Axl's three options

ManetsBR

Retire, get into shape, work on his work ethic, make up with Slash and co, comeback with reunion, tour and record with original CD lineup on the side.

Essentially a combination of what Axl always wanted to be and what his fans want.

Let's admit it, Axl has only three options if he ever wants to be relevant again:

• New album
  • Reunion
  • Retirement

Does anyone disagree? Which would you rather?

How would retirement make him "relevant"? ;)

Of course I would rather GN'R released more music.

Axl doesn't have to pick any option. He can do whatever the fuck he wants. He's filthy rich and still has people interested in his music... so he can just tour the old songs till the end of his life, people will still go to the shows and make him even more rich...

Axl will never be relevent again. His time in the sun is over. The closest he could ever hope for is for a brief wave of nostalgia fueled by a reunion, and even that would be very short-lived indeed, especially in today's time of short attention spans.

Unless he records a catchy song with Slash on guitars, nobody other than the hardcore fans that post on these forums or attend his NuGuns shows will ever ever care about new music that Axl Rose releases.

WE are all that's left. The handful of people around the globe that are still going out and seeing the Axl Rose Project when it comes into town. There are a handful of curiousity seekers of course, but I gotta believe those numbers have dwindled over the years as anyone that has really wanted to see Axl Rose live has had ample chances to do so since 2009.

At least now the venues are finally FINALLY reflecting his ability to draw....clubs and festivals. It seems like it finally got through to him that he can't book big arenas anymore.

I will say this; I enjoyed the shit out of the show I saw last year. 3 hours consisted of the entire greatest hits CD plus Estranged, Civil War, Catcher and some new covers and you were super lucky? Twat. It really is the best setlist since his return in 2001. I'm done griping about the setlist. They can play the current one every night if they want cause it's actually really awesome and you get your money's worth.

If you've seen him 10 times already? Don't bother. Nothing new. But if you haven't seen Estranged and the Seeker and Catcher....it's worth it I think.

New album. Reunion would be cool for a short time, but I imagine all we'd get is more touring. If you told me reunion would bring a new album, I'd probably go with that.

Off topic: It's awesome that mods are picking fights and insulting posters. /sarc

He's playing to satisfied crowds, getting some good to great reviews, and he makes news anytime he's seen in public. That's as relevant as any middle aged rock stars are. Aerosmith got ambitious and put out a new album last year, it flopped, and they continued touring because they're a great live band. The Rolling Stones put out a few new songs but for the time being they're doing shows and playing the hits because they're a great live band. All of those bands made a noteworthy contribution to music to gain their status, now they're basically nostalgia acts. That doesn't mean they aren't relevant.