Miss You

Gimme Shelter

Start Me Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

---

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Satisfaction

Man, these setlists are a major downer...just, absolutely zero creativity...

Picked up the SF Deluxe edition today. Can't remember what's been put online so far and what hasn't, so here's my brief little description of everything:

Basically, everything except live recordings was put online in the last couple of weeks... Stupid move?

Everyone does it nowadays. They do it because it's a way to try and increase awareness of a product since albums sales are in the toilet. At the same time though, I think it's one of the things that promotes poor album sales. The casual fans can listen to every track once online before the album is even released and just check it off their list of things to listen to - it's only hardcore fans that will pick something up despite the fact that they can hear it online right now.

When an artist does this, I generally listen to the first song they put up pre-release. After that I go on blackout mode until I have the disc in my hands. It's just more exciting to listen to something for the first time while reading the liner notes as opposed to listening to it on YouTube.

I think it would be better, if they would put out one song and/or 30sec clips of the rest of the songs. And then, a month after the (re)release, upload the rest of it on their youtube channel.

Dallas setlist (In progress):

Jumpin' Jack Flash

It's Only Rock N' Roll

Let's Spend The Night Together

Tumbling Dice

Doom & Gloom

Bitch

Moonlight Mile

Rocks Off

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler

Miss You

Gimme Shelter

Start Me Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

---

Satisfaction

Yeah I wish Mick would take more chances but it is just not something he is willing to do at this juncture. It may also have something to do with Keefs playing struggles that started become noticeable during the ABB tour.

JMO but Mick is very image conscious and maybe he wants to play it safe so to avoid criticism that the Stones are losing it?

While the setlist are very generic it sounds like the band is still putting on excellent shows and maybe Mick is afraid to take chances messing with that mojo at this point?

Dallas setlist (In progress):

Jumpin' Jack Flash

It's Only Rock N' Roll

Let's Spend The Night Together

Tumbling Dice

Doom & Gloom

Bitch

Moonlight Mile

Rocks Off

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler

Miss You

Gimme Shelter

Start Me Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

---

Satisfaction

Yeah I wish Mick would take more chances but it is just not something he is willing to do at this juncture. It may also have something to do with Keefs playing struggles that started become noticeable during the ABB tour.

JMO but Mick is very image conscious and maybe he wants to play it safe so to avoid criticism that the Stones are losing it?

While the setlist are very generic it sounds like the band is still putting on excellent shows and maybe Mick is afraid to take chances messing with that mojo at this point?

I think you're probably right, but it's disappointing that even compared to a year ago, the setlists are boring. At least in Asia/Europe last year it was still sort of anyone's guess what they'd play in those 5 or so slots. I mean, who would've predicted they'd play Silver Train or Street Of Love?

On a sidenote about the setlist though, I forgot to mention this after Columbus. I don't know if Paint It Black sort of got dropped as a warhorse because of L'Wren's death (That was about the time it stopped getting played at every show), but man, Mick just had this...ferocity on that one in Columbus. Very intense, very serious, but really fucking good. I think the song may have taken on a new meaning for him, and he really fucking delivered on that one in particular.

Anyhow, here's the Atlanta poster. This might be my favorite yet:

11391288_10153499981218287_3179652565639

Atlanta setlist:

1. Start Me Up

2. All Down The Line

3. Tumbling Dice

4. Doom & Gloom

5. Can't You Hear My Knockin'

6. You Gotta Move

7. Some Girls (song vote)

8. Honky Tonk Women

9. Before They Make Me Run

10. Happy

11. Midnight Rambler

12. Miss You

13. Gimme Shelter

14. Jumpin' Jack Flash

15. Sympathy For The Devil

16. Brown Sugar

---

17. You Can't Always Get What You Want

18. Satisfaction

Thank fuck, it's about time something changed, even if it's only what they open with. I'd rather have Start Me Up anyways.

EDIT: Already the best setlist of the tour IMO and we're only 5 songs in :lol:

EDIT 2: Holy fuckamole, is this the same band I saw a week and a half ago? Infinitely more excited for the rest of my gigs now.

I wish Mick could get it through his head - even making these minor changes makes the tour exponentially more exciting for everyone. The people catching multiple gigs are happy (Maybe I should say "content) even with 3 or 4 different songs per night, and it's not taking away any of the warhorses for the casual fans. Everybody wins in this scenario.

Also, this fan vote lends credence to the fact that the crowd doesn't decide the song - there's absolutely no fucking way Some Girls won over Street Fighting Man, or maybe even You Got Me Rocking if the fans get to decide.

I can't remember the last time I saw 'You Gotta Move' on the setlist.

Btw, I think they also played 'It's Only Rock n' Roll' (after 'Start Me Up'), so as usual, 19 songs in total.

Yeah, it somehow got left off of all the discussion on IORR until after the show ended.

For the record, barring the Sticky Fingers show in LA, this was the first time You Gotta Move has been played since 1976 ;)

Btw, I think they also played 'It's Only Rock n' Roll' (after 'Start Me Up'), so as usual, 19 songs in total.

Yeah, it somehow got left off of all the discussion on IORR until after the show ended.

For the record, barring the Sticky Fingers show in LA, this was the first time You Gotta Move has been played since 1976 ;)

It was never one of my favorite songs, but it was about time to change a setlist a little.

• Like 1

It was never one of my favorite songs, but it was about time to change a setlist a little.

My thoughts exactly. I certainly won't complain if I get to see it at one of my shows later in the tour.

Got my Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe box set from Amazon UK and for me at least it was worth the price for the live 1971 Roundhouse tracks and finally having a complete stereo version of the 1971 Leeds live show. Getting a copy of the Sticky Fingers album on CD was a bonus

The box set is very nice but would have preferred a plan fatboy jewel case with the 3 CD's and the complete Marquee show Bluray for half the price.

For the hardcore Stones fans here is your chance to own a piece of the ultimate Stones aaccesory...............certanly much cooler then Ashba Swag.. :lol:

https://garyrocks.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/keith-richards-famous-skull-ring-how-the-obsession-began/

http://www.courtsandhackett.com/new_ring.html

Edited by classicrawker

Went to last night's show. Incredible. It was so awesome and for the first 15 minutes or so, surreal feeling, to be seeing The Rolling Stones with my naked eyes. I had nosebleeds because money is tight, but so glad I went and I can now say I've seen them. Good performance. As with any Stones show, you always leave a little bit disappointed they didn't play something you wanted them to play, but I left very, very satisfied.

Thats absolutely why they should keep touring. You get jaded about it, but the bottom line is it still is an incredible show for first timers. Yes, I do think the setlists could be changed to better suit hardcores without compromising casual enjoyment, but for people that have never seen them the setlists are fine. I've only seen them twice, they were both within the last 10 years, and they were both among the best shows I've seen by anyone, especially this recent tour with the Mick Taylor guest appearance. They still absolutely deliver, and its good to see its working on newbies. Its a wasted tour for hardcores (this is basically the same tour for the last 3 years now, and getting shorter each year) but if its still blowing people away I have no problems with them continuing.

• Like 1