Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

What is with people having to announce how great they are? If you do that, you're probably not nearly as great as you're pretending to think you are.

Muhammad Ali.

Difference being Muhammad Ali backed it up afterwards :lol:

Except not one person in their right mind would say Kanye is the greatest rock star of all time.

You could make an argument for the present.

You could make an argument for eugenics too.

Ali always talked about being the best.

Yeah, to promote fights, when spoken to on normal days he was actually quite a humble guy, he didn't have random bitch-fits at bewildered radio DJs because they fail to aknowledge his holiness :lol: Ali was in the public eye from aged 20...by 25 everybody else was calling him the greatest. With Kanye, no one calls him the greatest but Kanye.

Edited by Len B'stard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the beat a lot. Vocals leave something to be desired.

Pretty much my exact thought. Would work as an intro or outro track, just like Wolves.

I can't help but shake my head at his clothing though. I mean, everyone there has to be like "WTF", honestly. Right?! I'm pretty sure Kanye is the only one who can wear anything from his line and get away with it.

Pretty much my exact thought. Would work as an intro or outro track, just like Wolves.

I can't help but shake my head at his clothing though. I mean, everyone there has to be like "WTF", honestly. Right?! I'm pretty sure Kanye is the only one who can wear anything from his line and get away with it.

Is there a website that has all of the clothing, piece by piece, like there was for season 1? I can't really judge what the clothes look like off of the video with the models in the rows.

Is there a website that has all of the clothing, piece by piece, like there was for season 1? I can't really judge what the clothes look like off of the video with the models in the rows.

I honestly didn't look, but to me the clothing looked just like what it was like the first season.

• 4 weeks later...

Big interview that released the other day. A lot of it is just Kanye being Kanye/rambling, and is boring if you only care about his music. But in between the fluff there's some neat stuff, a lot of it in the second half. I still haven't finished it. At one point he says 808s and Yeezus were better than MBDTF, and that Power was his least progressive 1st single. And I read that at another point he kinda hints towards the possibility of not making music anymore after this next album. He says he doesn't feel like he has much to prove anymore musically and sometimes when he's writing a verse he "feels like he's doing a talk show every night"

Edited by Jakey Styley

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I read up on what Kanye's been up to for the past x weeks it just makes me mad as a fan of his music.

New version of Say You Will? That's what you've been doing? Fuck off.

Give us the Charlie Wilson Flashing Lights. Give us Bound 1.

Edited by bacardimayne

I am really excited, but have low expectations.

I don't think he'll ever top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Perfect album. A classic.

I listened to MBDTF non-stop during a somewhat frenetic time in my life. I was obsessed with it!

Funnily enough I can't listen to it now. Not because I don't like it but cos it's too associated with that time and like an intense love affair, it's over for me! (It is still a great album though).

I am really excited, but have low expectations.

I don't think he'll ever top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Perfect album. A classic.

I listened to MBDTF non-stop during a somewhat frenetic time in my life. I was obsessed with it!

Funnily enough I can't listen to it now. Not because I don't like it but cos it's too associated with that time and like an intense love affair, it's over for me! (It is still a great album though).

This is exactly the same as my experience with MBDTF. Great album, but I listened to it an absolute ton during a turbulent time in my life. So, I can't really properly listen to it anymore. Maybe later on. But not now.