Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

I just bought tickets to see Dropkick Murphys at the House of Blues in Boston on sunday. It's a benefit show they just booked for the marathon bombings. Knowing Dropkick... it's gonna be fucking awesome.

They could probably sell out a benefit show across the street if that was feasible.

Anyway, so far this year I've seen Bon Jovi (I was part of a large group doing service work for spring break, this was an evening activity, shut up) and Lynyrd Skynyrd (friend had extra ticket, they were playing in town and my town hardly ever gets any shows. I had seen them 9 years earlier. The show was exactly the same but it was still fun, nothing mind-blowing).

Glad I'm not missing anything when I skip them when they come to town :lol:

How can you afford to go to so many shows all over the world? Are you Iron Maiden's Jarmo?

My rest of the year:

Iron Maiden 28,476 x in 18,729 cities

and Rush in Hershey, PA

His family won Powerball in 1996 and chose annual installments over 20 years. They give 92% of it directly to Iron Maiden. Therefore in 4 years both Iron Maiden and Powerage will go broke.

I just bought tickets to see Dropkick Murphys at the House of Blues in Boston on sunday. It's a benefit show they just booked for the marathon bombings. Knowing Dropkick... it's gonna be fucking awesome.

They could probably sell out a benefit show across the street if that was feasible.

Anyway, so far this year I've seen Bon Jovi (I was part of a large group doing service work for spring break, this was an evening activity, shut up) and Lynyrd Skynyrd (friend had extra ticket, they were playing in town and my town hardly ever gets any shows. I had seen them 9 years earlier. The show was exactly the same but it was still fun, nothing mind-blowing).

No, you're not, but at the same time, you kind of do go to the same show no fewer than 45 times a year, dude :lol:

My rest of the year:

4/20 - Anthrax | New York, NY

4/21 - Anthrax | New York, NY

5/11 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones | Pittsburgh, PA

6/8 - Guns N' Roses | New York, NY

6/14 - Alice Cooper | Syracuse, NY

6/15 - Alice Cooper / Anthrax / The Mighty Mighty Bosstones / more | Montibello, QC (Rockfest)

6/21 - Rush | Hershy, PA

7/10 - Iron Maiden | Malmo, Sweden

7/13 - Iron Maiden | Stockholm, Sweden

7/16 - Iron Maiden | St. Petersburg, Russia

7/18 - Iron Maiden | Moscow, Russia

7/20 - Iron Maiden | Helsinki, Finland

7/24 - Iron Maiden / Anthrax | Bucharest, Romania

7/26 - Iron Maiden / Anthrax | Istanbul, Turkey

7/29 - Iron Maiden | Prague, Czech Republic

7/31 - Iron Maiden / Anthrax | Zagreb, Croatia

8/14 - Black Sabbath | Toronto, ON

9/10 - Iron Maiden / Megadeth | Austin, TX

9/12 - Iron Maiden / Megadeth | Las Vegas, NV

9/13 - Iron Maiden / Megadeth / Testament / Anthrax / Sabaton / Overkill | San Bernardino, CA (The Battle For San Bernardino)

Add:

7/8 - Tower Of Power | Copenhagen, Denmark

8/8 - Mayer Hawthorne & The County | Big Flats, NY

How can you afford to go to so many shows all over the world? Are you Iron Maiden's Jarmo?

No :lol: This year I can afford to do so many shows because I'd been saving to student teach in Australia, until my co-operating school pulled out in January. So I re-allocated that money to do 3 and a half weeks in Europe. I normally only do a week on Maiden's European tours (For the sake of seeing every tour), which really isn't that much money to spend every other year.

Believe it or not, I've barely seen any Maiden gigs in the big picture. There's thousands of FC fans that see them all over the world, and a good majority of them have seen the band at least 60 or 70 times (I'm currently at 30). I know a few people that have seen them over 200 times, and one of my friends just saw his 300th show over the Summer. They've got the most loyal fanbase in the world, that's for sure.

My rest of the year:

Iron Maiden 28,476 x in 18,729 cities

and Rush in Hershey, PA

His family won Powerball in 1996 and chose annual installments over 20 years. They give 92% of it directly to Iron Maiden. Therefore in 4 years both Iron Maiden and Powerage will go broke.

>

No, you're not, but at the same time, you kind of do go to the same show no fewer than 45 times a year, dude :lol:

I know I'm crazy :tongue2: But Maiden s such a huge part of my life, they're not just my favorite band in a traditional sense. They really made an impact on me personally - I've met a lot of my best friends through them. And I know they won't be around much longer, and I want to get everything I can out of their last few years.

I wonder where they rank with U2 fans? They're pretty much the same way.

Honestly, if I had the time and money, I'd do the same thing for my favorite bands.

Don't think U2 fans are as connected as the Maiden fanbase - we're literally like a big family. Everybody knows everybody, and we thrive on those few days per year we get to spend together.

There used to be official Maiden FC conventions held in the UK every year, but they've phased those out in favor of doing FC trips now - which is the same idea but with a couple gigs included instead. FC trips include all concert tickets, early entry for the barrier when available, all lodging and transport, and special FC-only parties (The one in Florida was at Nicko's restaurant and he showed up and played a private gig for us). All at a super-reduced cost. The one this year is for Vegas and San Bernardino :D

Then they sometimes to Bruce Air trips, where everyone meets up at Heathrow and takes a joint flight to the gig, on which Bruce is the pilot.

Trying to decide if I want to go to the How to Destroy Angels show tonight. It's about 3 and a half hours away and they've only been playing around an hour and a half, and they aren't my favorite band. It'll suck having the $110 worth of tickets go to waste, but I'll actually save money if I don't spend any on gas or anything to go. Besides, I've got the closer show to go to on Tuesday night and I actually have someone to go with then.

6/5 - Guns N' Roses | Buffalo, NY :D

I guess I'll see you there. ;)

Looks like this will be my summer:

May 15th - The Killers (Toronto)

May 25th - The Rolling Stones (Toronto)

June 6th - Guns N' Roses (Buffalo)

July 6th - Rush (Hamilton)

July 27th - KISS (London)

I definitely think we'll be able to get Stones tickets for May 25 too, they're as low as $180 on scalping sites, plus the possibility of more $85 tickets. It's looking good :)

Now that I've been getting into Alice in Chains I'm thinking about doing their show in London. Tickets are relatively inexpensive (you can sit back of the Lower Bowl for $40 and it's not like Budweiser Gardens is the biggest place anyways), so I'm just waiting on hearing back from someone and I'll probably make it happen.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I've seen Slash, Rival Sons and Michael Schenker so far.

I've tickets to see The Who and Black Sabbath already.

I might go to see Meatloaf and Elton John if I can pick up a cheap ticket. I plan on going to a few festivals this summer so hopefully will get to see some more good ones.

Now that I've been getting into Alice in Chains I'm thinking about doing their show in London. Tickets are relatively inexpensive (you can sit back of the Lower Bowl for $40 and it's not like Budweiser Gardens is the biggest place anyways), so I'm just waiting on hearing back from someone and I'll probably make it happen.

Go for it. They're great live.

Man, should've said something. I would've gotten you a ticket in the presale.

Man, should've said something. I would've gotten you a ticket in the presale.

It's all good, this is a recent development. :lol:

No pairs of the $32 tickets left so I just went for the first alternate pair that popped up in section 107. Still not a bad price for the pair. I'm just glad there was still some available.

So here we go:

May 15th - The Killers (Air Canada Center - Toronto)

May 25th - The Rolling Stones (Air Canada Center - Toronto)

June 5th - Guns N' Roses (Outer Harbor - Buffalo)

July 6th - Rush (Copps Coliseum - Hamilton)

July 11th - Alice In Chains (Budweiser Gardens - London)

July 27th - KISS (Budweiser Gardens - London)

This is probably the most concerts I've ever had in such a short span of time, or rather the biggest variety of bands.

Soundgarden rocked as usual! Great show and looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow night :)

They do much off King Animal? You catch AIC?

They did more of it in January, but they played two different songs from it this time that they didn't then.

And the show with AIC is May 18th.

Went to the DC101 Chili-cookoff concert yesterday in Washington, DC, where Soundgarden was headlining. The whole day was great and all of the bands were throrougly enjoyable, but AWOLNATION and Soundgarden were the best. The whole day was insane, to say the least. I've never seen so much crowd surfing in my entire life. During AWOL's set, I'm pretty sure within the first 3 songs there was over 100 crowd-surfs, just from my side. It was nuts. They put on an amazing show too, and the lead singer is great. He even came into the crown during Sail and tried to crowd surf on a boogie-board. On our side it didn't work well and he just ended up body-crowd surfing, which was still cool. He wasn't in any rush to get out, and when the security was asking if he wanted help getting out, he was pretty much like "Sure". He honestly didn't care :lol: It worked a lot better when he went to the other side though, and he was actually able to stand up.

397827_10151480200598692_380273293_n.jpg

A number of people dipped out after AWOL though, so I thought it might clear up just enough to give us a little more space and breathing room, but I don't know what I was thinking, because it only got worse when Soundgarden came out. I had hundreds of pounds of pressure just pushing on me throughout the whole set. I thought my back was going to explode. It was great, though, and I was even lucky enough to get Chris' guitar pick. It was a shortened set due to the festival-like setting, but it was awesome, because they ended with Slaves & Bulldozers, but I personally haven't seen them do since the first time I saw them back in 2011. It was amazing and as usual, they fucking rocked.

All in all, crazy, amazing, fun day. Here are some pro-shots from the radio station that you can see me in :awesomeface:

8x21c8.jpg

53v5ut.jpg

hs27wh.jpg