lol meet n greets

bacardimayne

How awkward do you think it is for Ron, Tommy and them, knowing that after every show, they're going to have to deal with angry fans who paid 250 dollars thinking they were going to meet Axl Rose, but instead they get these guys? I imagine it's the worst part of the job.

I think anybody buying them is probably a big enough of the current line-up anyways that they'll enjoy meeting whoever. They also probably realize Axl likely won't be there. In other words, I don't think Frank or Bumble or whoever has to worry much about angry fans.

I think anybody buying them is probably a big enough of the current line-up anyways that they'll enjoy meeting whoever. They also probably realize Axl likely won't be there. In other words, I don't think Frank or Bumble or whoever has to worry much about angry fans.

No one buys the meet n greets thinking Axl is going to be there. Let me amend that actually- only the most naive, sheltered, and clueless individuals buy the meet n greets thinking Axl is going to be there. Just my 2 cents.

How awkward do you think it is for Ron, Tommy and them, knowing that after every show, they're going to have to deal with angry fans who paid 250 dollars thinking they were going to meet Axl Rose, but instead they get these guys? I imagine it's the worst part of the job.

I think it's more awkward for a fan who paid to meet "Guns N Roses" and then meet BBF (lol), DJ Ashba (hahaha) and Frank Ferrer (fking ROFL).

Who would actually pay that much money to meet those guys? Nothing against them, but it's not like they've written the music that we pay to see.

So if they wrote any of the music you would pay to meet them? I mean, you're already paying to see them. They're awesome musicians. But I wouldn't pay to meet them, just like I wouldn't pay to meet Axl, Slash or anyone else.

I think it's more awkward for a fan who paid to meet "Guns N Roses" and then meet BBF (lol), DJ Ashba (hahaha) and Frank Ferrer (fking ROFL).

You pay to meet Guns N Roses today, you meet Guns N Roses today. Logical? If a fan is surprised by meeting BBF, Ashba or Frank (who are members of Guns N Roses), I wouldn't exactly call them a fan.

Edited by Jeez

Who would actually pay that much money to meet those guys? Nothing against them, but it's not like they've written the music that we pay to see.

So if they wrote any of the music you would pay to meet them? I mean, you're already paying to see them. They're awesome musicians. But I wouldn't pay to meet them, just like I wouldn't pay to meet Axl, Slash or anyone else.

I was talking about fans of this band in general. I wouldn't pay, not that much money, even for Axl. I might pay an extra 20 bux for Axl but not a hundred. And that's just because he's my favorite lead singer ever. I wouldn't pay anything to meet the rest of the original band. For me the coolest thing is that I can just drop Bumble an email and he responds. Class Act.

No one buys the meet n greets thinking Axl is going to be there. Let me amend that actually- only the most naive, sheltered, and clueless individuals buy the meet n greets thinking Axl is going to be there. Just my 2 cents.

Ya think? I mean, yeah, only idiots go to the show expecting the old lineup, but I don't think it's ridiculous to think people expect to meet Axl after paying 250 dollars for a VIP ticket.

>I think it's more awkward for a fan who paid to meet "Guns N Roses" and then meet BBF (lol), DJ Ashba (hahaha) and Frank Ferrer (fking ROFL).

You pay to meet Guns N Roses today, you meet Guns N Roses today. Logical? If a fan is surprised by meeting BBF, Ashba or Frank (who are members of Guns N Roses), I wouldn't exactly call them a fan.

I wonder what you'd talk to them about? Wow BBF those few solos you did on CD changed my life... Frank, that one song you've played on was better than anything that old gnr ever did. Oh DJ you haven't even been on an album but I'm sure if you were, it would be better than anything the old guys did. I'm a massive fan of all you touring musicians. You've change the world covering those songs!

Sounds fair to charge people to meet these guys.

Perhaps the money made off of these meet&greet events go directly to those who show up. I would imagine management takes a cut for organizing them.

I'm not sure how well it would stand with guys like Bumble and DJ if they were told by the "boss" that their attendance was mandatory but his was not and he's getting a cut of the proceeds. Remember that Axl spoke against these type of events, so perhaps he yielded considering it's another way of making those around him happier (i.e. richer) without him having to give up a bigger percentage of his stake.

Edited by downzy

You can't really say it's fair for them to charge. I get what you're saying, but nobody is forcing anybody to buy the VIP package. For some it might be worth it. Could just be some guitar nerd who has always followed Richard's and Ron's careers and isn't necessarily all that interested in GNR's past anyways.

Ya think? I mean, yeah, only idiots go to the show expecting the old lineup, but I don't think it's ridiculous to think people expect to meet Axl after paying 250 dollars for a VIP ticket.

Yeah but who are those people? That's my point. I may have used colorful phrasings, but essentially, if you're going to the meet n greet to hang with Axl, you're either naive or aren't familiar with Axl's reclusiveness. S'all I'm sayin.

And I fully acknowledge that there are most definitely people out there who truly believe they'll get to meet Axl by buying one of those VIP tickets. But going back to the thread's premise- I don't think the behavior of those individuals is as bad as you're suggesting. I mean, let's be real, part of the bandmembers daily routine is getting asked about Axl, mirite? They're used to it. They're on autopilot with that shit now. lulz

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that there are people who think that Axl might be there. Not everyone who is a fan will read the forums, added to that the high cost of the M&G is suggestive of something special. The information given about these events should state that Axl does not attend them. I suspect the promoters don't do this because the take up would probably drop off significantly.

Last year i bought tickets to the uk tour and treated myself to MnG for the last show. By the time that show came i had met every member several times via the buses, as well as spending an hour with tommy on his acoustic show before the meet n greet. All that was free, so by the time i went to the meet n greet it seemed a bit pointless for me at that point adding the fact i paid for it months previous not knowing id meet them for free.

A lot of the people who buy meet n greets probably have interest in the members solo projects too, so i reckon most people were satisfied with it.