Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Um, his music? Rapping/vocals aside, he's one of the best producers of this generation. If you don't like him or his music, ok, but don't slag off his talents just because you think he's an asshole.

Can you give me some specific examples of his great rapping/vacals or even his producer abilites?

I'M not slaggin off his talents, because he is an asshole

His rapping is actually above average for hip hop producers, who are notoriously shite at it, with a few glaring exception. His production is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING terrible, bassless, tinny new age made for earphones bullshit and a bunch of ill appropriated ideas that someone else originated. The fact that we are living in the era of the worst beats and tunes of hip hop and Kanye is the biggest hip hop producer of the day says all that needs to be said.

And as for his personality, he's a cock. Absolutely delusion over-emotional bitch. His tone of his voice when he gets heated is so hilairious, it's like being admonished by RuPaul and honestly? Nothing would please me more than to see him get the fuckin' shit beaten out of him. With his skirt on.

• Like 2

so the media and the critics hyped him and that's all

yup, enough said

(I don't like him but everyone else in the world who gets paid to listen to and measure the merit of music does. I'm going to continue thinking he's talentless for literally no reason)

Man why even ask for some justification for his talent if you're gonna be cynical and dismissive anyways, to me a band can luck out on critical acclaim, album sales, or awards, and MAYBE not be deserving of that aspect. But I don't see a lot of artists who have ALL THREE and still can be written off as talentless.

But hey man, you wanna be a closed minded dipshit because a black man sang a little bit of your daddy's favorite song at a festival? Be my guest.

I'm not closed minded and i'M not a dipshit, because i don't like your fav artist. Btw the color of his skin got nothin to do with my comment, so don't twist things

Not everyone, who don't like Kanye West is closed minded... This is getting more hilarious

Btw Lady Gaga and Rihanna and other shitfaced acts won several awards and get praised by critics, but keep following the masses, one billion flies couldn't be wrong eh? :lol:

Btw my dad never really liked Bohemian Rhapsody and since he is dead i would appreciate if you leave him out from this conversation...

anyway i even like Black Skinhead so i don't hate him completely

yup, enough said

(I don't like him but everyone else in the world who gets paid to listen to and measure the merit of music does. I'm going to continue thinking he's talentless for literally no reason)

Man why even ask for some justification for his talent if you're gonna be cynical and dismissive anyways, to me a band can luck out on critical acclaim, album sales, or awards, and MAYBE not be deserving of that aspect. But I don't see a lot of artists who have ALL THREE and still can be written off as talentless.

But hey man, you wanna be a closed minded dipshit because a black man sang a little bit of your daddy's favorite song at a festival? Be my guest.

don't respond to crash diet, he exists to have shit opinions

and you existst to worship millionaire superstars with mostly mediocre musical talent

Edited by Strange Broue

yup, enough said

Or maybe he just feels differently about an artist than you do? Because people don't agree with you about how much talent somebody has that means they are close minded dipshits?

How does that work in the opposite situation? If Crash Diet loves a band that you despise and think are talentless would that make you a close minded dipshit as well?

yup, enough said

Or maybe he just feels differently about an artist than you do? Because people don't agree with you about how much talent somebody has that means they are close minded dipshits?

How does that work in the opposite situation? If Crash Diet loves a band that you despise and think are talentless would that make you a close minded dipshit as well?

If Crash Diet loved a band that has received major critical acclaim, sold very well, and won major awards, and Dan was running around calling them talentless and calling their fans a bunch of media hype sheep, yes, I would consider him a dipshit.

You don't have to like him, but to write him off as talentless because he doesn't excel in traditional rock musician elements (singing, playing rock instruments) is dipshittery personified.

inb4 you respond with a band that doesn't fit the criteria and act like you've proven a big point

Edited by bacardimayne

yup, enough said

If Crash Diet loved a band that has received major critical acclaim, sold very well, and won major awards, and Dan was running around calling them talentless and calling their fans a bunch of media hype sheep, yes, I would consider him a dipshit.

You don't have to like him, but to write him off as talentless because he doesn't excel in traditional rock musician elements (singing, playing rock instruments) is dipshittery personified.

inb4 you respond with a band that doesn't fit the criteria and act like you've proven a big point

Nickelback?

Green Day?

One Direction?

yup, enough said

Nickelback?

Green Day?

One Direction?

Major critical acclaim.

I'll never understand why some of you lot start to mensturate when someone criticises your favourite little pop star :lol: i mean its a public forum asking a question about polarising figures, what do you expect but opinions? Maybe you should make them like 'The Kanye Fan Thread, no contrary opinions allowed', i'll just never understand this suddenly starting to trip cuz someone dare criticise your unassailable hero, fuck me if i threw a bitch fit everytime someone said they didnt like the Sex Pistols or Sid Vicious was a cunt I'd've died of whining by now.

Criticism is valuable folks, without it these forums arent worth the bother. I'll have my compartment and you have your compartment and we'll all talk about what we like and leave it there, how fuckin' beige is that? :lol:

You do know that by buying someones album you haven't purchased a relationship with them right? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Honestly, no one started "menstruating" until after he continued to be cynical after asking for examples about Kanye. I really don't care if someone dislikes Kanye or anyone else I like, but don't start shit talking them, then ask fans why we like him or why he's talented, then remain cynical after your given the examples you asked for. If I asked for examples of something, I'm possibly looking to change my mind and maybe actually talk about something. That's not what happened here.

yup, enough said

Nickelback?

Green Day?

One Direction?

Green Day got plenty of critical acclaim.

It's funny to watch how offended and angry people get when others don't share the same affinity for bands and artists they love.

Instead of having an adult discussion/debate about it they have to whine and cry and call people names. Funny to watch. Especially when it's posters well known for insulting other artists and genres of music.

It is funny to watch!!!

I'll never understand why some of you lot start to mensturate when someone criticises your favourite little pop star :lol: i mean its a public forum asking a question about polarising figures, what do you expect but opinions? Maybe you should make them like 'The Kanye Fan Thread, no contrary opinions allowed', i'll just never understand this suddenly starting to trip cuz someone dare criticise your unassailable hero, fuck me if i threw a bitch fit everytime someone said they didnt like the Sex Pistols or Sid Vicious was a cunt I'd've died of whining by now.

Criticism is valuable folks, without it these forums arent worth the bother. I'll have my compartment and you have your compartment and we'll all talk about what we like and leave it there, how fuckin' beige is that? :lol:

You do know that by buying someones album you haven't purchased a relationship with them right? :lol:

Great post Len. Well said.

Especially considering some of the ones crying are known for going into other topics JUST to bash the artist or genre of music. But then they cry and moan if somebody doesn't like their favorite artists.

• Like 1

I just explained it's not just the fact of not liking the artist but ok

Dan TRIED to have an "adult debate" but I don't see anyone pointing out the fact that the poster that came in here and "riled everyone up" didn't have that type of discussion :lol:

Well it was crash diet so you should have expected that!!!

But don't you see the hypocritical aspect of guys like Dan and Bacardi? Look at dans pearl jam topic. And Bacardi has made hundred posts bashing other bands and genres that he doesn't like.

That was more where my comments lived.

"If you don't like my favorite artist it's because you are close minded and a dipshit. Oh, you like band x? Well I hate that band because they suck and have no talent. Your music sucks and you don't know what good music is."

I get your point BS.

I just see a lot of hypocritical posting from a few other people in here.

And if you point it out to them, the usually response is "that's because your favorite band actually does suck. And my favorite band is awesome. So my insults aren't insults, I'm just speaking the truth." Because deep down they really do feel like their musical taste is superior to everybody who disagrees with them.

Personally I think anybody who makes it big has to have some talent. And if they can find an audience - more power to them.

I don't understand the Kayne obsession. I've liked a couple if his songs. But the recent stuff has just been dreadful and childish (to me). He seems to be a fake thug and a huge prima Donna. Keeping his face covered during a concert, marrying a Kardashian, and maybe being the most arrogant human alive......I just don't find anything compelling or interesting about the guy or his music.

I liked a couple of his pop songs like gold digger and stronger. But his rap type songs - "hooray for tolerance!, I will f$ck a ho and kick her boyfriend's ass, hooray for tolerance!, cud I got the most money and biggest mansion, hooray for tolerance!." It doesn't do anything for me.

But talent?

Of course he is talented. Otherwise he wouldn't be as huge as he is. Even if his talent is just putting out a sound/message that millions of youth are connecting with.

Just like millions of kids love One direction.illions of kids use to love Green Day and Nickleback.

At the end of the day it's just music

Love and hate who you want. And who cares if complete strangers on the internet have different musical tastes.

yup, enough said

give me a post where i claim those reasons as why am i dislike Kanye

If you are not came up with some proof, i will report every post you make about me in this thread

"Talentless waste of space. Give me examples of why he's not."

'*Examples*'

"Yeah well he's still a talentless waste of space and shit. You're not changing my mind."

That's pretty much what happened in the last couple pages. Why do people even bother

Gee, i wonder how are you became a moderator here

Honestly, no one started "menstruating" until after he continued to be cynical after asking for examples about Kanye. I really don't care if someone dislikes Kanye or anyone else I like, but don't start shit talking them, then ask fans why we like him or why he's talented, then remain cynical after your given the examples you asked for. If I asked for examples of something, I'm possibly looking to change my mind and maybe actually talk about something. That's not what happened here.

because aside from Black Skinhead i see ZERO talent in him

Len said everything so /thread for me, i'm not risking a ban, because i insult your precious little pop star and you are not capable to act like a neutral person and let the personal insults continue (or even encourage posters to insult me)

It's funny to watch how offended and angry people get when others don't share the same affinity for bands and artists they love.

Instead of having an adult discussion/debate about it they have to whine and cry and call people names. Funny to watch. Especially when it's posters well known for insulting other artists and genres of music.

It is funny to watch!!!

Great post Len. Well said.

Especially considering some of the ones crying are known for going into other topics JUST to bash the artist or genre of music. But then they cry and moan if somebody doesn't like their favorite artists.

Sir, you have officially get off my ignore list because of this post, thanks

I just explained it's not just the fact of not liking the artist but ok

Dan TRIED to have an "adult debate" but I don't see anyone pointing out the fact that the poster that came in here and "riled everyone up" didn't have that type of discussion :lol:

adult debate?

I'm not the one who called other posters "dipshit" in this thread

i ask a question and stated my opinion (based on my own feelings, experciences) with this artist

Do something with your fanboy butthurt pls

Edited by Strange Broue

Dan and I both posted things, without and insults (after you had already bashed am artist, but that's OK), to which you replied

"so the media and the critics hyped him and that's all

yup, enough said"

So you can't say we didn't try. Then you continued with the "you won't change my mind" attitude (after asking for examples, seeming like you maybe wanted to actually discuss something, but we see where you went with that). So after the cynical attitude you got called a dipshit.

If you don't like anything from him other than the song you noted then say that. Why even start mouthing off about how he's talentless then ask for examples as to why he's not, then continue to be cynical afterwards anyway?

There's no fan boy butthurt. We both posted fine after you trashed kanye and asked for examples, then you basically ignored it and had nothing of value to input. Bacardi just came into the show late and realized what was going on, so why would he try to reason with you at that point? :lol:

I couldn't care less if you like him or not, but don't play the victim card when you started shit :lol:

• Like 1

Dan and I both posted things, without and insults (after you had already bashed am artist, but that's OK), to which you replied

"so the media and the critics hyped him and that's all

yup, enough said"

So you can't say we didn't try. Then you continued with the "you won't change my mind" attitude (after asking for examples, seeming like you maybe wanted to actually discuss something, but we see where you went with that). So after the cynical attitude you got called a dipshit.

If you don't like anything from him other than the song you noted then say that. Why even start mouthing off about how he's talentless then ask for examples as to why he's not, then continue to be cynical afterwards anyway?

There's no fan boy butthurt. We both posted fine after you trashed kanye and asked for examples, then you basically ignored it and had nothing of value to input. Bacardi just came into the show late and realized what was going on, so why would he try to reason with you at that point? :lol:

I couldn't care less if you like him or not, but don't play the victim card when you started shit :lol:

That's a blatant lie

So if somebody doesn't share your personal opinion on something, then the personal insult are ok, i guess

you are a terrible moderator

Really, /thread for me, from now on

Edited by Strange Broue

Um, his music? Rapping/vocals aside, he's one of the best producers of this generation. If you don't like him or his music, ok, but don't slag off his talents just because you think he's an asshole.

You talk about personal insults, but what do you expect when you already start bashing the artist and calling him things like a "waste of space". :lol:

People don't like kanye for his singing either so don't judge him on it. :shrugs:

I mean, Graduation, Late Registration, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and College Drop Out are four of the most critically acclaimed rap albums in the past 15 years.

He also kinda produced The Blueprint. I hear people tend to think that album is pretty good too.

Also

"West is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 21 million albums and 100 million digital downloads.[1] He has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all-time and the most Grammy-awarded artist of his age.[2] Time named West one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005, 2011 and 2015. He has also been included in a number of Forbes annual lists.[3] Three of his albums rank on Rolling Stone's 2012 "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list; two of his albums feature at #8 and #1 in Pitchfork Media's The 100 Best Albums of 20102014.[4]"

I don't see any insults in the first replies. You only got called a name after your cynical attitude and failure to input anything of value after YOU asked US for examples. Just saying.

Again, not about the opinion at all.