Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

I don't know. Sounds like something that could have fit right in on Yeezus, which is a sound I'm kind of over.

Which is quite telling in and of itself.

Yeah. I don't think Yeezus is a great album. I think it's an interesting album, and I think Blood on the Leaves is an all time track, but the album as a whole isn't all that special. I'm actually not one of these everything Kanye touches is gold types, as much as I do like him. I think College Dropout and and MBDTF are great albums. Everything else is hit and miss.

• Like 1

I dig it, but I'm with Forsaken, gonna have to hear the studio version to make any kind of sincere judgement.

I've only listened to the live version three times, but I don't feel as stoked about it as some of you guys.

It's definitely the best out of the last few songs we've heard though

I am saddened that there is 37 pages on Kanye West on a GnR based board. Even if the input would be for laughs, it is still too much attention for this utterly over-rated shite.

This is "My World". The section dedicated to other artists and different types of music. Believe it or not, people can like different types of music and not be subjected to just one. :)

• Like 1

I am saddened that there is 37 pages on Kanye West on a GnR based board. Even if the input would be for laughs, it is still too much attention for this utterly over-rated shite.

This is "My World". The section dedicated to other artists and different types of music. Believe it or not, people can like different types of music and not be subjected to just one. :)

I know this is my world. But still the members are here because of GnR, and in MY WORLD if you are a fan of GnR, you can not tolerate the likes of K.West - musically or in any other possible way. I just do not get it, called it narrow-mindeness or what you will, I call it pride and integrity. Like at the Grammys K.West was horrible shit, un-listenable self-centered nonsesne - what this genre so often is. To me the topics about golden showers (back in the day) in "Anything Goes" we're much more acceptable to this forum that 30+ pages of K.West praise.

Hot air is what he is. Paper thin, as Angus Young would put it.

Edited by Teroz

I know this is my world. But still the members are here because of GnR, and in MY WORLD if you are a fan of GnR, you can not tolerate the likes of K.West - musically or in any other possible way. I just do not get it, called it narrow-mindeness or what you will, I call it pride and integrity. Like at the Grammys K.West was horrible shit, un-listenable self-centered nonsesne - what this genre so often is. To me the topics about golden showers (back in the day) in "Anything Goes" we're much more acceptable to this forum that 30+ pages of K.West praise.

Lol, like a fucking 80s rock band is the pinnacle of art. Fuck outta here.

"musically or in any other possible way"

Tell me again how GNRs immature "lol getting drunk and smashing hotel rooms and swearing on stage" antics were any less childish than anything Kanye has done?

Edited by bacardimayne

when will Kanye's 15 minutes of fame be up? I can't stand this guy or his music and now that he's part of those talentless Kardashian family, he's even worse.

isn't there anyone out there who hates him enough to at least try to shut him up or maybe shoot him?

It just makes me sick how many annoying people out there in La La land that have tons of money for no apparent reason?

• Like 1

Actually, it makes a lot of sense that GNR fans would like Kanye. Kanye has that same fuck you, do-whatever-I-want attitude Axl had long ago, and like Axl, he's relentlessly experimental with his music.

when will Kanye's 15 minutes of fame be up? I can't stand this guy or his music and now that he's part of those talentless Kardashian family, he's even worse.

isn't there anyone out there who hates him enough to at least try to shut him up or maybe shoot him?

It just makes me sick how many annoying people out there in La La land that have tons of money for no apparent reason?

Fifteen minutes? He's going on over a decade now and he's bigger than he's ever been, aside from maybe 2007. He's not going away. When all is said and done his name will be right up there with the biggest of hip-hop icons and it doesn't matter in the slightest how much you and Len bitch and whine about it.

Edited by bacardimayne

This is an extremely rude and ignorant post. Honestly. When will someone shoot him? Really? Seriously, some people just baffle me.

• Like 2

Clearly hip hop isnt your cup of tea. But why get so angry about it? Insecure much?

If Kanye can't even come up with is own beats, he has no room to talk about artistic credibility. It's funny that when he started out, people were rooting for him because he had his jaw wired shut, now he's become despised.

So Dr. Dre, one of the most renowned producers in rap history, has no artistic credibility because most of his beats are sampled from other songs?

Or are we talking about how the occasional Kanye song isn't produced by Kanye even though the vast majority are?

Ye' described the album as a 'people service' with fun songs.

Sounds like it could be cool or it could be a dud. Not really seeing that angle based on the music he's been releasing lately. Seems pretty artsy still