March 13th, 2013 - Newcastle, Australia

izzyreed

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tonight was much better than Sydney. Better crowd, more energy from the guys, Axl moved around a lot. Was an awesome show.

He sang clean for the most part, only rasped it sparingly, but having said that.... it sounded quite powerful with a lot of control.

I shot some video on a different camera to what I'm used to, I'll upload it soon. Not as good as what mine shoots though, the audio peaks a bit.

The set was mostly the same except The Seeker was played a lot earlier. No real surprises other than that, some sweaty old lady behind me threw her bra on stage and then DJ and Tommy goofed around with it a bit. Then she pressed her bra-less chest up against me for most of the show... that was pretty uncomfortable. :lol:

The guys were all laughing and messing around a lot tonight... The crowd definitely propelled them along, they had a fair bit of energy right through to Paradise City. :)

How busy was the venue and did it appear that the general fans had a good time?
Packed. Just like Sydney, I heard nothing but good things from people after the show. It's so weird coming back on here and reading so much negative shit from people that weren't even there telling me how 'shit' Axl sounds... I heard more than one person say it was the best show they'd ever been to. :shrugs:

It wasn't the best I've seen Axl vocally but it was one of his best performances. You'd be surprised how much more that matters when you're there.

Short review here: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1363135/gallery-axl-fronts-and-delivers-with-non-stop-rock/?cs=12

I'm really, REALLY glad to see this post.

I was talking with the Admin of another GN'R board the other day about the negativity on GN'R boards and it's just amazing. Like you said; you go to the show, you have a great time, total strangers tell you they're impressed by GN'R and Axl, people respond well to CD songs they've never heard before... but then you come on these boards (mine included, so I'm not pointing any fingers) and it's all, or mostly, doom and gloom. It makes you second guess your own experience!

Wonder if the cane has to due with when he fell from dancing on the table. Even tho that happened a while back. But could be giving him a fit now.

If I were to meet him and he had the cane. I would say no cane in my pic pls lol

What is his shirt suppose to mean?That women are trash?

I thought tonight was much better than Sydney. Better crowd, more energy from the guys, Axl moved around a lot. Was an awesome show.

He sang clean for the most part, only rasped it sparingly, but having said that.... it sounded quite powerful with a lot of control.

I shot some video on a different camera to what I'm used to, I'll upload it soon. Not as good as what mine shoots though, the audio peaks a bit.

The set was mostly the same except The Seeker was played a lot earlier. No real surprises other than that, some sweaty old lady behind me threw her bra on stage and then DJ and Tommy goofed around with it a bit. Then she pressed her bra-less chest up against me for most of the show... that was pretty uncomfortable. :lol:

The guys were all laughing and messing around a lot tonight... The crowd definitely propelled them along, they had a fair bit of energy right through to Paradise City. :)

How busy was the venue and did it appear that the general fans had a good time?
Packed. Just like Sydney, I heard nothing but good things from people after the show. It's so weird coming back on here and reading so much negative shit from people that weren't even there telling me how 'shit' Axl sounds... I heard more than one person say it was the best show they'd ever been to. :shrugs:

It wasn't the best I've seen Axl vocally but it was one of his best performances. You'd be surprised how much more that matters when you're there.

Short review here: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1363135/gallery-axl-fronts-and-delivers-with-non-stop-rock/?cs=12

I'm really, REALLY glad to see this post.

I was talking with the Admin of another GN'R board the other day about the negativity on GN'R boards and it's just amazing. Like you said; you go to the show, you have a great time, total strangers tell you they're impressed by GN'R and Axl, people respond well to CD songs they've never heard before... but then you come on these boards (mine included, so I'm not pointing any fingers) and it's all, or mostly, doom and gloom. It makes you second guess your own experience!

Guess than fans (that are not in touring cities) wish new songs - a lot of us have seen the new band, sure it is awesome live. But now we believe in the band, some of us are dying to hear new music and what they are capable of. I think the majority of us love newGNR, it's not about old band etc., but we want more from them. Still nice to hear that people had a blast at GnR show though.

I heard rumors that ridiculous Australian curfews are to blame for the short setlists.

Not all the venues have curfews just 2 as far as I am aware, Sydney because of the trains and that is midnight anyway and the show was over way before that and the other Melbourne because the venue has a deal with the local residents and the curfew is 11pm but really 2 hours and 20 minutes is not a short set anyway!

It's so weird coming back on here and reading so much negative shit from people that weren't even there telling me how 'shit' Axl sounds...

Welcome to mygnr. :thumbsup:

What is it with all the moaning on here anyway, he sings clean and you whine, he rasps and gets put down for being out of breath, they start early and it's silly curfews, they start late and and then there's more complaining, they play a set and get abused for not playing a particular song, they throw the other songs in and it's not good enough as they left out a classic or 2, then no matter what the set list someone hates it as there were no new songs, seriously guys!

Edited by adamlacy

I heard the beginning of Jungle and thought, "OK, let's see where this goes."

I heard the first verse of Jungle and thought, "Oh no."

I listened to the rest and thought, "Hey, that's not half bad. A couple moments are even damn good."

Definitely the best so far, IMO.

The setlist must be missing a song, though. iftheworld said new music.

I heard rumors that ridiculous Australian curfews are to blame for the short setlists.

Not all the venues have curfews just 2 as far as I am aware, Sydney because of the trains and that is midnight anyway and the show was over way before that and the other Melbourne because the venue has a deal with the local residents and the curfew is 11pm but really 2 hours and 20 minutes is not a short set anyway!

>

It's so weird coming back on here and reading so much negative shit from people that weren't even there telling me how 'shit' Axl sounds...

Welcome to mygnr. :thumbsup:

What is it with all the moaning on here anyway, he sings clean and you whine, he rasps and gets put down for being out of breath, they start early and it's silly curfews, they start late and and then there's more complaining, they play a set and get abused for not playing a particular song, they throw the other songs in and it's not good enough as they left out a classic or 2, then no matter what the set list someone hates it as there were no new songs, seriously guys!

Love it Adam :rofl-lol: just love it.

Axl now as curly hair? Where the hell did he do the hair transplant from? :suspicious:

It was a solid setlist - some more vids would be nice though.

My hair has changed from straight to curly in the past. I didn't kow what the fuck happened, but it did... not outside the realm of possibility. I was also born with blond hair and now have brown, my cousin is the opposite.

I often thought in rio 2001 he had pressed his hair to get rid of curls.

Aah Jimbo, when you turn 51 you'll also be needing a cane by the sounds of it!!

I'll be honest here and say that Jungle was easily the best song vocally. He didn't maintain that level the whole show... But when he pushed it... MAN he sounded good!

Like I said before, he moved around a lot and you could tell he was putting everything into it. That was what made it such a great gig. Easily in my top 3 GNR shows ever.

Ron and Richard were also fantastic last night. Tommy looked like he was having more fun than usual too. They might be playing the same set every night but at no point did they look bored doing so.

Guest Gunns

Great fucking night with some great people to boot,

Axl was in a great mood and the whole band seemed to be really enjoying newcastle.

Axl talked throughout the show , cracked jokes and other stuff - loved it

ill post my full review later

Edited by Gunns

I heard the beginning of Jungle and thought, "OK, let's see where this goes."

I heard the first verse of Jungle and thought, "Oh no."

I listened to the rest and thought, "Hey, that's not half bad. A couple moments are even damn good."

Definitely the best so far, IMO.

The setlist must be missing a song, though. iftheworld said new music.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: