Is Izzy Still Friends or In Contact With Other AFD Members?

ChristmasFnatic

He performed a few years back with Velvet Revolver, and was at the afd 25 year party with the whole gang including Gilby and Matt so I think he's in touch or at least something,

he has been of the grid for a long time though doing his thing. respect it. just as I respect his way to not do the rnrhof.

I kind of remember during the Hall Of Fame drama Matt said Slash texted him saying that Izzy had texted him to tell him that he wasnt going to the ceremony. So he's still in touch with Slash. Not to mention he played on Slash's first solo record.

He's also in touch with Duff cause Duff adds some bass to Izzy's solo albums here and there and they even discussed the possibility of doing a South American tour together but it didn't happen.

and Steven said back in 2007 that he approached Izzy about trying to put together a reunion so I'm guessing they're still in touch too

Question asked to Slash lately rock4

4/ When have you seen Izzy Stradlin' for the last time ?
Last time I saw Izzy I think was when he came & played on "Ghost". Ive been on the road since then. We text every so often though.

Source: http://slash.gnrfrance.net/presse-interviews-slash/entretiens-slash-par-slash-france-english-2013-03-29-65.htm

Edited by Slash2baz

He was at the afd 25 year party with the whole gang including Gilby and Matt

wait a minute I just realized something, how could he have been at that party in LA if that same day he was in the UK doing a surprise club gig with Axl? Was the party on a different day than the actual anniversary?

The gig Izzy Stradlin played with Adler's Appetite and Duff was the 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. It was at the Key Club 28th July 2007. According to Adler's autobiography, the reason Slash wasn't on stage was because he was angling for a reunion with Axl (plausible as this was only one year after the famous drunk encounter at Axl's house). But Slash was in the crowd as were Gilby and Matt. There is some good footage of it on youtube.

The gig Izzy Stradlin played with newgnr was the 25th anniversary of Appetite, 21 July 2012 at a party in France.

He was at the afd 25 year party with the whole gang including Gilby and Matt

wait a minute I just realized something, how could he have been at that party in LA if that same day he was in the UK doing a surprise club gig with Axl? Was the party on a different day than the actual anniversary?

He was at the 20th anniversary (2007).

• 2 weeks later...

Also Gilby, did he leave on good terms with Axl? He seemed nice & is still busy in the music industry.

Gilby was the first "old Gunner" Axl talked to after the original band died in 1997. Axl played with Gilby (who was in the house band) at some club in L.A. Whether or not they have talked since then I have no idea.