The official "Fortus needs to be promoted" thread

The Glow Inc.

Can't wait to see what he comes up with. He's so capable and deserves to shine. It's cool how he explains all the influences in his playing on the how-to-play-KOHD youtube video, where he explains that it sounded Hendrix, but then Hendrix sounded like Curtis Mayfield... but for a moment though I thought, "but what about the Richard Fortus influence?". Obviously it is there but he would be too humble to discuss it. Can't wait till there is more of a "Fortus Stamp" on things.

Good topic. 4tus is by far the best guy for the "lead" role. Ashba is better as a rhythm player/mascot. Ron is better as a kind of secondary/auxiliary player, kinda like the bongos are secondary to drums.

4tus on the other hand has a killer tone, blues chops all over the place, and the rock n roll spirit runs through his veins.

Only problem is, he lacks the ability to bring it all together into something meaningful. His sounds dont form a narrative that pull our heartstrings and stimulates the mind the way BH/Slash's do. He's like Steve Stevens but Steve has also has that excellent taste which allowed him to come up with timeless riffs like White Wedding and so forth. 4tus lacks those concrete ideas.

All things considered, I concur he's the best guy to showcase. What we need, however, is a young upstart to come into Axl's life and blow him away so that he'll put all his lofty ideas aside and just wanna make MUSIC. I'm gonna pray about it.

I've always liked Fortus, but I'm not really sure he's lead guitarist type. I don't know how to say this without sounding insulting (and this isn't necessarily meant to be a negative comment), but he seems like a good session rhythm guitarist. I'm not convinced he entirely has his own sound and we don't have much evidence unfortunately that he's a strong songwriter like Izzy was, but he seems entirely capable of handling the rhythm sections he's given. I used to be a big champion of him and said he should take over when Robin left, but I think he's probably better left handling rhythm since it plays a big part of GN'R's sound.

He's the guitarist GnR needs. He's got it all. He's a perfect fit... Love the guy. Can't imagine what an Fortus/Rose song would sound like but it would be epic.

Lmao......that's the problem w nuGNR, you can't imagine what a fortus/rose song would sound like, yet he's been in the band for how many years??!! That's the funniest thing I've heard - yet perfectly illustrates the problem with axl and his band of merrymen