Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Can't wait for Detroit on Wednesday!

I think I mentioned this already but I'm going on Wednesday as well, but my day kinda sucks. I'm gonna get to the venue as soon as I can, but I have no clue when that will be. I also have no clue where our seats are seeing as a friend bought them. In any case, I'll do my best to meet up with you at some point.

Can't wait for Detroit on Wednesday!

I think I mentioned this already but I'm going on Wednesday as well, but my day kinda sucks. I'm gonna get to the venue as soon as I can, but I have no clue when that will be. I also have no clue where our seats are seeing as a friend bought them. In any case, I'll do my best to meet up with you at some point.

Awesome, hopefully we can work something out :)

Oh my god, how much are they?

Looks awesome!

And where is the song vote?

$50. If you wait and get it online, you can get a shirt/litho combo for $70 (Which saves $20).

Sometimes the song vote isn't up until a few hours before the show. Indy it went up about this time the night before the gig.

Oh my god, how much are they?

Looks awesome!

And where is the song vote?

$50. If you wait and get it online, you can get a shirt/litho combo for $70 (Which saves $20).

Sometimes the song vote isn't up until a few hours before the show. Indy it went up about this time the night before the gig.

I'll get one later

Song vote is-

Get Off My Cloud

When The Whip Comes Down

Rocks Off

Street Fighting Man

Hoping for Rocks Off but I'd love Street Fighting Man, too

Detroit:

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. It's Only Rock N Roll

3. All Down The Line

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Just My Imagination

6. Rocks Off (song vote)

7. Moonlight Mile

8. Bitch

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. Before They Make Me Run

11. Happy

12. Midnight Rambler

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Start Me Up

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Brown Sugar

---

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want

19. Satisfaction

Bummed I didn't meet Russ, but we will meet up soon! Contrary to popular belief, P5 is not a hooray for tolerance! and his mom was really nice too!

I know I call almost everything I like amazing, but that was seriously an amazing show. Some of you remember how much I freaked out about seeing them even once a few years ago. Well, now I've seen them twice and this delivered just as much as that amazing first show in 2013. I'm glad I've seen them in an arena and stadium, now. Two very different shows. The setlist was fantastic, I was thrilled to get All Down The Line AND Rocks Off, I've always lumped those two together for some reason. Moonlight Mile was also a highlight. Bitch, Just My Imag- ah fuck it, everything sounded top notch. Even the war horses are always a treat because not only do the hits rock, but the band really sounds fantastic on them. Midnight Rambler was a show stopper, and I feel guilty saying this version was on par if not better than the version I got with Mick Taylor in 2013. Ronnie was just so good tonight, I wasn't even that sad Taylor wasn't on this tour (but of course, it'd always be awesome to have him). Keith was also noticeably better and had some great licks and good phrasing. Charlie is always Charlie, and Mick still amazes me with how energetic he is at his age. Lisa also sounded better tonight than the last show. Bobby Keys was missed, but the new guy sounded fine.

I really enjoyed seeing them command a stadium, the stage was super cool, and my Lucky Dip seats were pretty good. They were 2nd row in the Upper Bowl, but I had a great view of everything. I also didn't hate the openers, Walk The Moon, but I also don't give a fuck who the openers are because as soon as the Stones hit the stage, you forget anyways. I also don't get why people bitch so much about the setlists. Yeah, they play the same 10-12 hits every show. But when you are the biggest band ever, playing those legendary songs is important. I wouldn't mind Miss You or Start Me Up occasionally being subbed, but I see why they are there. Plus, they all sound good. Aside from those, though, there are always 3-5 surprise slots where you don't know what you are getting. They include other hits, deep cuts, song votes, etc. I think they do a good job balancing everything. Of this show and my 2013 show, I got 6 songs tonight I didn't get at the last show. Not bad.

Highlights-

Jumping Jack Flash as an opener

Rocks Off and All Down The Line

Moonlight Mile

Midnight Rambler

Ronnie's guitar tone

Everything else

Cons-

They didn't play another two hours

• Like 2

Just got to our hotel in London. I'll post more of my thoughts tomorrow, but I thought it was a great show. Not as good as Indy, but better than Columbus. Setlist was MUCH better than either of those two. 3 songs I'd never seen before, and another I hadn't seen since 2005.

Awesome hanging out with Zoso and Russ - great guys :)

• Like 1

The stones laid it down in Naptown on the fourth. Incredible performances. So glad I got great vids. Awesome HD viewing screens. I should of plurged for the gold tickets. I will if there is to be a next time? Hard to believe these knuckleheads are seventy years old. It's like the affects of time and age have somehow side stepped these guys.

Next year is the big 100th running of the Indy 500...there's only two bands on the planet that are bigger than the Stones...?

• Like 1

Detroit was a lot of fun last night. I actually didn't think the band was as tight as Columbus or Indy, but they had a great sort of swagger going on. Y'know, that loose bluesy playing that epitomizes the Stones, and it sounded great.

Zoso hit the nail on the head that Ronnie was the MVP last night, but everyone was great. I have to say the setlist was excellent. I was especially happy to get Just My Imagination, which is one of my top 5 songs I've wanted to see live. I know it's a cover, but to me, it is one of the greatest covers of all time. I voted for Whip last night but I was still quite happy with Rocks Off - that one rips live. I love how much love the horns got last night, Tim and Karl were onstage for probably about half the show.

I agree that a lot of the warhorses sounded great last night - Miss You was the big surprise for me, I don't remember ever enjoying it as much as last night.

...Miss You was the big surprise for me, I don't remember ever enjoying it as much as last night.

I was going to mention that myself. That version of Miss You was on fire.

A person with the worst seats ever recorded some of it: