Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Tickets are on sale while I'm at work, and gig is a Tuesday evening. But I'll try my damndest to get a ticket. Never seen NIN before, got into them just after the NIN/JA tour (not long after that I started listening to Jane's Addiction, too, but passed on seeing them with a friend when I was in Toronto in Feb '12 because it was $80 and seated).

I love Cooper, but I love NIN a bit more :tongue2:

Don't worry, maybe we can catch him together next time he comes around :D

I'm holding you to that one ;)

On the topic of Alice, I think I'm gonna catch the Red Bank, Wilkes-Barre, and Verona gigs. Verona will be my 30th :D

I have seen Walking Papers earlier this year they were freaking amazing and i met Duff after the show!

I just saw them at Uproar Fest on Friday, and I got to meet Duff (and the rest of the band) too. They were doing a little signing between bands and it was really cool to get to tell him how much I liked his book in person.

On the subject of Uproar, despite it's small size, I had a great time. Besides getting to see Coheed (who debuted Gravity's Union live <3), Circa Survive, and Alice in Chains in one show, some of the smaller bands were really good too (like Middle Class Rut and New Politics). I was surprised to see Fortus and Dizzy playing there too, with the Dead Daisies - I'd forgotten they were in that band and it took me a few seconds to figure out why their guitarist looked so familiar. Now I can't wait to go to a real festival someday.

It's been kind of a slow concert year for me. I saw The Black Crowes and I'm seeing them again this Thursday. I've seen The Lone Bellow twice and I'll be seeing them again in November. I saw fun. with Tegan And Sara a few weeks back. Went to see Darius Rucker and thought he was terrible. I could be forgetting something, but I think that's all I've seen thus far.

December 27-29 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Hometown Throwdown in Boston :shades:

Ooh. May see you there. House of Blues?

Yep! Last year tix were $25 I think. If you're a big fan, I highly suggest doing more than one night, as they do almost no repeat songs from night-to-night of the Throwdown. Last year they did like 70 different songs in 3 gigs! Rare stuff too, sometimes songs they haven't played in 20+ years, or ever.

December 27-29 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Hometown Throwdown in Boston :shades:

Yep! Last year tix were $25 I think. If you're a big fan, I highly suggest doing more than one night, as they do almost no repeat songs from night-to-night of the Throwdown. Last year they did like 70 different songs in 3 gigs! Rare stuff too, sometimes songs they haven't played in 20+ years, or ever.

Cool. To be honest, I only know a few songs but I've heard only great things about their shows and I've always meant to catch one. What album should I start with?

Cool. To be honest, I only know a few songs but I've heard only great things about their shows and I've always meant to catch one. What album should I start with?

The thing about them that I love is they're one of, if not the tightest live band out there and they tour so infrequently. They do about a dozen shows in the average year - they'll normally do a couple shows somewhere in the spring, a week-long US tour in the Summer, and the Throwdown, and that's a whole year of touring for the Bosstones. It would be so easy for them to be a lazy live band and play the exact same setlist at every gig since they're fans are so starved for live shows. But they're not - they put 150% effort into everything, and even when you're going to a one-off festival gig where they've got a 45 minute slot, they still manage to pull out a song you'd never expect. And the Throwdown is definitely the time and place to see them - it's a very theatrical show, as opposed to their normal "no bullshit" stage shows. Last year the stage set was the rooftops of Kenmore Square in Boston, complete with a lifesize version of the massive Citgo sign...cool stuff!

As for a good starting point - either go with Let's Face It or Live From The Middle East. The former is their "big" album from the 90's - it's got most of the hits, but it also manages to be their most solid album front-to-back. Live From The Middle East is their only live album, from the same year Let's Face It was released. It was recorded at one of the '97 Throwdown gigs and it's just pure fucking energy, no other way to describe it.

If you end up going, PM me - we'll have to meet up for a beer or something ;)