Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/5687102/kanye-west-announces-the-yeezus-tour

THE YEEZUS TOUR DATES:

October:
19 Seattle, WA (KeyArena) #
20 Vancouver, B.C. (Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena) #
22 San Jose, CA (SAP Center) #
23 Oakland, CA (Oracle Arena) #
25 Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
26 Los Angeles, CA (STAPLES Center) #

November:
1 Salt Lake City, UT (EnergySolutions Arena) #
3 Denver, CO Pepsi Center) #
5 Minneapolis, MN (Target Center) #
7 Chicago, IL (United Center) #
10 Detroit, MI (Palace of Auburn Hills) #
12 Toronto, Ont. (Air Canada Centre) #
14 Montreal, Que. (Bell Centre) #
16 Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)
17 Boston, MA (TD Garden) #
19 Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center)
21 Washington, DC (Verizon Center) #
23 New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
29 Miami, FL (AmericanAirlines Arena) #
30 Tampa, FL (Tampa Bay Times Forum)

December:
1 Atlanta, GA (Philips Arena) #
6 Dallas, TX (American Airlines Center) #
7 Houston, TX )Toyota Center) #

# Kendrick Lamar opening

I'm so excited. I was hoping it would happen and now it has. This tour has the potential to be extraordinary. 10 years of Kanye packed into 2 hours. Honestly, I'm almost going to be upset if he doesn't play Yeezus in his entirety. He should be promoting the hell out of that thing this tour as it deserves it. He should be proud.

Couldn't be happier that he's touring, but I'm just looking at the ticket prices for the first time. Hoofa, they are pretty steep. I want to get great seats, but it looks like for most dates, the tickets are between $150 and $200, and thats possibly without extra ticket charges. I want to be close, but I don't know if I can justify that. Looks like I might have to settle for the second best, which is still $100 it looks like, at least in LA, without extra ticket charges. I love the guy, but he's really charging alot.

Another thing I found interesting is it appears the concert is "in the round". Makes me feel a little better about the tickets, as you can kind of get cheaper tickets and your tickets aren't necessarily bad.

Dedication 5 is total shit. Weezy fell off hard. There's glimpses, briefly, of the old Lil Wayne. The You Song or whatever it's called (the one with Chance the Rapper) is great and he steps his game off. The rest is mostly insufferable.

Never realised he talked with such an effeminate camp voice.

I know a black dude who, when I made a similar observation about Kanye's voice sounding odd, said, "That's the voice we put on when we're speaking to white people." :lol:

Floor tickets all seem to be GA, with the main sections around the main stage "VIP" (whatever that entails), so that makes me feel a little better about the prices. Depending on the actual price for one of the VIP GA tickets, I'll probably buy one for Philly hopefully. Would like to do MSG, but I've got a Cornell show that same date that I don't feel like dropping.

I'm going for the $99 seats, which since the stage is "in the round" shouldn't be that bad. They won't be right next to the side, but they'll be on the far sides of the arena for a stage that will be in the center so thats not terrible. And just looking for one ticket I should be able to pull something relatively good.

Also, if the tour wasn't an energizer enough, his performance on Jimmy Fallon last night certainly was! Doing my favorite song next to Blood On The Leaves and Black Skinhead. I love that he's played all of my favorites on TV now! This is a genius performance, Bound 2 in all its glory:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/531056?playlist_id=1031&asset_scope=all

70 quid or so for standing tickets at Apollo in London back in February. Even at an hour and a half, it was well worth it. He's the closest thing to old-school Axl Rose we've got these days in terms of manic energy, mood swings, sheer talent, and fuck-you attitude.

Mine go onsale in an hour and a half, and I'm pretty pissed that now the $100 seats pretty much suck. They are pretty much like 4 sections and they are the annoying ones to the back and side of the stage. Its worth it just to pay the extra $50 so you can see the front, but thats really annoying that now I basically have to spend $160 or something on a concert. I haven't done that in years.

So only the regular GA tickets went on sale today, but the VIP tickets go on sale tomorrow and this is what the package entails:

One Incredible VIP General Admission Floor Ticket *
One Entry Into YEEZUS - The Official VIP Preshow Party **
.Separate Preshow VIP Lounge - Party in Style Before the Show!
.VIP Preshow Open Bar ** - Includes Beer, Wine & Assorted Soft Drink Selections
.VIP Preshow Catering - Includes Eclectic Selection of Hors D'oeuvres
.On-Site VIP Preshow Host
One Limited Edition Kanye West Tour Lithograph
.Limited Edition Lithograph Designed Exclusively for the YEEZUS TOUR
.Each Lithograph Hand Numbered and Comes with an Official Certificate of Authenticity
The Perks That Work ***
.VIP Priority Check-In*** (Where Available)
.Separate VIP Entrance*** (Where Available)
.VIP Customer Service Hotline
Exclusive Kanye West VIP Merchandise (Created Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers) ****
.One Exclusive YEEZUS TOUR VIP Gift
.One Commemorative YEEZUS TOUR Concert Ticket
.One Limited Edition YEEZUS TOUR VIP Laminate

* Venue seating configurations can vary market-by-market; general admission sections are non-reserved (standing only)
** Please note you must be of legal age to consume alcohol; proper identification required for consumption of alcohol
*** VIP Priority Check-In & Separate Entrance may not be available in all markets due to restrictions
**** Delivery of VIP merchandise will occur after event date - please make sure to consider this before you purchase a package

Depending on the price, I might opt for one, honestly. We'll see how much they are tomorrow. Luckily, my shows still aren't on sale so I'll have time to prep for the price.