Silkworms Music Video - Fanmade

Guest Gunns

• 4 months later...

And where exactly did he get this track? Did he just add his own sounds or what?

Thanks Estranged Reality. I finally figured out a decent sounding string of notes for the chorus and recorded it myself, then built Axl's vocal syllable by syllable to match it using isolated words/syllables from Better and Chinese. Almost all of his notes had to be re-tuned, and then I created a little harmony on it with another layer. It was the biggest pain in the ass thing I've ever done in mixing, so the kind words here have meant alot to me.

Holy shit

GnR should hire this guy. His work is more impressive than the supposed Better video.

Then again, they'd have to release things first and I've been told by Team Brazil that I'm a jerk for having such unrealistically high expectations.

Silkworms still sucks balls. But Evader is so good he makes it bareable.

Edited by username

Not sure why people want to burden Evader with such a terrible fate. To get hired by GNR would mean getting locked into a studio for 2-3 years to work on a bunch of stuff that the band will never deem to be good enough, and will never get released. Eventually after he escapes the studio through a series of ventilation shafts, he would then have to sue the band in order to get paid.

Thanks Estranged Reality. I finally figured out a decent sounding string of notes for the chorus and recorded it myself, then built Axl's vocal syllable by syllable to match it using isolated words/syllables from Better and Chinese. Almost all of his notes had to be re-tuned, and then I created a little harmony on it with another layer. It was the biggest pain in the ass thing I've ever done in mixing, so the kind words here have meant alot to me.

Holy shit

Indeed!

Has the video been removed for any reason? I hit the play button and it says "This video does not exist".

Sorry, YouTube and I have some compatibility issues, so I've uploaded it to Vimeo:

Thanks man. That was great!!!