The Most and the Least Crowd in a GNR Concert You Attended?

ChristmasFnatic

Also, does it make a difference to your enjoyment(more crazy fans is more enjoyable, or maybe fewer the better)?

Do GNR play as hard/energetic if there are few people?

The most was at ANZ Stadium here in Sydney in 2010. The show was absolutely insane, Axl was on top form. The least was the Allphones Arena show this year. I'm not sure if the size of the crowd makes a difference to the performance, but in any case I've made my mind up that these shows aren't so energetic because of all the ballads. In Sydney we had 4 ballads in a row at one stage for fucks sake, I swear I could have gone to sleep. They need to really throw out so many ballads and either put rockers in their place, or cut down the length of the concert. I'd rather hear a one and a half hour all rockers show than a three hour show drowned out by ballads and unnecessary guitar solos that nobody gives a fuck about anyway.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

Most was prob Abu Dhabi 2010, good atmosphere.

Actually, it was most likely EXIT 2012. Great atmosphere, at least at the front where there were a load of hardcore fans singing along to all the songs (esp TIL). EXIT and Abu Dhabi were only outdoor ones I went to, pretty cool.

Least was L'Arc... :D Cool having a small crowd, but a bit annoying considering most of them probably only knew 2 or 3 GNR songs :/

UCAP Atlantic CIty show had good atmosphere, esp considering they came on at midnight.

Edited by Amir

ive only been to one, there were about 9000 people

i was also at 2 slash shows, one with about 1500 and one with about 3000, it's definitely better when there's less people

I think that's why they came up with the UCAP tour. What a treat that I missed :(

i was also at 2 slash shows, one with about 1500 and one with about 3000, it's definitely better when there's less people

I think you mean it's better with a more intimate venue.

I think you mean it's better with a more intimate venue.

It's easier to get up front. UCAP the first show was great. I was like three feet away behind the barrier at the front. Definitely more intimate than the arena shows I saw.

The most was Toronto 2006 where it was sold out, or at least very close to it. The ACC holds approximately 15 800 people with an end stage.

Least was Hamilton 2011, where there was an estimated 6500 tickets sold. Capacity is in line with the ACC. The entire top bowl was curtained off and the back sections of the lower bowl were noticeably empty.

Did the lesser crowd affect my enjoyment of the show? Nope, but part of me wishes they would have done it at a smaller venue. The atmosphere is a bit disappointing when you take in the amount of empty seats. A real shame because it was the best of the three shows I've seen. Toronto 2006 was the weakest show ironically.

Guns related - the first time I saw Slash was at the Phoenix in Toronto for his warm-up show last year. It only holds 1100 people. Then I saw him in London (Ontario) in the summer where there was an estimated 9000 tickets sold for his headlining day of the festival.

There were close to 50,000 on São Paulo on 2010 and the double, 100,000 on Rio on 2011. For me, the bigger the crowd, the better. The energy is better, and I feel artists love to play to big crowds. Rock in Rio 3, which had around 250,000 people (biggest audience Guns N' Roses has ever played) is for me the ultimate proof that the bigger the crowd is, better the concert.

Edited by ManetsBR

Also, does it make a difference to your enjoyment(more crazy fans is more enjoyable, or maybe fewer the better)?

Most was Toronto 20K... least at an arena was Jacksonville, FL 2006... only about 400 floor tix were sold and about 2K in the seats. Tickets were given away day of show so that increased the attendance some-what. Close 2nd would probably be Grenville, SC in 2011 I would say about 5 to 6 K were at that show. The attendance of the Jacksonville show I would say definitely effected the show, we didnt get an encore... they just went straight info PC... The Greenville show seemed great to me and Axl was in a great mood. A cool fact both Greenville and Jacksonville were on Halloween

Most was Toronto 20K... least at an arena was Jacksonville, FL 2006... only about 400 floor tix were sold and about 2K in the seats. Tickets were given away day of show so that increased the attendance some-what. Close 2nd would probably be Grenville, SC in 2011 I would say about 5 to 6 K were at that show. The attendance of the Jacksonville show I would say definitely effected the show, we didnt get an encore... they just went straight info PC... The Greenville show seemed great to me and Axl was in a great mood. A cool fact both Greenville and Jacksonville were on Halloween

Wow, would suck to other people who paid for the tickets. lol. And how weird was it when floor seats wasnt full?

Wow, would suck to other people who paid for the tickets. lol. And how weird was it when floor seats wasnt full?

Yeah it did suck I bought four tickets so I was a little ticked but would rather the promoter give tickets away and have a show than not have the show. That's was the first time I saw GnR. Floor was pretty empty so it was easy to be very close could feel the heat from the pyro. The show was good and all the people I went w/ loved it but it was odd the place being so empty. When Axl threw his mic he threw to the side seats instead of the floor.

The Sydney show at ANZ was a massive crowd, at the time i couldn't gauge how full it was exactly since was i right at the front in the center a row behind the barrier but then the next day i saw photos from i think it was Tripple M and you could see the whole crowd and it was fucking crazy.

Most Rock N Rio 3 Jan 2001 270.000 people least Madame Wong's East 7/4/85 10 people

Marc wins.

Biggest crowd for me is maybe about 10,000, smallest is whatever The Ritz holds, I think around 1,000? The largest should go up quite a bit after Governor's Ball though.