Slash, Duff, Sorum and Gilby to play South Africa

bacardimayne

Event: KINGS OF CHAOS Rock Legends LIVE!

Dates: 15 and 16 June 2013

Venue: The Superbowl

Priced From: R 375.00

Enquiries: +27 83 915 8000

Credit to John Bonham at GNFNR and SlashFrance on Twitter.

Apparently Sebastian Bach is going to sing on the GNR songs. Bit of a waste if you ask me. They gather 4 members of a classic GNR lineup and the best person they can get to sing is Bach?

Slash is joining them? I thought Steve Stevens was the guitarist in the group, unless he's touring with Billy Idol.

They also have Glenn Hughes in the group... it's not just Bach and Joe Elliott. To me, this is just taking Camp Freddy on the road, minus Donovan, Dave Navarro and Billy Morrison.

Edited by dalsh327

I remember in Duff's book he said Bach had gone a bit weird on him and Slash and wasn't speaking to them.

Considering his friendship with Axl this is a surprise. Maybe Axl isn't bothered about stuff like this although that seems a little out of character, perhaps he really has mellowed with time.

Or maybe Bach doesn't care!

Apparently Sebastian Bach is going to sing on the GNR songs. Bit of a waste if you ask me. They gather 4 members of a classic GNR lineup and the best person they can get to sing is Bach?

who would you get?
Myles.

Interesting, esp. if you consider Bach as a friend of Axl...

I remember in Duff's book he said Bach had gone a bit weird on him and Slash and wasn't speaking to them.

Considering his friendship with Axl this is a surprise. Maybe Axl isn't bothered about stuff like this although that seems a little out of character, perhaps he really has mellowed with time.

Or maybe Bach doesn't care!

Yeah, it is pretty weird.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2012/07/19/hes-bach-an-interview-with-rocker-sebastian-bach-who-plays-peabodys-on-tuesday

I just played with Duff [McKagan] and Matt Sorum with a band called the Rock n roll Allstars with Gene Simmons and Joe Elliott. I’m also friends with Axl, and I don’t want to piss off either side. When I stick up for Axl, Duff gets mad at me. When I stick up for Duff, Axl gets mad at me. It’s totally true.