Fox 5 News New York Tonight!!

Tyler Drama

To be honest I think it's a bit moot at this point. I might be wrong but I don't think GnR are interested in engaging with any unofficial forum

The power of MyGNR is undeniable and the GNR camp can't afford to completely ignore its existence. This place over the years has been a repeated source of legitimate news if you consider Madison/Canadian shirt policy and MSL's numerous schemes including the enemy list. This directly affected GNR in a very undeniable way. On most articles related to GNR you can bet that an opinion here helped to shape the nature of what has been written. It is for these reasons that Team Brazil use to regularly come here in the past to clarify/deny certain things and even get Axl to talk to us. They simply cannot deny the power of the majority and that is what MyGNR is. Right now they tend to ignore us in terms of publicly being seen to engage with MyGNR but you can bet your bottom dollar that management continue to monitor the attitudes of this place. It is better that this relationship, even if it is to remain on the back burner for now, contains as little friction as possible. That is certainly not helped by members of staff expressing snide remarks about the current management who influence Axl in such an implicit way.

I don't think either of the Tylers intended to burn Team Brazil in that way it seems it was just a naïve way of making the interview memorable by being funny.

I've not been a member here that long, whilst I agree with your assessment of past power/importance I'm not sure that still stands and I think Axl's camp know that. Madison is long gone and MSL is mostly doing his own thing. I don't think the majority of the concert attending public are remotely interested in a forum, we are very much a minority. If anyone did come here for a browse they would have to be fairly dedicated to get past some of the hostility sometimes shown to newbies and the pages of nonsensical thread derailment that occurs often.

It may be (and i hope not) that this forum is slowly destroying itself from the inside out and Team Brasil are just sitting it out watching whilst building on their own prefered social platform site.

I have been reading this forum for about a year and posting for a bit less and I would say even in that time some of the camaraderie is dropping. I try to donate regularly to hosting costs but I'm one of very few, the donation tracker was much healthier a year ago..

I don't really know what it is symptomatic of, possibly the site, possibly GnR themselves. Fwiw the mods mostly do a good job considering it's not their main occupations but I guess improvements could be made.

Edited by alfierose

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NGOG

With the GunsNRoses.com forum, Paradise City, and HTGTH, I don't think GNR really wants to bother with any unofficial forums.

That is probably true. If I were part of the GNR camp, I wouldn't want to read a more enlightened opinion here when I could endlessly read the appraisals of Here Today and paradisecity. But I should. Why? Because it's good to gauge the opinion of the majority which is not necessarily captured by the at times mindless worship demonstrated by the more band controlled platforms to talk about GNR.

It may be (and i hope not) that this forum is slowly destroying itself from the inside out and Team Brasil are just sitting it out watching whilst building on their own ordered social platform site.

Bingo. That is exactly what is currently happening. We are not in ideal economic times and the erosion of discussion by a select but persisent minority is damaging the life of this place. It would be better therefore to have GNR on board to help introduce new conversation and even shoulder some of the financial burden however that is made impossible by members of staff publicly expressing negative views about the current management.

If I were part of the GNR camp, I wouldn't want to read a more enlightened opinion here when I could endlessly read the appraisals of Here Today and paradisecity. But I should. Why? Because it's good to gauge the opinion of the majority which is not necessarily captured by the at times mindless worship demonstrated by the more band controlled platforms to talk about GNR.

But just as HTGTH are for the overly positive, this forum is gaining a reputation as a place for the overly negative. So why care about either site if you want, as you say, to gauge the interest of the fan base?

Oh, I think you are far exaggerating the importance of mygnr.

Do you? Even after reading your ever logical post, I'm not persuaded to your opinion.

MyGNR is the biggest online GNR community and boasts quite a few of the population that still give a thought to GNR every day. MyGNR has literally shaped the way in which reporters articulate their articles over the years and has even produced its own newsworthy allegations. Axl himself said that it was compulsory he kept a control on the online activity even if he no longer contributed personally. It is a reality that in order to produce anything in any way half-decent about GNR as a journalist, go to the archives of MyGNR.

I think you do right in emphasising the past here. I don't think mygnr has that same position anymore. I am not saying any other forum has taken over, just that the general interest in GN'R discussion boards are sinking (the Facebook competition is tough). This forum has also, through its 'embrace everyone' policy -- which I am grateful for -- unfortunately ended up as a rather band-unfriendly site which again drives the moderates away. This place, like every site, is become more and more irrelevant.

With the GunsNRoses.com forum, Paradise City, and HTGTH, I don't think GNR really wants to bother with any unofficial forums.

That is probably true. If I were part of the GNR camp, I wouldn't want to read a more enlightened opinion here when I could endlessly read the appraisals of Here Today and paradisecity. But I should. Why? Because it's good to gauge the opinion of the majority which is not necessarily captured by the at times mindless worship demonstrated by the more band controlled platforms to talk about GNR.

It may be (and i hope not) that this forum is slowly destroying itself from the inside out and Team Brasil are just sitting it out watching whilst building on their own ordered social platform site.

Bingo. That is exactly what is currently happening. We are not in ideal economic times and the erosion of discussion by a select but persisent minority is damaging the life of this place. It would be better therefore to have GNR on board to help introduce new conversation and even shoulder some of the financial burden however that is made impossible by members of staff publicly expressing negative views about the current management.

I agree with this but I still don't think GnR, it's members and management give a shit at this point. The mods can reach out all they want but I will be surprised if they get much in return.

Guest NGOG

But just as HTGTH are for the overly positive, this forum is gaining a reputation as a place for the overly negative.

just that the general interest in GN'R discussion boards are sinking (the Facebook competition is tough).

I don't think it's at all fair to brandish this place as being on the opposite side of the spectrum to Here Today. There is still a sizeable proportion of pro-Axl opinion which is currently being smothered by a persistent minority.

The Facebooks and Twitter tend to capture the brainless support. If you look under any given status it's usually the inane contributions of a South American. MyGNR remains the place to have intelligent, cohesive debate about GNR.

Guest NGOG

I agree with this but I still don't think GnR, it's members and management give a shit at this point. The mods can reach out all they want but I will be surprised if they get much in return.

Why then does Jarmo, who leads a tiny but completely pro-Axl board, regularly tour the world with GNR? Surely, if the forums are declining in the power, Jarmo could have been abandoned at some point? The fact is even if it isn't necessary, Team Brazil repay loyalty. So even if MyGNR were to become remotely pro-Axl again, that would be reciprocated by the management in some way. Hopefully rather than personal gain as per Eric; HV and Subsy would opt for it be concentrated on the improvement of MyGNR.

Edited by NGOG

I can't believe they can't drink.

Yeah, I knew P5 was young but I actually thought BS was about 40. Just goes to show, be careful who you talk to on the internet kids...lol.

Why then does Jarmo, who leads a tiny but completely pro-Axl board, regularly tour the world with GNR? Surely, if the forums are declining in the power, Jarmo could have been abandoned at some point? The fact is even if it isn't necessary, Team Brazil repay loyalty. So even if MyGNR were to become remotely pro-Axl again, that would be reciprocated by the management in some way. Hopefully rather than personal gain as per Eric; HV and Subsy would opt for it be concentrated on the improvement of MyGNR.

Probably because he got on board at a point it did matter and they like him now? Either that or he knows too much so they have to keep him or kill him. ;-)

I can't believe they can't drink.

Yeah, I knew P5 was young but I actually thought BS was about 40. Just goes to show, be careful who you talk to on the internet kids...lol.

Probably because he got on board at a point it did matter and they like him now? Either that or he knows too much so they have to keep him or kill him. ;-)
They cupcakes who get warnings and suspensions from these 14 year olds must like that ;)

But just as HTGTH are for the overly positive, this forum is gaining a reputation as a place for the overly negative.

just that the general interest in GN'R discussion boards are sinking (the Facebook competition is tough).

I don't think it's at all fair to brandish this place as being on the opposite side of the spectrum to Here Today. There is still a sizeable proportion of pro-Axl opinion which is currently being smothered by a persistent minority.

The Facebooks and Twitter tend to capture the brainless support. If you look under any given status it's usually the inane contributions of a South American. MyGNR remains the place to have intelligent, cohesive debate about GNR.

The way I see it, it is a little bit worse than how you describe it. Maybe it was like you describe it a year ago. The moderates leave or become the silent majority and the extremists (of either kind) remains to run the discussions. It's a downward spiral because if unchecked it can ruin a forum. This trend is the result of the band being less interesting to hard core fans now than before, and the heavy trolling and arguments that are off-putting to most people. I believe. I also see some migration of fans from here to other forums.

I say this with love. You all looked like massive hooray for tolerance!s. I mean that in the best way possible. And the truth is, I would be looking just like you if I went to the show, too, and I've probably even looked like a bigger hooray for tolerance! like when I made a sign with this photo 8d12bc5f.jpg

for a Velvet Revolver gig where I was in the front row in order to get a Duff bass pick.

Anyway, that's awesome guys. Hooray for tolerance!

Guest bellastar2355

Great Interview!!

The guy with the cupcake shirt has a great voice!

and Powerage's mom is so adorable!!!

I say this with love. You all looked like massive hooray for tolerance!s. I mean that in the best way possible. And the truth is, I would be looking just like you if I went to the show, too, and I've probably even looked like a bigger hooray for tolerance! like when I made a sign with this photo 8d12bc5f.jpg

for a Velvet Revolver gig where I was in the front row in order to get a Duff bass pick.

Anyway, that's awesome guys. Hooray for tolerance!

This is the gig were Slash was in a Buckethead costume right? N Scott in a Axl one

Everybody came across as having lots of personality and kudos for that; but maybe they could have been smarter with regards their portrayal of MyGNR and attitudes toward the current management.

Sorry guys, but I have to say that I agree.

Most of it was cool, but I think a few of the comments were unnecessary given that you mentioned you were from the forum; that's essentially suggesting you represent the views of management and staff.

I'm making this comment publically because I feel the need to distance ourselves from some of that. The promo was awesome, and I'm really proud you guys repped the forum... but could have really done without a few of the comments about management. We want those guys to help us out and communicate with us, right?

Jesus Christ. What a puss response. Nothing they said was untrue. why does being a gnr fan mean pretending things aren't what they are? Or protecting axl by not talking about the realities of what happens with gnr? Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Everybody came across as having lots of personality and kudos for that; but maybe they could have been smarter with regards their portrayal of MyGNR and attitudes toward the current management.

Most of it was cool, but I think a few of the comments were unnecessary given that you mentioned you were from the forum; that's essentially suggesting you represent the views of management and staff.

I'm making this comment publically because I feel the need to distance ourselves from some of that. The promo was awesome, and I'm really proud you guys repped the forum... but could have really done without a few of the comments about management. We want those guys to help us out and communicate with us, right?

Jesus Christ. What a puss response. Nothing they said we untrue.

Err, no one is denying that what they said are truly their opinions, the point here is that these opinions shouldn't perhaps be stated from the staff at mygnrforum on fear of people misinterpreting them as the forum's official opinions. Balancing one's personal opinions while having an official role isn't always easy, especially with media who might skew any comments the way they want it.

Edited by SoulMonster

Jesus Christ. What a puss response. Nothing they said was untrue. why does being a gnr fan mean pretending things aren't what they are? Or protecting axl by not talking about the realities of what happens with gnr?

I said that it weakens our already seemingly poor standing with the band's management. Don't mince my words.

With the GunsNRoses.com forum, Paradise City, and HTGTH, I don't think GNR really wants to bother with any unofficial forums. Cool to see Paradise City take off, but I get the impression that the official GunsNRoses.com forum is full of tumbleweed.

Yeah don't sweat it hv. There are plenty of places that are either run by the band or suck up to them shamelessly. What good has it done them? Nobody goes there... not fans or the band or even management. By contrast, this site lets fans say what they want and people actually show up. You've got a far better thing going. But yeah I suppose it would be way cooler for you guys to get to feel connected to team brasil in some way.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

With the GunsNRoses.com forum, Paradise City, and HTGTH, I don't think GNR really wants to bother with any unofficial forums. Cool to see Paradise City take off, but I get the impression that the official GunsNRoses.com forum is full of tumbleweed.

Yeah don't sweat it hv. There are plenty of places that are either run by the band or suck up to them shamelessly. What good has it done them? By contrast, this site lets fans say what they want and people actually show up. You've got a far better thing going. But yeah I suppose it would be way cooler for you guys to get to feel connected to team brasil in some way.

Whichever way you cut it, having a positive relationship with management is good for the forum and for fans. How hard is that to see?

Where did I say we'd change or compromise the way we moderate or run the site to achieve that? I never did. If anything, I'd like to see some of the complaints people air actually given an audience someday. This wasn't the way to go about it.

But your theory about having a good relationship with management is at odds with the reality of other boards who have great relationships with management. It's a nice theory. But it's been tested. Unless you're hoping beta hires you to help jarmo with merch. His forum sure hasn't benefited from all the ass kissing

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness