Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

If Kanye can't even come up with is own beats, he has no room to talk about artistic credibility. It's funny that when he started out, people were rooting for him because he had his jaw wired shut, now he's become despised.

So Dr. Dre, one of the most renowned producers in rap history, has no artistic credibility because most of his beats are sampled from other songs?

Or are we talking about how the occasional Kanye song isn't produced by Kanye even though the vast majority are?

Just about Kanye and the questions that have come up about how someone renowned for his beats - supposedly hiring out people to make beats for him, and passing them off as his own.

If Kanye can't even come up with is own beats, he has no room to talk about artistic credibility. It's funny that when he started out, people were rooting for him because he had his jaw wired shut, now he's become despised.

So Dr. Dre, one of the most renowned producers in rap history, has no artistic credibility because most of his beats are sampled from other songs?

Or are we talking about how the occasional Kanye song isn't produced by Kanye even though the vast majority are?

Just about Kanye and the questions that have come up about how someone renowned for his beats - supposedly hiring out people to make beats for him, and passing them off as his own.

I haven't seen this. I know that he hasn't been doing as much of his producing as he used to, but where has he attempted to pass off a beat that he didn't create as his own?

I haven't seen this. I know that he hasn't been doing as much of his producing as he used to, but where has he attempted to pass off a beat that he didn't create as his own?

John Legend and others have been questioning it.

What does that even mean?

[citation needed]

Edited by Gackt

Banged way more live.

True, but that's historically been true for most of Kanye's stuff.

Pretty happy about this finally dropping. No idea what's going on with the outro but it sounds like it has great lead-in potential for whatever song follows on the album.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

Banged way more live.

True, but that's historically been true for most of Kanye's stuff.

Pretty happy about this finally dropping. No idea what's going on with the outro but it sounds like it has great lead-in potential for whatever song follows on the album.

Guitar/whistling part is a Paul song, pretty cool.

God I remember Black Skinhead on SNL. That was just like "WTF is this awesome shit?!!" Honestly, I almost cried when the studio version came out. I thought, and still do, it was so much worse. So much so that I deleted the studio version from my iPod and made a combined new version which is mostly the SNL performance with snippets, and that one extra verse (or better, I forget which), of the studio version. Always sounded so much better to me. I can't even fathom that song without the rave up chorus he had for SNL.

Never seen his Heartless performance from SNL. Guess I gotta check it out now. Kanye stuff is definitely better live, although as a whole I think most of it has translated well to studio. Aside from Black Skinhead, I can't think of anything that I positively do not like studio that I love live. But then again I guess its possible I haven't seen a ton of live Kanye, and especially live Kanye for songs before they came out on albums.

The way the Skinhead chorus is done on SNL is just infinitely superior. Also, the bass at 2:05, during the "early morning cartoon shit" part is such a sick touch that was also left out of the album version.

----

Initially, I totally wasn't feeling Allan Kingdom's hook, but now I can't sleep because "at that moment i disperseddddd" is stuck in my head.