SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators European Tour 2013

Zint

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blackpool gig was immense. Highlights of the show were Rocket Queen, No More Heroes and Halo. But the defining moment was Welcome to the Jungle. Absolutely blew the roof off, I had no idea they were going to do it. Just immense. rock4

Glad you enjoyed it! rock3

Saw him in Nottingham two nights ago, fantastic show - first time seeing him.

Hung around the back of the arena for an hour with about 50 people, we all managed to get autographs too. Though he wouldn't do any photos.

They kinda played in all European countries during this tour, except France...guess I'll have to catch'em next time :cry:

Nope, the last EU/UK leg was based mainly on Eastern Europe / Scandinavia / Ireland.

Slash will be back in Europe in 2014 playing a whole Tour. :shades:

he's kinda weird about the no photos eh?

Saw him in Nottingham two nights ago, fantastic show - first time seeing him.

Hung around the back of the arena for an hour with about 50 people, we all managed to get autographs too. Though he wouldn't do any photos.

They kinda played in all European countries during this tour, except France...guess I'll have to catch'em next time :cry:

Nope, the last EU/UK leg was based mainly on Eastern Europe / Scandinavia / Ireland.

Since you're some sort of Slash's insider, can you tell us why he does not want to take pictures with fans? I'd be really pissed if I met him and they tell me "no pictures".

Since you're some sort of Slash's insider, can you tell us why he does not want to take pictures with fans? I'd be really pissed if I met him and they tell me "no pictures".

oh boy, i'm not an insider, i'm just a normal guy :)

About pictures, i guess he can't take pictures with fans after the show because they are too many waiting outside the venue.

If he takes a picture with a fan, he has to do the same with all the fans. And he is mostly in a hurry after the show because he has to leave to the next city. :thumbsup:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Had a brilliant time at the two Irish dates :D

Slash said he'd be back next year at the end of night two.

Got him to sign the same top Axl signed last May:

n3qj2h.jpg

You had to line up in single file and if anyone even looked at their phone, the security were going over threatening that Slash would walk away. He didn't say anything to anyone. Just signed your item and you were moved along quickly.

I don't want to turn this into an Axl V Slash thing and I REALLY enjoyed Slash's shows but Axl was way nicer/exciting to meet. He was friendly, joking and gave everyone some time. With Slash you could tell he had no interest what so ever.

It was cool to get his autograph regardless.

Had a brilliant time at the two Irish dates :D

Slash said he'd be back next year at the end of night two.

Got him to sign the same top Axl signed last May:

n3qj2h.jpg

You had to line up in single file and if anyone even looked at their phone, the security were going over threatening that Slash would walk away. He didn't say anything to anyone. Just signed your item and you were moved along quickly.

I don't want to turn this into an Axl V Slash thing and I REALLY enjoyed Slash's shows but Axl was way nicer/exciting to meet. He was friendly, joking and gave everyone some time. With Slash you could tell he had no interest what so ever.

It was cool to get his autograph regardless.

Sort of puts a different perspective on things though to be fair signing stuff must get old after 25+ years.

Glad you had a good time regardless.

Slash does care, if he knows fans are waiting he will meet them 99 percent of the time. His assistant told me he loves meeting fans but after shows gets tired and may seem uninterested because of it. Doesn't take pictures only because the crowds get so big. My gf and i waited after an ingrid michaelson gig and it was the same. Security said absolutely no cameras. Still, glad you guts had an awesome time!

oh boy, i'm not an insider, i'm just a normal guy :)

About pictures, i guess he can't take pictures with fans after the show because they are too many waiting outside the venue.

If he takes a picture with a fan, he has to do the same with all the fans. And he is mostly in a hurry after the show because he has to leave to the next city. :thumbsup:

That's why I said "sort of". :tongue2:

Thanks for the info and keep up the hard work!

• 1 month later...
Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Slash does care, if he knows fans are waiting he will meet them 99 percent of the time. His assistant told me he loves meeting fans but after shows gets tired and may seem uninterested because of it. Doesn't take pictures only because the crowds get so big. My gf and i waited after an ingrid michaelson gig and it was the same. Security said absolutely no cameras. Still, glad you guts had an awesome time!

Yeah, from what I've heard he'll meet fans after every show which is awesome.

I'd have loved to have got a picture with him but understand how long it would take him to take a photo with everyone.

I can't help but find my experience of meeting Axl, way more magical. A lot of that is because Axl was always my favourite member and his personality in general is more exciting. Slash is more chill.