Rank the guitarists

Guest NGOG

Can you rank the current GNR guitarists in terms of the following; who is most instrumental to the quality of the live shows, who is likely to be selected by Axl play a significant role in the development of new material, and who exerts the most influence with the current incarnation.

Live

Bumblefoot

Richard Fortus

Dj ASHBA

Studio

Dj ASHBA

Bumblefoot

Richard Fortus

Influence

Richard Fortus

Dj ASHBA

Bumblefoot

Edited by NGOG

I just put the live part since we don't know the rest:

Live:

4tus - That sound is amazing especially in big arenas, very deep n powerful sound.

Ashba - Not a fan of his guitar style(i prefer the sloppy playing of Robin or Slash) but he's a great showman. He knows the rockstar act pretty well and get instant love from the audience.

Bumble - Sometimes a shadow on the stage, seems lost at times but awesome technique. I wish he put more effort in the rack to get a compatible sound live like bucket.

LIVE-

1)Fortus is the best one to watch

2)DJ and Bumblefoot interact with the audience best. DJ with the chics, Bumblefoot seems to recognize the regulars.

3)Bumblefoot is my least fav soloist (might change if I can forget the Pink Panther theme)

STUDIO-

1)Fortus

2)Bumblefoot

3)Ashba

INFLUENCES-

1)Stinson

2)Fortus

3)oops

who is likely to be selected by Axl play a significant role in the development of new material,

Good lord, what don't you understand here?

These are employees who were hired to do one thing and one thing ONLY: perform Slash/Izzy/Buckethead/Finck's work note-for-note.

Developing new material is NOT in their work specifications, it's not what they're being paid to do, and Axl will never release new material.

It's over man, let it go.

How could anyone say that Fortus has the most influence? I love the guy, and he's currently my favorite guitarist in the band by a mile, but (at least as of now) I cannot say he has much "influence."

With Axl Richard clearly has no input whatsoever. However, given his long term tenure, he is somebody that exerts an influence within the collection of musicians. Tommy, Richard and Dizzy actually seem to form an elite.

Richard Fortus

Bumblefoot

-------------

Richard Fortus

Bumblefoot

-------------

and Richard Fortus.

Bumblefoot

-------------

Dj Ashba is a poser not a guitarist.

Edited by SMG

Bumble is responsible for covering a lot of technically difficult guitar parts, so he's pretty important to the live shows imo. Will be hard to replace him in that aspect.

Richard seems to be loved or not hated by most hardcore fans, and he wrote that heavy Better Chorus riff and besides, I think he is the key to writing a classic hard rock Guns album if he ever gets the chance to do so (sad)

Ashba... I don't really want to think about it. I don't want to buy whatever it is he's trying to sell.

Edited by Rovim

How could anyone say that Fortus has the most influence? I love the guy, and he's currently my favorite guitarist in the band by a mile, but (at least as of now) I cannot say he has much "influence."

With Axl Richard clearly has no input whatsoever. However, given his long term tenure, he is somebody that exerts an influence within the collection of musicians. Tommy, Richard and Dizzy actually seem to form an elite.

Where do you come up with this shit? There is no "elite." If that's the case, why does Axl bring DJ Ashba with him to the Eddie Trunk interview like a security blanket? Why did Bumblefoot go to the Jimmy Kimmel interview? I'm not saying Richard is left out of anything, but there is no upper tier of members. People ran with Axl's JOKE in 2001 calling Tommy The General and it has never ended.