[Rumor] GnR South America Tour

SeBaZ

I find this impossible to believe. Peru will never see this line-up again, the promoter that brought Axl's band in 2010 said that - luckily - they broke even and was a bad business for them, since they expected to sell 30,000 tickets and only sold 22,000 (for a band that never set foot in this country, that was really really bad) and most of the tickets were sold with a promotional discount, also 3/4 of the attendants left disappointed (couldn't hear Axl, complained about the show lateness, complained about "this isn't Gn'R", etc). So, I'm not saying the entire leg is false, but the gig in Peru is definitely not happening.

Edited by pi2loc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LarsNorwegw

I find this impossible to believe. Peru will never see this line-up again, the promoter that brought Axl's band in 2010 said that - luckily - they broke even and was a bad business for them, since they expected to sell 30,000 tickets and only sold 22,000 (for a band that never set foot in this country, that was really really bad) and most of the tickets were sold with a promotional discount, also 3/4 of the attendants left disappointed (couldn't hear Axl, complained about the show lateness, complained about "this isn't Gn'R", etc). So, I'm not saying the entire leg is false, but the gig in Peru is definitely not happening.

Its fake. After my sis fals asleep, im gonna touch her boob and shout QUIT TOURING! ;)

Guest LarsNorwegw

The SA tour dates are fake.

I was told that GNR will be doing a North America Summer tour. Arena

You'd better be lying. :o

Arena tour? This is as fake as my sisters titts! Very very fake!

Pics or gtfo.

Pics of the fake tour? Can not be done, considering I assume its fake. Sorry, kompis;)

whats the name of the tour, "give me your money,I have to pay things, my lameass group and lebois family world tour 2013"

this is not a band,this is a fucking shame

wait a new record,maybe in 2035

Why isn't this a band? It's only been 4 years since the last record and since then they've been touring a lot. They are very much a band. A great one.

I think this is great news, if true. There's also some rumblings about another US club tour in early spring. These SA dates would serve as great warm up shows for the next Chinese Democracy / Greatest Hits 2013 tour.

I agree with this. It is sad that they are touring with no new music in between. They have toured basically every major market now, some twice. Call it a night and put out a record.

Lebeis Family Sightseeing Tour 2013, sponsored by Guns N' Roses.

LOLLLLLLLLL ouch!!

whats the name of the tour, "give me your money,I have to pay things, my lameass group and lebois family world tour 2013"

this is not a band,this is a fucking shame

wait a new record,maybe in 2035

Why isn't this a band? It's only been 4 years since the last record and since then they've been touring a lot. They are very much a band. A great one.

While they are a band in the practical sense, I don't see them as a cohesive unit that jams together and writes together like Metallica or better yet, Tool do. Those guys jam, improvise, write, share ideas and songwriting credit. It really feels like each member of those bands brings in the equal share in terms of writing and effort where with Guns, it's Axl's show and the others do not or can not really do anything unless Axl says.

While they are a band in the practical sense, I don't see them as a cohesive unit that jams together and writes together like Metallica or better yet, Tool do. Those guys jam, improvise, write, share ideas and songwriting credit.

Well, GN'R do write together, them to improvise together, they do share ideas with each other and they do share songwriting credits. They also jams together at rehearsals.

I think this is great news, if true. There's also some rumblings about another US club tour in early spring. These SA dates would serve as great warm up shows for the next Chinese Democracy / Greatest Hits 2013 tour.

Sounds great I can see them touring the rest of the decade.

While they are a band in the practical sense, I don't see them as a cohesive unit that jams together and writes together like Metallica or better yet, Tool do. Those guys jam, improvise, write, share ideas and songwriting credit.

Well, GN'R do write together, them to improvise together, they do share ideas with each other and they do share songwriting credits. They also jams together at rehearsals.

Hmmm I don't agree. Some of the bandmembers may write together like Brain and Bucket on Shacklers, but otherwise Axl goes through what the individual members have recorded and alters it, copies it, pastes it over something else etc. I mean he even comped Brian May's solo! Alot of the songs were done in such a way that half the members were not even around when the guys who wrote it actually wrote it. That's not a band to me. Bumble did the rhythm guitar for Chinese long after Freese(who has a writing credit) left the band. Bumble did the solo to Shacklers long after Bucket(who wrote most of the song sans lyrics and vocals) left the band. That is not 'writing together', that is not improvising in a room and going with the vibe. Hell even Bumble's solos for Shacklers and Catcher were comped so what he 'wrote' he had to relearn after Axl and producer number 8 manipulated it.

Hmmm I don't agree. Some of the bandmembers may write together like Brain and Bucket on Shacklers, but otherwise Axl goes through what the individual members have recorded and alters it, copies it, pastes it over something else etc. I mean he even comped Brian May's solo! Alot of the songs were done in such a way that half the members were not even around when the guys who wrote it actually wrote it. That's not a band to me. Bumble did the rhythm guitar for Chinese long after Freese(who has a writing credit) left the band. Bumble did the solo to Shacklers long after Bucket(who wrote most of the song sans lyrics and vocals) left the band. That is not 'writing together', that is not improvising in a room and going with the vibe. Hell even Bumble's solos for Shacklers and Catcher were comped so what he 'wrote' he had to relearn after Axl and producer number 8 manipulated it.

Oh, it's been such a staccato process. Band members come up with riffs/songs together or individually, this is passed off to others and worked on, back and forth, and ultimately Axl puts it all together or lets it rest until a new member may add something to it. If a group of musicians only is a band if they work together in the traditional way where they are all together at the same time and at the same geographic spot, then Guns N' Roses isn't a band, either. But again, look at the writing credits and you will see that most songs have multiple writers. So some way they have written together.