March 13th, 2013 - Newcastle, Australia

izzyreed

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tonight was much better than Sydney. Better crowd, more energy from the guys, Axl moved around a lot. Was an awesome show.

He sang clean for the most part, only rasped it sparingly, but having said that.... it sounded quite powerful with a lot of control.

I shot some video on a different camera to what I'm used to, I'll upload it soon. Not as good as what mine shoots though, the audio peaks a bit.

The set was mostly the same except The Seeker was played a lot earlier. No real surprises other than that, some sweaty old lady behind me threw her bra on stage and then DJ and Tommy goofed around with it a bit. Then she pressed her bra-less chest up against me for most of the show... that was pretty uncomfortable. :lol:

The guys were all laughing and messing around a lot tonight... The crowd definitely propelled them along, they had a fair bit of energy right through to Paradise City. :)

I thought tonight was much better than Sydney. Better crowd, more energy from the guys, Axl moved around a lot. Was an awesome show.

He sang clean for the most part, only rasped it sparingly, but having said that.... it sounded quite powerful with a lot of control.

I shot some video on a different camera to what I'm used to, I'll upload it soon. Not as good as what mine shoots though, the audio peaks a bit.

The set was mostly the same except The Seeker was played a lot earlier. No real surprises other than that, some sweaty old lady behind me threw her bra on stage and then DJ and Tommy goofed around with it a bit. Then she pressed her bra-less chest up against me for most of the show... that was pretty uncomfortable. :lol:

The guys were all laughing and messing around a lot tonight... The crowd definitely propelled them along, they had a fair bit of energy right through to Paradise City. :)

How busy was the venue and did it appear that the general fans had a good time?

Edited by Coma16

Axl now as curly hair? Where the hell did he do the hair transplant from? :suspicious:

It was a solid setlist - some more vids would be nice though.

My hair has changed from straight to curly in the past. I didn't kow what the fuck happened, but it did... not outside the realm of possibility. I was also born with blond hair and now have brown, my cousin is the opposite.

I often thought in rio 2001 he had pressed his hair to get rid of curls.

Edited by jimb0

Some people say "Oh, Axl sounds like shit" or "Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse" or "like a dying animal", but, some people say "Axl sounds amazing", "I've been to many GN'R concerts, and that's the best i've see him singing". And i can't take my opinion because i wasn't at the shows and i'm without sound here on my pc. What's goin' on?

the nutswingers, the musically deaf posters sayin' Axl is amazing with his mickey voice

Thats all.

Poeple with ears sayin Axl sounds bad mostly

Then she pressed her bra-less chest up against me for most of the show... that was pretty uncomfortable.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

157058_543866428968826_1070648341_n.jpg

Axl wears his 2001 sunglasses? wow

Btw i can understand why he wears a hat

His hair is in poor condition

Other than this, thit is a cool picture

Edited by Crash Diet

I heard rumors that ridiculous Australian curfews are to blame for the short non-marathon setlists.

Fixed...

I heard rumors that ridiculous Australian curfews are to blame for the short non-marathon setlists.

Fixed...

Id take the current set for my next shew to hear catcher live. Although I've already seem them 3 times. Set it's still long though and still a lot bigger than other big bands like Aerosmith and van halen

I hate topping on a God damn phone...

Edited by ZoSoRose

How busy was the venue and did it appear that the general fans had a good time?
Packed. Just like Sydney, I heard nothing but good things from people after the show. It's so weird coming back on here and reading so much negative shit from people that weren't even there telling me how 'shit' Axl sounds... I heard more than one person say it was the best show they'd ever been to. :shrugs:

It wasn't the best I've seen Axl vocally but it was one of his best performances. You'd be surprised how much more that matters when you're there.

Short review here: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1363135/gallery-axl-fronts-and-delivers-with-non-stop-rock/?cs=12

Damn... Pic with the cane, WTF?

Someone should really say things to Axl - but everyone he crosses is asslicker (myself included if I met him)

No one in the band can truly talk to him, I am not even mentionning Team Brazil...

Which was not the case in the 90' era, where he was at the same level with other members. Axl has rejected every opposite mind in his circle, even external management.

I'm still hoping things will get better for him and the band, like "the best is yet to come", but it's more and more a sad story a la Michael Jackson

(still enjoying the shows though, but come on...)

Edited by Pingouino

Someone should really say things to Axl - but everyone he crosses is asslicker (myself included if I met him)

No one in the band can truly talk to him, I am not even mentionning Team Brazil...

Which was not the case in the 90' era, where he was at the same level with other members. Axl has rejected every opposite mind in his circle, even external management.

I'm still hoping things will get better for him and the band, like "the best is yet to come", but it's more and more a sad story a la Michael Jackson

Do you even read what you type before you hit 'post' mate? It's just a cane.

Do you even read what you type before you hit 'post' mate? It's just a cane.

:awesomeface: right, that was not about the "cane", but what we are seeing on the pic... It might be because I am disappointed about the lack of "news" or surprises with this new tour, but I think this pic is fuckin' sad when you have been an admirer of the guy for years