May 26th, 2013 - San Antonio, Texas: River City Rock Fest

Tyler Drama

He took his hat off for the encore?!

Yes he did.

By the way, it was great to hear casual fans (some of them being casual at best) say how great the show was. Everyone around us was really into it and thought it was epic.

Edited by arm breaker

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2010 we saw songs being played in rotation such as If The World, Catcher, Scraped, ect, in addition to Sorry, Better, SOD, IRS, Shacklers being staples. But we didn't have Estranged or Civil War.

In 2011 we gained Estranged and Civil War, and lost Scraped, If The World, IRS, and Catcher.

In 2012, we gained Catcher.

In 2013, we've not gained any songs in the set list from either CD or the back catalog. Since 2012, we've seen the setlist lose staples such as Street of Dreams, Sorry, Madagascar and Shacklers. Not to mention Civil War being dropped and picked up like a smoking habit.

I had zero complaints with 2010. God damnit I just fucking miss Sorry!

I'm a big supporter of the current band and am stoked to see them in Kansas City but damn, I just don't get why so many great songs have been dropped. With Better being left out at Rocklahoma I'm afraid that it may be next.

No, Better is going to be a staple for the foreseeable future I'm sure. I've seen a gig without Better, and there was definitely a hole. It's never been dropped for more than a night here and there.

The one show I went to had no Better and no Shackler. But I got to see Out Ta Get Me. Yay?

Sorry BATMAN

Forgot to meet up with you

Great show IMO

Axl sounded great and had lots of energy

2.5 hr show starting at 10:15 and ending at 12:45 am

Crowd was fried an hour into show after a day long festival

Got to hear Better and Catcher - two songs not played in Dallas 2011

Did mention my Spurs

"How you doing? Your basketball team winning and shit" :)

Got some long distance pics and videos to post

Can I post directly from iphone?

Hell yes. GO SPURS. Wish I could have gone. Was this show outside the At&T center? Im just curious how that all worked with the spurs still being active

It was a really great, solid show. I went with a friend who wouldn't have had any problem leveling criticism at Axl or the band if he wasn't impressed, and he walked away with nothing but good things to say. The crowd was a bit tired but pretty much everyone stuck around for the full set. Axl had a great amount of energy, seemed to be taking a few less oxygen breaks, and he was definitely in a good mood. To people nitpicking about hats and setlists, knock yourselves out. Everyone who was actually there seemed to be loving it.

Other highlights of the festival were great performances by The Sword, Clutch, and Alice in Chains.

I had zero complaints with 2010. God damnit I just fucking miss Sorry!

I love Sorry, I was one of the seemingly few people on the boards who didn't think it was a total buzz-killer live, but man, watch the London '12 bootleg. If that's how that song is gonna be sung, I'm glad it's been dropped. Sorry needs to be angry and venemous. Clean Axl ain't venemous.

Awful vocals until the end where he sounded a little bit better.

Thank you for sharing the video.

Thought he sounded pretty decent tbh

Even without rasp he's still better than most other frontmen today so i don't see why everyone's moaning so much

Edited by OJones90

Sorry BATMAN

Forgot to meet up with you

Great show IMO

Axl sounded great and had lots of energy

2.5 hr show starting at 10:15 and ending at 12:45 am

Crowd was fried an hour into show after a day long festival

Got to hear Better and Catcher - two songs not played in Dallas 2011

Did mention my Spurs

"How you doing? Your basketball team winning and shit" :)

Got some long distance pics and videos to post

Can I post directly from iphone?

Thanks for the GNR update. Can't wait for the Dallas show. I hope GNR comes out around the same time. That's not too bad for us who have to get up early the next day.