Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Just got the chance to listen to it for the first time. Avoided reading any comments or reviews beforehand. I respect it, but I don't think I like it very much. :(

It's a grower; I was half-and-half at first, now I love it. It's the type of album that most probably won't love upon first listen.

The CD looks so much more ghetto in person lol

Kanye is mad hooray for tolerance!ish. Guess no bonus tracks then? Love the beat for black skinhead btw..

Highlight of the album for me is the first 10 seconds of that track. I want an mp3 that's just that for 4 hours to listen to while I run marathons. Gets the blood pumping like no other.

That was my reaction at first but after a few listens the songs emerge. Very intense arrogance, hes still kanye. But maybe after 5 songs Id had enough. So itll still have a few more songs. Its not a barbq cd. DF was very pop. This still a bit more what he wants to do.

1st listen: Wtf? This album is shit.

2nd listen: Ok. I see what Kanye is doing here, I respect this experimental shit he is trying. It's aight.

3rd listen: Damn good album. Nicely produced, not his best but different and takes awhile to get used to.

Favorite tracks: Guilt Trip(even though is was slated for Watch The Throne), and Blood on the Leaves. Love the sampling on Blood on the Leaves. Master P's "Down for my hooray for tolerance!s" and Nina Simone's Strange Fruit

EDIT: Actually that sample is C-Murder/Snoop and not Master P, could've sworn it was. Was under No Limit Records by Master P, anyway :lol:

Great songs: Black Skinhead, New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Bound 2

Good songs: On Sight, I Am a God, Hold My Liquor, Guilt Trip

Meh: I'm In It, Send it Up

Pretty much how I feel too. But I really like I Am A God, so I'd bump it up. That's about it.

Great songs: Black Skinhead, New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Bound 2

Good songs: On Sight, I Am a God, Hold My Liquor, Guilt Trip

Meh: I'm In It, Send it Up

I'd put Guilt Trip in the "meh" category and possibly put On Sight in great. But other than that, bingo.

I just listened to the entire album today. Wow.

NO OFFENSE to the Kayne lovers. Music is all about personal preference, and if you love him or this album - sweet.

But for me personally..........my gosh, it was an awful experience.

I think he broke the record for most times an artist uses the word bitch/bitches on one album.

Almost every song is about him having sex with bitches.

The lyrics seem really cliched and juvenile to me. Nothing innovative at all, just stuff thats been done before by a million other rappers.

Even the song structures - everything about it is just more of whats already out there.

Like in one song (can't remember which one) he does that thing that is popular now of having the SAME word end three lyrics/proses in a row. Does that make sense? Typically artists try and rhyme their sentences by using the last word......but lately, bands will have one part where they will "end" each one with the same word. In this case, it's the word "sh*t". Was that confusing or do you all know what I'm talking about?

I also can't stand the way Kayne enunciates his words. He almost never enunciates the last letter of a word. Instead of saying "fast" he'll say "fas".............it wouldn't be so bad if he did that to rhyme or to try and sound cool on some words, but he does it only probably 1/3 of all the words he raps. So after about two songs of listening to that, it starts to get grating.

Just my opinion though - hope it doesn't offend his fans.