Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Went to see Springsteen last Wednesday. 3 hours and 40 mins of pure awesomeness.

Only 3 hours tonight, but we got Atlantic City and the complete Born In The USA, so I'm a happy man.

Edit: Dammit, I see you got The River, still waiting to hear that, probably my favourite Springsteen song. Might just have to get a ticket for Rock In Rio...

Edited by Amir

Oh, and the Zac Brown band also played, I didn't know they would be there until I actually saw them on stage. All four acts I caught were very very good. Shame about the very short Crowes set.

Didn't think much of Crowes' lead singer, but their guitarists were amazing. Zac Brown Band were cool, too.

I loved that acoustic "My Lucky Day" at the end, I'd never heard the song before, listened to the album version when I got home and it's pants :P

Reading comments from fans on btx.com Bruce Springsteen message board, bitching because he only did a 3 hour show, had already done Born in the USA at Paris, has been touring Wrecking Ball for 2 years....

They should try being Axl Rose fans! Bruce really is the best performer out there and no one gives more to their fans.

A photo I took last night:

1004033_10100127615464752_940611893_n.jp

Oh, and the Zac Brown band also played, I didn't know they would be there until I actually saw them on stage. All four acts I caught were very very good. Shame about the very short Crowes set.

Didn't think much of Crowes' lead singer, but their guitarists were amazing.

They had an even better guitarist on their last tour, but he was replaced this year.

I've never quite liked Chris live either. He does this weird thing with his voice and always changes the way he sings, so it's hard to follow him and impossible to sing along. I think he feels the need to improvise too, as everybody else in the band gets to do that.

They had an even better guitarist on their last tour, but he was replaced this year.

I've never quite liked Chris live either. He does this weird thing with his voice and always changes the way he sings, so it's hard to follow him and impossible to sing along. I think he feels the need to improvise too, as everybody else in the band gets to do that.

I'll have to check out the other guitarist on YouTube, then, I was very impressed by both of them, really dug the cover of Hush. Not a big jam band fan but seeing how much more I loved the guitarists than the singer in this case it was much appreciated!

While I was watching them I was thinking how awesome it would be if one of them was in the band instead of DJ... :/

Edited by Amir

Well, izzygirl, you were right. I couldn't be in Rio in September and not go see Springsteen. Bought my ticket. Hoping I get to hear The River this time, that harmonica just gives me chills every time.

I wish I dug Bruce's stuff more, his concerts sound amazing judging from this thread.

Give him another chance, but here's my advice: don't even bother with the studio albums. Just try the live album Live 1975/85 and the video release London Calling: Live in Hyde Park (2009) although you don't necessarily have to get the video version, an audio version will do just fine; there is none for sale officially but you can download it anywhere.

Saw Monster Truck / I Mother Earth / Alice in Chains on monday. Got to the park and just kind of strolled up front, I was 2nd row, just right of center stage, and had my girlfriend in front of me. Monster Truck were awesome, I Mother Earth sucked, their set dragged on waaay too long. The crowd was really chill for the first bands, but when AiC went on we couldn't move. They were good though, anyone seeing them soon won't be disappointed, my only complaint is I wish they'd play more than 2 songs off the new album.

Just got back from seeing Robbie Williams. Incredible stage show, one of the best I've seen, I'd actually rate it slightly ahead of The Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang show and not far behind Roger Waters. The performance was not much to write home about - not bad, mind you, just ok; although I'm very happy with the setlist - but visually the whole thing was unbelievable.

The Who tonight, doing Quadrophenia. I'm not quite sure what to expect from the bulk of the show, seeing how I don't really know anything about the album. I've only listened to it three or four times in preparation for this concert, but if there's a themed show and there are visual cues or anything like that I won't get it. When I saw Roger Waters doing The Wall I knew the album very well so the show made sense to me. Here it's different, I'm mostly going for the encore (five or six of their biggest songs) I suppose.

My parents got to see Robert Plant for free on the beach in Abu Dhabi a few years back for WOMAD Festival, dad said it was great. ZoSo how'd you get your photo with Slash? I managed to get his autograph after London gig in October but we were all told no photos (tbf there was a really long queue).

Alice in Chains announced UK dates in November, tickets go on sale on Friday, thinking of getting a ticket, how are they live?

Saw Monster Truck / I Mother Earth / Alice in Chains on monday. Got to the park and just kind of strolled up front, I was 2nd row, just right of center stage, and had my girlfriend in front of me. Monster Truck were awesome, I Mother Earth sucked, their set dragged on waaay too long. The crowd was really chill for the first bands, but when AiC went on we couldn't move. They were good though, anyone seeing them soon won't be disappointed, my only complaint is I wish they'd play more than 2 songs off the new album.

Let me guess - Stone and Hollow?

Alice in Chains announced UK dates in November, tickets go on sale on Friday, thinking of getting a ticket, how are they live?

Go see them.

Seconded.

Gonna definitely do the Pearl Jam in Baltimore gig. Might try for one or two of the Philly shows.

The Pretty Reckless are touring also. I thought they were pretty good when they opened for Gn'R in Camden, and Taylor Momsen is hot as shit. Might try to catch a show. VIP/Meet & Greet tickets are only like $60 or so.

I'm debating if I should see AIC at the Toronto festival next month. I really like their latest album so ill be a little bummed if they only play 2 tracks from it.