Has being a Gunner affected your behavior? if so How?

sailaway

Let's hear it, your best evaluation of whether/how much has being a gunner affected your life/behavior.

Would you have been like you are,regardless?

I doubt I would have been any different, I was already well versed in The Doors/Beatles/stones/Floyd for inspiration and role models :P I was twenty someting when I heard GNR in 88, so I was well on the way of being a social malcontent and rebel. It was already ingrained. :)

Has GNR impacted your behavior? Affected your views? How so?

made me think about music in a different way from most people I talk with. Unfortunately, even among GNR fans this is the type of trait that makes me the odd man out because even when I go to a GNR concert I find myself liking GNR music on a whole different level than all other GNR fans which makes the discussion pretty disappointing. the same goes for all online forums and discussions thereat. I rarely or never find common ground as to the reasons i like GNR and i have gnr and probably my genetic composition and life experience to thank for that :)

It's made me have such high standards when it comes to other bands.

I love many bands but I stop listening to them after a while to take a break.

This doesn't happen with GNR...they have been part of my life as far as I can remember.

Guest NGOG

At one point I would have been obsessed with the fruitless task of obtaining unheard Chinese Democracy material. When the band resumed semi-normal activity in late 2009 I became quite addicted to watching all of the surfacing videos and looking at all of the fan submitted pictures. I usually view MyGNR once a day on the off-chance something has leaked or Axl has spontaneously announced the release of Chinese Democracy II.

It made, waiting for something (e.g. a bus) or queing in line, an easier and relatively painless task. No matter how long the wait, no matter how long the line, I can always say to myself: 'this pales in comparison to waiting for GN'R to do something'!

It makes me appreciate the output of active bands a lot more.

This.
This.

Plus it makes me appreciate bands like Rush even more who undergo major set list changes every tour and keep releasing amazing albums still. And they have had a steady lineup for over 35 years lol

Edited by WhazUp

This.
This.

Plus it makes me appreciate bands like Rush even more who undergo major set list changes every tour and keep releasing amazing albums still. And they have had a steady lineup for over 35 years lol

Yes, there is an element of this. Even an active band, I look at The Beatles - they released 13 albums in 8 years - and I think, ''god, gnr are shit''.

This.
This.

This.