Silkworms Music Video - Fanmade

Guest Gunns

I think you will all change your opinion when you hear Silkworms! I think it's going to be a fan favorite.

Be aware that some of the things on the song were replaced/changed/deleted.

Let's wait for the song to come out and then we'll give our opinions on it.

Please stop posting your opinions in such a way as to portray them and misguide fans into thinking they are a matter of fact.

remix OMG pls :)

Oh My God is hard to remix, mainly because the sound quality of the studio version is so compressed and so mono.

If he was able to actually mix the studio track with the live version with Axl's studio vocals, now that would be another thing! :tongue2:

Actually, the flac file has great quality.

I think you will all change your opinion when you hear Silkworms! I think it's going to be a fan favorite.

Please stop posting your opinions in such a way as to portray them and misguide fans into thinking they are a matter of fact.

He's an insider wannabe. Just ignore him. He tries so hard to be MSL.

Thanks Estranged Reality. I finally figured out a decent sounding string of notes for the chorus and recorded it myself, then built Axl's vocal syllable by syllable to match it using isolated words/syllables from Better and Chinese. Almost all of his notes had to be re-tuned, and then I created a little harmony on it with another layer. It was the biggest pain in the ass thing I've ever done in mixing, so the kind words here have meant alot to me.

i actually really love what you did to axl's voice in the chorus, evader. i'm not sure how you achieved that effect, but it sounds a million times better than the live rendition. it actually makes me sort of like the song a lot more than i ever did. :lol:

I already liked the chorus but now it's even better! Great job indeed!

i actually really love what you did to axl's voice in the chorus, evader. i'm not sure how you achieved that effect, but it sounds a million times better than the live rendition. it actually makes me sort of like the song a lot more than i ever did. :lol:

X2

What way?

I'm just saying i'm pretty sure everyone will like the song when it comes out.

It was the same with IRS, everyone seemed to dislike it, but when the album came out everyone liked the final version. Where did you feel misguided there?

What way?

It was the same with IRS, everyone seemed to dislike it, but when the album came out everyone liked the final version. Where did you feel misguided there?

because you're trying to insinuate that you have the song, or have heard it. Fuck off.

I never liked the song when I first heard it but after repeated listenings i am starting to dig it.

It's just a big departure from original GnR music and that's what freaks me out a bit. But I love OMG and I see this track in the same way. Very much the Dizzy, Bucket & Chris song.

If Axl releases it on a new record I hope he keeps the music on the CD consistent. I just don't think you can put stuff like Silkworms on an album that may have more traditional Hard Rock songs on it too. Either have a new album of hard rock songs from the current line-up, or release the old industrial trippy shit from the Buckethead days by itself on a separate album.

Just my two cents. Anyone agree?

Would be nice to get a band made video...........for any song.

I used to think that too, but with so many fans making decent videos, maybe management feels they are getting all the promo they need? They'd be wrong of course by thinking that, but it is a possibility.

There must be some complications to making and uploading an official video. Otherwise, why wouldn't the band just give someone like Slasherr $1000 and some pro-shot footage and tell him to have fun with it? And why not - he already does the work for free, and going this route, they they could just upload it themselves when he is done and it would be "official". They could have 14 freaking top-notch videos by now for CD, and it would have cost next to nothing. And if they were "official", they would have 10 million views each as opposed to the 1000 views Slasher may get on Vimeo, increasing the band's exposure by who knows how much.

Of course, I honestly have no clue what I'm talking about.

Would be nice to get a band made video...........for any song.

I used to think that too, but with so many fans making decent videos, maybe management feels they are getting all the promo they need? They'd be wrong of course by thinking that, but it is a possibility.

There must be some complications to making and uploading an official video. Otherwise, why wouldn't the band just give someone like Slasherr $1000 and some pro-shot footage and tell him to have fun with it? And why not - he already does the work for free, and going this route, they they could just upload it themselves when he is done and it would be "official". They could have 14 freaking top-notch videos by now for CD, and it would have cost next to nothing. And if they were "official", they would have 10 million views each as opposed to the 1000 views Slasher may get on Vimeo, increasing the band's exposure by who knows how much.

Of course, I honestly have no clue what I'm talking about.

You're talking about Axl paying fans thousands of dollars to make official music videos from every song on Chinese Demoracy

What way?

because you're trying to insinuate that you have the song, or have heard it. Fuck off.

What? When did i say that in my post? You guys are fucking paranoid...

"I think you will all change your opinion when you hear Silkworms! I think it's going to be a fan favorite.

Let's wait for the song to come out and then we'll give our opinions on it."

That was my post... where does it say i have the song, or where am i even insinuating that i have the song?! Get off your fucking computer and go smell the sunshine... sounds like you didn't leave the house for a year now...

I heard what you all heard, and that's Evader's remix. That's it.

Edited by AndreCC

wow, this sounds really good. I can tell you put in a lot of work. Thanks for a new GNR track!

Any chance you can upload a flac or wav file? Would love to burn this on a cd.

Awesome video. I was also wondering how i can get this version downloaded to put on my ipod ?

I'm a bit retarded when it comes to computers :(

wow, this sounds really good. I can tell you put in a lot of work. Thanks for a new GNR track!

Any chance you can upload a flac or wav file? Would love to burn this on a cd.

Awesome video. I was also wondering how i can get this version downloaded to put on my ipod ?

I'm a bit retarded when it comes to computers :(

Abbreviated Intro (like the video):

mp3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eir252

wav:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5w9xex

Long Intro Version:

mp3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q0k1y2

wav:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aajhw7

If you need help with downloading or anything, just send me a private message.

Edited by evader