Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Teaser does not show anything, just the suits for Superman and Batman lol. I'm still excited for the trailer on Monday.

Thank god there is a trailer on Monday. I was thinking if THAT was it how lame. The first teaser they showed at comic-con was way better so phew! haha

serious question.

why would anyone get reasonably excited for this given the talent involved? wasn't the general consensus that man of steel sucked? hasn't zack snyder produced critical bomb after critical bomb in the last few years? other than the inherent joy in getting to see a cinematic adaptation of batman and superman on screen together, after the novelty of the first couple minutes subsides, what gives any of you faith that this won't be a mediocre turkey like most of his other films?

i just don't really get it. i can understand if there were a new director on board, or if man of steel hadn't been met with such lukewarm reception. but all indications are that this will fail to deliver.

• Like 3

serious question.

why would anyone get reasonably excited for this given the talent involved? wasn't the general consensus that man of steel sucked? hasn't zack snyder produced critical bomb after critical bomb in the last few years? other than the inherent joy in getting to see a cinematic adaptation of batman and superman on screen together, after the novelty of the first couple minutes subsides, what gives any of you faith that this won't be a mediocre turkey like most of his other films?

i just don't really get it. i can understand if there were a new director on board, or if man of steel hadn't been met with such lukewarm reception. but all indications are that this will fail to deliver.

because Henry Cavil is basically a perfect Superman, Ben Affleck is gonna kill it as Batman and at least it will look cool. Plus it's Batman vs Superman. It will be cool on some level even if it sucks. I don't think it will suck though.

I didn't hate Man of Steel, but I have no desire to watch it again. There were elements I liked (Cavill was good, Superman flying and punching things was entertaining, Amy Adams' Lois Lane was a lot more likeable than the Grade A Bitch Lois Lane from Superman Returns), but parts that really made me roll my eyes (the Star Wars prequel-esque Krypton prologue, how ridiculously perfect and powerful Jor-El is, even in death) or just get frustrated (what a douche Kevin Costner's character is, telling his son maybe he should have let the kids die on the bus).

But Batman v Superman hasn't been a film yet, so I'm excited.

serious question.

Yes. And Ben Affleck as Batman? :lol:

Was that Affleck talking at the end?

Also, have they said exactly why the two are fighting in this film?

From the trailer it seems Superman is not welcomed by all. Batman is probably the human elected to take down this alien threat, before they kiss and make up.

• Like 1

Looks like they might have gone with The Dark Knight Returns with the roles reversed?

What do you mean?

Public wanted Superman to take down Batman in that comic, support from the people is the other way around in this.

• Like 2

From the trailer it seems Superman is not welcomed by all. Batman is probably the human elected to take down this alien threat, before they kiss and make up.

Can't wait to see how Lex will play a role in turning Superman into a threat to humanity. This looks very interesting.

Looks like they might have gone with The Dark Knight Returns with the roles reversed?

What do you mean?

Public wanted Superman to take down Batman in that comic, support from the people is the other way around in this.

I got it mixed up with Dark Knight Rises :lol: I'm drunk right now lol

• Like 1

serious question.

No.

I liked Man of Steel. I loved 300, Watchmen & Dawn of the Dead. I think it's understandable that I'm excited.

Just watched the full trailer. Not sure if I can post the link here? It looks very dark and I love it.

here's the link anyway: https://www.facebook.com/ovicio/videos/828711700499573/

:headbang:

FUCK YES!!

Can't wait to see how Lex will play a role in turning Superman into a threat to humanity. This looks very interesting.

I think that's Lex/Jesse Eisenberg with the line about devils coming from the sky?

• Like 1

I think that's Lex/Jesse Eisenberg with the line about devils coming from the sky?

Yep, sounds like him.