Where Would You Rank GNR Drummers(Adler, Sorum, Ferrerr) To The Likes Of

ChristmasFnatic

Brain was the best drummer in GNR if you don't count Freese. Sorum was good technically but lacked feel, vice versa for Adler and Frank. None of them rank as 'great' though (again, if you don't count Josh Freese, I'd say he's considered great). Brain is my favorite drummer, so I consider him great, better than some of the examples you mentioned, but doesn't rank with Bonham.

IMO Brain is probably the best out of all the drummers associated with GN'R (granted I haven't heard much of Josh's work). Adler, though not technically brilliant had a great feel which suited the early material. Even to this day when you see live videos of him playing he still has that swing and looseness to his playing. Sorum whilst solid and technically competent, just sounds a bit robotic and mechanical at times. That said I do like his playing on the Neurotic Outsiders record. If Brain had played in a more well known band (as great as Primus were, they were a little bit niche in terms of the mainstream) then I think he'd be much more recognised in the rock world. He can of course dothe big rock stuff but he has such subtleties and "ghost notes" that makes his playing so tasty.

In terms of skill, Freese and Brain are pretty accomplished.

I appreciate Bonham even if I don't care for him. Joey Kramer is nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't put anyone mentioned in this thread in a league with the likes of Neil Peart, Dave Lombardo, Keith Moon, etc.

In order from best to worst:

Brain

Josh Freese

Matt Sorum

Steve Adler

Frank Ferrer

Umm no. Adler blows. Literally. Frank is way better and just as good as Sorum. Freese shouldn't count. Brain is the best though.

Only true greats from that list are Bonham and Brain imo. The rest are good/decent. Not in the same level.

Kramer was better than drum Machine Brain....

Btw Bonham owned all of them...

Brain is far from sounding like a drum machine imo, just like Kramer is far from being better then Brain. He's a good drummer and all, but he's limited to the specific thing he can do compared to what Brain is capable of doing, which is basically whatever the fuck he feels like playing.

Bonham was one of a kind. I think Keith Moon is another example of someone who just did his own unique thing.

Why do people hates the current GNR member?

Some say they hates axl's voice

Some doesnt like DJ

Some say bumble ruins songs

Some say fortus were lying

Some say dizzy is the worst thing GNR ever had

Some say team brazil are bad

And now some say frank is the worst GNR drummer

No offense of course