May 26th, 2013 - San Antonio, Texas: River City Rock Fest

Tyler Drama

I had zero complaints with 2010. God damnit I just fucking miss Sorry!

I love Sorry, I was one of the seemingly few people on the boards who didn't think it was a total buzz-killer live, but man, watch the London '12 bootleg. If that's how that song is gonna be sung, I'm glad it's been dropped. Sorry needs to be angry and venemous. Clean Axl ain't venemous.

I thought Sorry and Street of Dreams were amazing live. I love those songs. Both times I've seen GNR, they rocked it. Can't wait for the show on Dallas at the HOB. This is going to be a really good show because this venue has awesome sound and you can see the stage from everywhere in the balcony.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sorry, I was one of the seemingly few people on the boards who didn't think it was a total buzz-killer live, but man, watch the London '12 bootleg. If that's how that song is gonna be sung, I'm glad it's been dropped. Sorry needs to be angry and venemous. Clean Axl ain't venemous.

I thought Sorry and Street of Dreams were amazing live. I love those songs. Both times I've seen GNR, they rocked it. Can't wait for the show on Dallas at the HOB. This is going to be a really good show because this venue has awesome sound and you can see the stage from everywhere in the balcony.

I love SOD live but I can understand the critisism for the placement of Sorry in the set. It takes the air out of the arena.

I thought Sorry and Street of Dreams were amazing live. I love those songs. Both times I've seen GNR, they rocked it. Can't wait for the show on Dallas at the HOB. This is going to be a really good show because this venue has awesome sound and you can see the stage from everywhere in the balcony.I love SOD live but I can understand the critisism for the placement of Sorry in the set. It takes the air out of the arena.I support them dropping Sorry. Of all the songs from Chinese Democracy, Sorry's the one song I think doesn't fit into a live setting (They should give Prostitute another try). And I also support switching Street Of Dreams for Catcher In The Rye. But not dropping Shackler' and Civil War. That was cruel.

I love SOD live but I can understand the critisism for the placement of Sorry in the set. It takes the air out of the arena.
I support them dropping Sorry. Of all the songs from Chinese Democracy, Sorry's the one song I think doesn't fit into a live setting (They should give Prostitute another try). And I also support switching Street Of Dreams for Catcher In The Rye. But not dropping Shackler' and Civil War. That was cruel.

Dropping Shackler's and Civil War is just heartbreaking, but I definitely disagree that Sorry doesn't translate live. I was a casual fan until I caught Guns in concert a few years ago, and became obsessed with the band the second they played Sorry. Been my favorite band ever since.

I support them dropping Sorry. Of all the songs from Chinese Democracy, Sorry's the one song I think doesn't fit into a live setting (They should give Prostitute another try). And I also support switching Street Of Dreams for Catcher In The Rye. But not dropping Shackler' and Civil War. That was cruel.

Sorry and SOD were amazing live. Even in 2011 Sorry was still decent. SOD needs a powerful clean voice, not the Mickey he squeeked through that song with...

SOD was sounding preeeeetty rough before they dropped it. Again, refer to London '12 bootleg. I'm so glad they replaced it with CITR.

Civil War should be an option on every set, and only played when Axl's having a good night, but he pretty much always does Shackler's right- it should be a staple.

I agree that they should give Prostitute another try. That, and bring back Madagascar (which should be swapped out with If The World on occasion, that song is a beast live)

Sorry and SOD were amazing live. Even in 2011 Sorry was still decent. SOD needs a powerful clean voice, not the Mickey he squeeked through that song with...

SOD was sounding preeeeetty rough before they dropped it. Again, refer to London '12 bootleg. I'm so glad they replaced it with CITR.

Civil War should be an option on every set, and only played when Axl's having a good night, but he pretty much always does Shackler's right- it should be a staple.

I agree that they should give Prostitute another try. That, and bring back Madagascar (which should be swapped out with If The World on occasion, that song is a beast live)

You really think he could rasp through ITW these days?

I think if he sung it in a similar style to the Shackler's chorus it'd be cool. Not quite a full on rasp, but not clean. I think if he actually rehearsed it 3-4 before playing it..... nevermind fuck it.

Edited by RickRoses

I think if he sung it in a similar style to the Shackler's chorus it'd be cool. Not quite a full on rasp, but not clean. I think if he actually rehearsed it 3-4 before playing it..... nevermind fuck it.

You mean the downright screaming?

Hints of rasp at the end?! Goddamnit, if you still have it in you, stop being a pussy and sing like Axl fucking Rose!!

He probably plans to tour for another 5 years and wants to preserve his voice.

So we're getting a water-down version of Axl? Nice.

Hints of rasp at the end?! Goddamnit, if you still have it in you, stop being a pussy and sing like Axl fucking Rose!!

He probably plans to tour for another 5 years and wants to preserve his voice.

So we're getting a water-down version of Axl? Nice.

Well, it's that or he won't be able to continue touring for another 5 years.

Some of my long distance photos and two short clips of WTTJ and SCOM

Late arrival for me and the mrs.

984253_4719911682778_1463758772_n.jpg

The VIP tix had their perks, like a getaway from the general audience, free drink, private seating for eating, and shade. Parking was just outside the gate too.

My wife much liked the option to running water restrooms inside the AT&T Center. Got to see the Spurs 4 championships (working on a 5th right now)

942542_4719915242867_124826450_n.jpg

Showtime!

579342_4719919402971_492188694_n.jpg

Paradise City big finale

294120_4719979884483_1730958219_n.jpg

The video and pics were taken from th "VIP" section of the audience. The idea was to have a guarantted spot for the VIP people if the place filled up. Never did when we were there, but nice to have a section only for VIPs. IN the end, kind of silly we stayed there without getting closer but after the stories and things I saw, I preferred to keep my distance to make sure my wife was OK.

If I was alone, I'd be getting crushed against the railing!!!

Edited by SALonghorn

Paradise City :) Raspy intro :)

Wait for it... Waaaait for it (pi2loc gonna trash it)

That was great though! His voice is powerful and raspy when needed!

Aaaaand, right on cue.

Seriously, that was fine. Not the best version I've heard, but solid. But, the audio quality was cutting in and out for me.

Ali

except for 10 seconds, he sounds bad as usual, maybe the camera or youtube's fault....

:rofl-lol:

Axl deluded fans are hilarious.

Yes, we are deluded since we aren't total pessimists towards every move Axl makes. makes sense. :thumbsup: Edited by GNRFan53

except for 10 seconds, he sounds bad as usual, maybe the camera or youtube's fault....

:rofl-lol:

Axl deluded fans are hilarious.

Yes, we are deluded since we aren't totally pessimistic towards every move Axl makes. makes sense. :thumbsup:

Pessimistic is not the same than being realistic. I've stated this before, this is a forum where I can express my opinion. If Axl sounds great I'll say it (just like I did throughout the 2010 Tour), if Axl sounds awful (like in this current mini Tour), I'll say it too. I will not worship Axl's every move like the Axl deluded fans team. Feel free to be included if you wish. :thumbsup:

One thing is certain, my opinion won't change, no matter how hard Axl deluded fans cry, moan or bitch.