Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Saw Monster Truck / I Mother Earth / Alice in Chains on monday. Got to the park and just kind of strolled up front, I was 2nd row, just right of center stage, and had my girlfriend in front of me. Monster Truck were awesome, I Mother Earth sucked, their set dragged on waaay too long. The crowd was really chill for the first bands, but when AiC went on we couldn't move. They were good though, anyone seeing them soon won't be disappointed, my only complaint is I wish they'd play more than 2 songs off the new album.

I'm debating if I should see AIC at the Toronto festival next month. I really like their latest album so ill be a little bummed if they only play 2 tracks from it.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on getting more than 2 tracks from the new record. They also play 2 tracks from Black Gives Way to Blue. Here's the setlist from the show I saw.

It's still an awesome show, I'd definitely like to go see them again on a proper tour, they're just doing a bit of a festival run so hopefully on the next NA leg they add 2 or 3 new songs....

My parents got to see Robert Plant for free on the beach in Abu Dhabi a few years back for WOMAD Festival, dad said it was great. ZoSo how'd you get your photo with Slash? I managed to get his autograph after London gig in October but we were all told no photos (tbf there was a really long queue).

Alice in Chains announced UK dates in November, tickets go on sale on Friday, thinking of getting a ticket, how are they live?

Awesome man! I've seen him before on the Raising Sand tour. It was awesome but Im looking forward to hearing more Zep tunes this time. Hes one of my idols rock3

Anyways, with Slash I got to meet him before the show at the VIP thing. I got in for free and got to talk to him for a little while and got the picture and a few autographs. Nice dude

Better make sure I get AiC tickets tomorrow morning, then.

The Pretty Reckless have just released tickets for London, should I pick one up? I quite like their songs, any of you seen them when they opened for GNR? I saw Taylor Momsen briefly (didn't know it was her at the time) with Axl after the L'Arc gig before they went back to his hotel to play Monopoly or whatever it is rock stars like to do with hot babes.

Had my first gig in Europe last night, in Malmo. Did the barrier and it was absolutely fuckin' nuts, but a cool experience. Definitely not doing the barrier in Stockholm since its 61,000. Gotta decide if its worth doing the barrier for St. Petersburg, might be insane there!

Saw Alice last night in London. It was a disappointment that I only got a 15 song set because of the oddly strict curfew at Budweiser Gardens and the seemingly late start time. Still, it was a hell of a show. William Duvall can really sing. I don't know how anybody could have walked out of there disappointed with how the band sounded. Great set list too though three more songs would have been ideal but oh well. I don't feel ripped off, I had a great time and I wish I could catch the Toronto show next month but I'll be on vacation.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the time issues, but it was still a hell of a show. That being said, I'm kinda tired of being around drunks at shows. I mean, be drunk all you want, but stop spilling your fucking beer all over the place.

But yeah. great show. Wish there were a few more songs, but that's okay. DuVall really takes charge of the stage more than I thought he would which was awesome. Great stuff.

Robert plant was amazing tonight! his voice is still fantastic and his band its totally unique.will always dream of seeing page or zeppelin but it was still so great to see Robert again, and hearing s bunch of zeppelin sons i haven't heard him play before.

The drunk idiots in the audience were annoying though

Edited by ZoSoRose

Went and saw Gigantour the other night, they had tickets buy 1 get 1 free. Good show but dead crowd. Only a little over 1500 tickets sold in an 8000 capacity arena. Newsted's new band rocked.

Volbeat, HIM, All That Remains, & Airborne next month.

Edited by tat2d1

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday, IRON MAIDEN for the first time (great show, cool seeing Powerage, too).

Last Sunday, Einaudi (little bit different from show the night before, great all the same).

31st Aug: Leonard Cohen in Manchester

21st Sep: Bruce Springsteen in Rio

22nd Sep: Iron Maiden in Rio

12th Oct: Zbigniew Preisner with Lisa Gerrard in London

9th Nov: Alice in Chains

November will be the first time I see AiC, unless I decide to get an AiC/Metallica day ticket for Rock In Rio. Already seen Metallica twice, though, including once this year, and tickets are £100!

Edited by Amir

This is my list so far

-Of Monsters and Men (My Head is an Animal Tour)- Meadow Brook Music Festival- Rochester, Michigan

-The Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor and Taylor Swift (50 and Counting Tour)- United Center, Chicago

-Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Rise Against, Silversun Pickups, Dropkick Murphys, Tomahawk, Battlecross, Dead Sara, Foals, The Orwells, The Bronx (Orion Music + More Festival)- Belle Isle, Detroit

-Metallica, Deftones, Cauldron, The Dirtbombs, All Shall Parish (Orion Music + More Festival)- Belle Isle, Detroit

-Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators (Common Ground Music Festival)- Lansing, Michigan

-Robert Plant and the Sensational Shape Shifters/ The Lone Below (Taste of Chicago)- Grant Park, Chicag

A little smaller than the last few years, but it has been fantastic so far!

Upcoming shows (including Sabbath tonight) I may go to are

-Black Sabbath/ Andrew WK ("13" Tour)- DTE Energy Music Arena, Clarkston

-John Mayer (Born and Raised Tour)- DTE Energy Music Arena, Clarkston

-Joe Satriani/ Steve Morse (Unstoppable Momentum Tour)- Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo, Michigan

-Alice In Chains/ Jane's Addiction/ Coheed and Cambria/ Duff McKagan/ The Dead Daisies (Rockstar Energy Festival)- DTE Energy Music Arena

-Avenged Sevenfold/ Deftones/ Ghost (Hail to the King Tour)- Joe Louis Arena, Detroit

-Jeff Beck and The Beach Boys- TBA, Detroit

-Nine Inch Nails (Hesitation Marks Tour)- The Palace of Auburn Hills

-Rod Stewert/ Steve Winwood- The Palace of Auburn Hills

I probably wont go to all of these, but that's ok

The quantity is still meh, but the quality is there. -_-

Future:

2013-09-18 - Leonard Cohen @ Ahoy, Rotterdam
2013-10-06 - Joe Bonamassa @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
2013-11-18 - Johnny Flynn And The Sussex Wit @ Bitterzoet, Amsterdam
2013-11-24 - Maria Mena @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
Past:
2013-07-01 - The Black Crowes @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
2013-06-22 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band, The Black Crowes, Jamie N Commons @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen
2013-04-12 - Boudewijn de Groot @ Oosterpoort, Groningen
2013-03-22 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Transfer @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
2013-02-08 - Doe Maar, Herman In Een Bakje Geitenkwark @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
Would still sell my right arm to see the Stones if they go anywhere near here. Go fall European arena tour rumors!!
Edited by username

Gah, NIN need to announce Europe dates soon, I'm jealous of you NA fuckers.

Saw The Black Crowes open for Bruce back in June, loved their guitarists, singer not so much.

Might be tempted by a Stones arena show after the Hyde Park disappointment. Spoke to Powerage about it, he said he didn't think the live recording on iTunes was up to much, either. Only artist I think who can pull off a big stadium/festival show really well is The Boss.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about going to see Alice Cooper in November, but tickets start at $115 :nervous:

Gonna really consider it though, because I don't have to travel to see him like I do for most concerts, so I save ferry & hotel money....

Jesus, tickets for the gigs near us are $60 for the best seats. I'd never pay $115 for Alice, and he's one of my favorites.

I'll be missing out on Cooper due to NIN, but that's OK with me.

I've got the last Sabbath show in Philly this saturday, NIN at the Made In America Festival on September 1st, Avenged Sevenfold sometime in October, and 3 other NIN shows in October. :D

I am disappoint :(

I think the show I saw last year, tickets were somewhere around $70, maybe $80, but we were second row... I'm gonna have a bit of extra money, so I'll probably wait and see what pops up on the classifieds... The show last year was really good, my only issue is I don't want to pay $115 to see about 1/4 of his set be covers (since it's a continuation of Raise The Dead).

I wish more bands would come around here, I hate having to travel to Vancouver <_<