Have we been any more bored with the band?

Young_Gun

Have we? I went to both Melbourne shows a few months back and that did little to ignite my passion in a band that has been spinning its wheels for a good 4 years. They have toured most of the major markets more than once and play a stale set list that is full of uninteresting covers, instrumentals and solo songs. Not a single new song has been played live and Axl's voice has gotten worse since 2010. We have now resorted to talking about who is the most intellectual band member of current GnR is. Seriously....

I wouldn't go as far as saying they been spinning their wheels for the last for years. I think that something was due in 2011 but for whatever reason it didn't happen. UCAP or Vegas should have been the end of the touring cycle (opinion not fact).

Guest NGOG

That's the problem with the GNR community, the magnifying glass with which we scrutinize the band's activity. This isn't a difficult time in comparison to when we were unaware if GNR continued to exist at all. The best policy is simply to sit back and take what you get as it comes to avoid all of the unnecessary frustrations at what is perceived to be an abnormal approach to things.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they been spinning their wheels for the last for years. I think that something was due in 2011 but for whatever reason it didn't happen. UCAP or Vegas should have been the end of the touring cycle (opinion not fact).

What do you think was due in 2011?

I think it's even more boring than the '03-05 period, but that's just me.

At least then, we knew something had been in the works, something new, something we hadn't heard yet.

Now, it's nothing more than just going through the motions, and that even wouldn't be so bad if Axl would take better care of himself and his voice. But now, all we have is essentially the same setlist, with very minor and mostly insignificant changes between legs, an consistently inconsistent Axl, and nothing concrete to look forward to in the foreseeable no matter what "side of the fence" you're on.

I think it's over beyond the nostalgic touring. The only way I can see us getting new music is if it leaks, or team Brazil milks it after Axl dies.

Edited by Bobbo

CD re-issue with additional cd-era tracks (unreleased and remixes).

Guest NGOG

At least then, we knew something had been in the works, something new, something we hadn't heard yet.

Which could well have been abandoned at that point for all we knew.

CD re-issue with additional cd-era tracks (unreleased and remixes).

Yes, heard that mentioned before. Shame they didn't, it might have paved the way for other stuff a bit sooner.

From what I remember, there were interviews from the guys saying it was being worked on, and blah, blah and giving out tentative dates here and there during that period. No more bleaker than it looks now, at least in terms for more music.

Guest NGOG

It would seem after the failed or abandoned plans for a re-release in 2011, at least according to rumors, there was a subsequent attempt to invigorate a process which would lead to the release of a new record in 2012. Which again was a failed, stalled or abandoned policy.

I think it's even more boring than the '03-05 period, but that's just me.

Now, it's nothing more than just going through the motions, and that even wouldn't be so bad if Axl would take better care of himself and his voice. But now, all we have is essentially the same setlist, with very minor and mostly insignificant changes between legs, an consistently inconsistent Axl, and nothing concrete to look forward to in the foreseeable no matter what "side of the fence" you're on.

I think it's over beyond the nostalgic touring. The only way I can see us getting new music is if it leaks, or team Brazil milks it after Axl dies.

i couldn't agree more.

this is probably the time people are less excited about nugnr since 1999.

axl's project is virtually dead. at this point, it's just a cash grab act based on the afd nostalgia, without any kind of musical perspective.

Edited by pepsicoca

Yes. The inactive years. 2003-2005.

I'm not bored. If you are, it might be time to find another band to follow.

The constant bitching about the band being active and touring never ceases to amaze me.

Then keep being amazed.

Yes. The inactive years. 2003-2005.

I'm not bored. If you are, it might be time to find another band to follow.

The constant bitching about the band being active and touring never ceases to amaze me.

Then keep being amazed.

He's not the only one that feels this way.

He's right about following another band.

I'm sad with the current situation :/

What makes me even sadder is knowing that it wouldn't take much for Axl to get everyone extremelly thrilled and excited again, but still, he refuses to do so.

this.

nope.

it would be easy to get the forum excited... but to get the real world excited, that's a different story.