should I go see Metallica live?

wasted

$200 for GA?! Where you seeing them? Though tbf that's not much more than Fan Pit in Abu Dhabi.

Definitely worth seeing at least once, true professionals, know how to please fans. I've seen them twice (Feb '09 Sheffield, March '13 Abu Dhabi), and that'll be enough for me until they release a new album. Was thinking of seeing them in Rio in September, esp since Alice in Chains is opening, but £100 is a bit much. If it was half the price I'd probably see them a 3rd time.

They're way better now than they were 3 years ago.

Do yourself a favour and know all the big songs off the first five albums and you'll have a fuckin great gig.

WTF AIC OPENING FOR METALLICA? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! GO! GO NOW!

You might as well. I've seen them a couple times and they are alright. It's embarrassing listening to Hetfield say that Metallica loves whatever city the show is in in-between each song, but other than that, they are okay.

scanning the scene in (PLACE CITY YOU ARE IN HERE!) tonight. ....

WTF AIC OPENING FOR METALLICA? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! GO! GO NOW!

AiC just announced yday they're playing London in November, so I'll see them then, and I just saw Metallica couple of months ago. Also, spent £200 on 2 Rock in Rio day tickets already (1 for Iron Maiden, 1 for Bruce Springsteen, even if I have to stand through John Mayer for the latter).

$200 for GA?! Where you seeing them? Though tbf that's not much more than Fan Pit in Abu Dhabi.

Definitely worth seeing at least once, true professionals, know how to please fans. I've seen them twice (Feb '09 Sheffield, March '13 Abu Dhabi), and that'll be enough for me until they release a new album. Was thinking of seeing them in Rio in September, esp since Alice in Chains is opening, but £100 is a bit much. If it was half the price I'd probably see them a 3rd time.

they generally turn the GA into VIP seating in at the Mercedes Benz Arena. It's an NBA arena so mid range tickets are ok. hopefully they won't do that. I doubt AIC will open. It will be in and out cash grab and who can blame them.

I'm getting a greatest hits. Creeping Death I've read about. Fade to Black sounds like a big one.

One

Fade to Black

Creeping Death

Master of Puppets and Harvester of Sorrow I should probably hear along with Creeping Death and Fade to Black.

It's usually either Fade To Black or Ride The Lightning. The album RTL gets a lot of songs played from it. The Memory Remains used to be a big live song but I didn't hear it in Abu Dhabi this year, dunno how often they've been playing it recently.

is it always horrible sound?

my problem is the songs just don't sound like they would be good live. The music sounds good, but vocally and lyrically I can't tell what he's singing about. whatever it's Metallica, can't be that bad can it.

I just don't want to be that idiot that pays 200 dollars to just up for Enter Sandman.

They're a lot of fun, even if you don't know all the songs. I'm sure people who've gone might have known a small handful of songs and enjoyed it.

I'd probably pick Cirque over Metallica but that's because I've seen Metallica and haven't seen the Cirque.

My dad's a casual fan and he had a great time at the Abu Dhabi show. Dunno if he preferred that or the GNR show, but we definitely noticed twice as many people at the same venue for Metallica, and more diverse crowd.

One of the great things about Metallica is that they're 100% professional and they always deliver. Always. Go see them.

Yup, although in Abu Dhabi they came on at 9:30, and Axl came on at 9:10. Thought to myself, "What is the world coming to..." :P

@wasted Man, don't even think about it. Metallica always put on great shows. They sound awesome live. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. Hands down.

this is what i needed to hear, metallica is definitely on my bucket list, hopefully there come around to ct area at some point in the future