.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO The never ending NuGuns tour will continue until people stop attending the shows and the promoters and Axl stop making any money..

as long as there is money to be made milking the old Guns cow Axl will continue touring..it is like the movie "Ground Hog Day", same shit different day

Wrong. Fourteen songs have reliably stuck around since 2001.

Name them.

01. Welcome to the Jungle (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

02. It's So Easy (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

03. Mr. Brownstone (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

04. November Rain (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

05. Street of Dreams (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

06. Patience (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012, except for some shows in 2010).

07. Live and let Die (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

09. Nightrain (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

10. Paradise City (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

11. You Could Be Mine (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012).

12. Madagascar (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012, except for a few missing shows in 2006).

13. Rocket Queen (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012, except in 2006 and 2007 when it was more rarely played).

14. Chinese Democracy (played in almost every show every year from 2001 to 2012, except in 2006 and 2007 when it was more rarely played).

I guess it will boil down to how we define "reliably stuck around" ;)..

Rio 3: 2001.

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Live and Let Die"

"Oh My God"

"Think About You"

"You Could Be Mine"

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

"Madagascar"

"November Rain"

"Out ta Get Me"

"Rocket Queen"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Street of Dreams (The Blues)"

"Patience"

"Nightrain"

"My Michelle"

"Silkworms"

"Paradise City"

Vegas (17th)

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Better

Motivation

No Quarter

Catcher In The Rye

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Mi Amor

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall

November Rain

Objectify

Don't Cry

The Seeker

Civil War

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

I count 13 songs: CD, Jungle, ISE, Brownstone, RQ, LALD, YCBM, SCOM, NR, KOHD, Nightrain, Patience, PC.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Songs that were removed from the set for a tour and then later added back in are not songs that have reliably been in the set from 2001 until 2012.

Which songs from my list of 14 above were omitted from a tour? ;).

I went to multiple shows in 2006 that didn't have some of the songs on your list of 14, so when they were added back to the set in 2011, I was seeing them for the first time.

Haha, so you are basing this on a few shows you went to in 2006 :). As I mentioned above, both CD and RQ wasn't played as frequently in 2006 and 2007 as in the other years, but that is the only small blimp and they were played in those years as well, just not as frequently.

I think they'll play a tour where they play a few new songs before they release the next record.

I highly doubt we'll be getting a new record from GN'R anytime soon.

On topic: Until they release a new album, the Chinese Democracy tour will continue. And that "new album," is most likely going to be a long, long time from now.

July 29, 2006 – Wembley Arena, London, England

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Live and Let Die"

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

"Street of Dreams (The Blues)"

"Better"

"You Could Be Mine"

"Out ta Get Me"

"Sway"

"Sailing"

"Back in the U.S.S.R."

"Think About You"

"My Michelle"

"Patience"

"November Rain"

"Rocket Queen"

"Nightrain"

"I.R.S."

"Paradise City"

Jungle, ISE, MB, LALD, SCOM, KOHD, SOD, YCBM, P, NR, RQ, N, PC.

13 more songs from a 2006 that were present in 2001 and are still present in 2012. Should I continue?

Edited by DieselDaisy

The setlist still pulls from the same pool of songs. Nothing to really get excited about. It's still the Chinese Democracy tour since 2001.

Wrong. 10 songs have stuck around reliably since 2001. That's it. Meanwhile, dozens of songs have been added since. The Chinese Democracy Tour moniker was dropped in most markets after 2002. It was brought back briefly in 2009 and then dropped again.

As for anything to get excited about, that's a subjective matter. You should get excited about whatever you want and it shouldn't bother you that other people get excited about whatever they want.

Maybe if GNR doesn't excite you anymore, a website devoted to GNR might not be the place for you.

GNR excites me. NUGNR doesn't. Last time I checked this forum wasn't only about NUGNR. I don't condone the way the GNR name is dragged into the mud.

Your arguments are invalid.

Bands usually release material, then they tour to support it and play it live for the people. Whatever you say and claim it is really invalid. The reality remains that Axl does the same old shit since 2001. You were proved wrong about the 10 songs. You are a liar. I'm sorry but when 13-14 songs in a setlist of approx. 25-29 songs out of which 7 are covers and solos, another 5-7 get recycled over the years and the remainder couple are newly brought up (not new songs) is SAME OLD SHIT in my book.

You intentionally fail to grasp the actual problem with Axl's neverending Chinese Democracy tour. You do not really belong in a demanding audience now, do you?

Don't compare Metallica to nuGNR. Metallica has put out 6 albums during the time Axl has relased one. Many hits out of those albums, much bigger crowds in concerts. And they play a genre that is by nature less mainstream. Axl has been touring that one same album for about the same amount of time that Metallica has toured 5 new albums, 4 of which contained new material.

izzy, i wasn't proved wrong about the 10 songs. soul monster had to make notes in his list to gloss over songs being removed from the set and later added. GNR released new material in 2008 and then went on tour to support it in 2009. GNR is a big band with a big following in a lot of countries and it can take a long time to complete a proper world tour. Metallica's most recent album is older than GNR's and they have dates booked through September 2013 and they actually went on tour when their album came out instead of waiting a year.

"It can take a long time to complete a proper world tour."

I didn't know a world tour involved going to the same country twice, as they did with Europe in 2010 and 2012 without any new music to promote.

"They went on tour to support it in 2009."

I thought the 2002 tour was to support it? Oh yeah, that got cancelled. What about the successful 2006 tour, what was that for, the promote the album that was never released. The whole time it was the Chinese Democracy tour. Until Axl puts out new music and tours behind new music it will continue to be the Chinese Democracy tour.

Metallica released 4 albums before Axl released one, so don't compare Metallica to GN'R. Metallica actually have a reasonable fan-site, play to sold-out crowds mostly every night, have a HUGE following, and put out new music on a timely basis. Hell, Bon Jovi released 7 albums during the time it took for Axl to release Chinese Democracy.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Even though Metallica may still be on the "Death Magnetic" Tour they have still managed to put out product unlike GNR. ...so not a good comparison.

See:

Beyond Magnetic (2012 EP of leftover tracks from the same sessions)

Live at Grimeys (2010 Live album)

En Mexico (2009 Live DVD)

You guys are making illogical emotion based arguments. Facts are facts. Metallica's album came out before GNR's. Metallica has been touring much longer than GNR, hitting the same markets twice, just like GNR. Because you like their website or because their shows have larger crowds doesn't change anything I'm saying.

The difference is Metallica didn't released one album in the last 20 years.

izzy, i wasn't proved wrong about the 10 songs. soul monster had to make notes in his list to gloss over songs being removed from the set and later added.

Yes, yes, insist on "reliably been in the set" to mean "played on every show" to gloss over the fact that you were wrong!

I think I will invent a THROL game for discussions with MSL:

"T" is for ''Trolling" which happens whenever he admits to having been trolling with you;

"H" is for "ad Hominem" in-which he attacks you personally rather the discuss the topic;

"R" is for 'Re-defining" in-which he decides to interpret things differently to not having to admit being wrong;

"O" is for "Outstanding!" in-which he tries to lay the discussion dead by pointing out he has a genius level IQ;

"L" is for 'Ludicrous wagers' in-which in a last attempt he tries to scare away opposition by resurrecting playground tactics.

The first to get all five in a single thread with MSL should post THROL and get some reward and recognition for the stamina and patience.

Edited by SoulMonster