Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Yeezus is such an experience.

It's better than Magna Carta if only for its visceral, self-contained vitriol. Like, not every track works, it's messy, it sounds at first like it's rushed, but it just gels cohesively into this bruising, angry, vicious record. The more you listen to it, the more those awkwardly dropped samples mid-song don't sound awkward anymore. It's just unlike any other rap album right now, even with the Death Grips comparisons.

Kanye West looks like a fatter P.Diddy and wears glasses from the 1980s that should have been left in the 1980s.

He's too preachy and up his own ass about it.

Jesus Walks and Gold Digger were like is struggle and his alone; I don't really care, I think he's smarmy, arrogant and shouldn't be making music or money.

He really is a gay fish, and I ain't homophobic.

Amen Obama

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 4 weeks later...

I probably haven't been this surprised at the MTV VMAs since GNR actually showed up in 2002! It was a lock Kanye would be performing Black Skinhead. So when he came out of nowhere and played my favorite song on the album, Blood On The Leaves, I let out the biggest cheer. That was fucking awesome and totally Kanye pulling that out of nowhere. Only problem: MTV didn't let him perform the whole thing. The whole song is amazing, but the second half is what truly makes it awesome. Wish he had done the whole thing, but happy with what we got. Also in typical Kanye fashion, I got kind of annoyed the whole thing was in front of that screen. I really wanted to actually see him perform. But again, minor quibble. Still awesome. Looks like that song would sound as good as I thought it would live. Now announce those tour dates!!! (which I am doubtful about because of him becoming a new father).

Oh, and how could you not love someone on MTV yelling "Fuck them other n**gers!" for 30 seconds?! (thats great that on here you can say whatever curse you want, but you can't say the n-word. I originally typed the n-word and it changed it to "hooray for tolerances!")

Edited by gunsfanoldie