May 26th, 2013 - San Antonio, Texas: River City Rock Fest

Tyler Drama

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as the show was starting the guy next to us was telling the surrounding audience to be quiet .... Wait for it... It's Axl Rose...he is like a deer in headlights...get too loud and you'll scare him away! :)

In person he sounded powerful and energetic

Everyone was exhausted at the end of the 2.5 hr show

It was a great show! Festival is great exposure for the band. I got against rail right when gates opened and it was hell the whole entire day. People were crowd surfing non stop for the first 5 bands. People were pissing in cups and throwing them at guards and other audience members. Some kid got his neck hurt pretty bad and show stopped for 10 mins. Some girl got her front teeth knocked out. I much prefer gnr in a club / theater setting

except for 10 seconds, he sounds bad as usual, maybe the camera or youtube's fault....

:rofl-lol:Axl deluded fans are hilarious.
Yes, we are deluded since we aren't total pessimists towards every move Axl makes. makes sense. :thumbsup:

except for 10 seconds, he sounds bad as usual, maybe the camera or youtube's fault....

:rofl-lol:Axl deluded fans are hilarious.
Yes, we are deluded since we aren't total pessimists towards every move Axl makes. makes sense. :thumbsup:

It was a great show! Festival is great exposure for the band. I got against rail right when gates opened and it was hell the whole entire day. People were crowd surfing non stop for the first 5 bands. People were pissing in cups and throwing them at guards and other audience members. Some kid got his neck hurt pretty bad and show stopped for 10 mins. Some girl got her front teeth knocked out. I much prefer gnr in a club / theater setting

:lol:

Are you serious? That's some scary shit. However, from what I saw in the videos posted, crowd was dead by the time Axl's band performed. What can you say about this?

:rofl-lol:

Axl deluded fans are hilarious.

Why do youtube videos ONLY make Axl sound bad, but somehow other singers sound good in them?

And how does this work.

When Axl sounds bad on a youtube video, the Nutters will blame it on youtube. They'll say youtube doesn't give you an honest appraisel of how Axl sounded live.

But when Axl sounds good on youtube, the very same people will use that video to "prove" how great Axl sounds live?

Intro was 50/50 (as usual), first verse was good, second verse was weak but he sounded a little bit clearer with each line. Verse three and the next chorus was 90% mickey. 'Captain America' part sounded decent but the audio got kinda fucked at that part.... :shrugs: He was strong before the confetti canons and solo, finished weak. He sounded decent with his clean voice in Aus, it sounded a little deeper than usual, but now he's right back to where he was at this point last year.

Edit: The 'it's youtube' comments are obviously sarcastic by now Groghan............ aren't they?

Edited by RickRoses

:lol:

Are you serious? That's some scary shit. However, from what I saw in the videos posted, crowd was dead by the time Axl's band performed. What can you say about this?

Yeah crowd died down completely during guns thank god!

Wow that is nuts

I did see a lot of kids at the show

Plenty of GnR shirts all around festival more than any other band for the young and old

Saw one guy with a bloody leg lying down

Hope the festival returns next year for San Antonio

Doubt GNR will return tho

WTTJ is a bit of an improvement, I guess. It seems like it's the only song he's putting any effort into these days.

Listening to YCBM as I type. :no: Wait... he was almost a little OK for a sec during the "ridiculous demands" part. Still really bad as a whole.

From PC it sounds like Axl's endurance is certainly better than '11-'12, about on par with the last leg. It's a good sign overall, in the big picture.

Last leg was worse than '11-'12, dude... He sounded pretty bad!

'11-'12/UCAP he had no endurance with the exception of only a few shows, so not only with he Mickey, he was drowning Mickey.

Last leg he was in better shape and more focused - he was very deliberate, even broke out rasp towards the end. Songs that need higher Axl, like CITR, he sang beautifully.