Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Yeah but aren't you like, a 50 year old white republican or something

What would any of that have to do with anything?

My age, skin color or voting habits have nothing to do with what types of music I enjoy.

I've like some of Kayne's older music. I like how there are lines in Golddigger that describe his GF Kim Kardsashian and wonder if they sit around and laugh about that.

I'm 40, white and tend to vote more republican than dem now, though when I was younger it was closer to 50/50. But that has nothing to do with whether or not I enjoy a song or artists or not. Especially since West isn't making any political statements on this album. Enjoying or not enjoying lyrics about eating an Asian woman's pussy and not forgetting to bring the sweet and sour sauce....or using the word bitch 38 times in every song............has nothing to do with physical age or skin color.

If you think West is the man and you love the album - good for you!!!!!!!

Music is all about personal preference, and I just found the album juvenile, silly and cliched.

In my opinion that's not really valid reason to critizise a Yeezy record, because he has always had stinkers lyrically. I mean, he rhymed "anakin" with "mannequin" on "Gone." It's those cringe wothy moments that I have come to look forward to.

I really enjoy Yeezus but it doesn't have the same replay value as any of his other records.

Yeah but aren't you like, a 50 year old white republican or something

What would any of that have to do with anything?

My age, skin color or voting habits have nothing to do with what types of music I enjoy.

I've like some of Kayne's older music. I like how there are lines in Golddigger that describe his GF Kim Kardsashian and wonder if they sit around and laugh about that.

I'm 40, white and tend to vote more republican than dem now, though when I was younger it was closer to 50/50. But that has nothing to do with whether or not I enjoy a song or artists or not. Especially since West isn't making any political statements on this album. Enjoying or not enjoying lyrics about eating an Asian woman's pussy and not forgetting to bring the sweet and sour sauce....or using the word bitch 38 times in every song............has nothing to do with physical age or skin color.

If you think West is the man and you love the album - good for you!!!!!!!

Music is all about personal preference, and I just found the album juvenile, silly and cliched.

That's cool.

I just think you don't get it because of your demographics. Is that aight?]

Edited by LiveFromNormal

I have noticed that the lyrics on this album feel a lot more rushed, a few genius moments aside. On an album like MBDTF, it feels like he spent an hour crafting each line. Not so much here.

Can you recall a scene from the sessions that might help people understand his method in the studio?

Rick Rubin: We were working on a Sunday [the same day West attended a baby shower for girlfriend Kim Kardashian] and the album was to be turned in two days later. Kanye was planning to go to Milan that night. Five songs still needed vocals and two or three of them still needed lyrics. He said, “Don’t worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter.” In the two hours before had to run out to catch the plane, he did exactly that: finished all lyrics and performed them with gusto. A remarkable feat. He had total confidence in his ability to get the job done when push came to shove.

Haven't listened in full but tried a few tracks randomly when I'm in and around work. So far I really like New Slaves, On Sight, Bound2 and I am a God, Black SKinheads pretty good too.

On sights beat is awesome. "One last announcement / no sports bra, let's keep it bouncing,"

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

I have noticed that the lyrics on this album feel a lot more rushed, a few genius moments aside. On an album like MBDTF, it feels like he spent an hour crafting each line. Not so much here.

Can you recall a scene from the sessions that might help people understand his method in the studio?

Rick Rubin: We were working on a Sunday [the same day West attended a baby shower for girlfriend Kim Kardashian] and the album was to be turned in two days later. Kanye was planning to go to Milan that night. Five songs still needed vocals and two or three of them still needed lyrics. He said, “Don’t worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter.” In the two hours before had to run out to catch the plane, he did exactly that: finished all lyrics and performed them with gusto. A remarkable feat. He had total confidence in his ability to get the job done when push came to shove.

:o

What's everyone's top 10 Yeezy songs?

In no order:

Power
Black Skinhead
Heartless
Through the Wire
Touch the Sky
Dark Fantasy
School Spirit
Never Let Me Down
Flashing Lights