Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I hate the say it but the Dark Knight Rises might have been the most finely polished turd in history. Great directing, cinematography, acting, dialogue, everything was brilliant except for one thing. The story, which was fucking stupid. There were brilliant performances just erased due to a plot that at the end made the entire movie ring hollow, such as making Bane Talia's crony and the cliche nuclear bomb plot.

The Dark Knight will always be the best batman film.

TDK

batman Begins

Batman

TDKR

Batman 2

Then we try and pretend the rest didn't happen.

• Like 1

I'd be for it if they'd established Dick Grayson as Robin at one point. Unless this is the sequel to Batman & Robin.

To those who've read the comics, does TDKR take place before or after Bruce's son is Robin?

Never happens in that continuity. Dick Grayson and Jason Todd were Robin before that point.

I'd be for it if they'd established Dick Grayson as Robin at one point. Unless this is the sequel to Batman & Robin.

To those who've read the comics, does TDKR take place before or after Bruce's son is Robin?

Never happens in that continuity. Dick Grayson and Jason Todd were Robin before that point.

That's the thing with the comics, Dick Grayson hasn't been Robin for literally decades now. It would be just weird to have a movie Batman with Grayson as Robin, that's not Robin to a lot of the newer readers.

• Like 1

Yeah, Son of Batman just came out on Blu-Ray with Damian Wayne as Robin and Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Isn't Jason Todd the one who became the Red Hood?

Yes. And this may get off topic but the Death of the Family story line from the new 52 was amazing right up until the ending. I'm glad they really played with the homoeroticism of the joker. Bummed out they took some of the gay out in the hardcover collected edition. One line batman calls the joker "degenerate filth" and the joker says "that's the spirit hon! How I love it when you talk dirty," and changed it in te collected edition to "that's the spirit! Get angry!" Edited by TeeJay410

Yeah, Son of Batman just came out on Blu-Ray with Damian Wayne as Robin and Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Yes. And this may get off topic but the Death of the Family story line from the new 52 was amazing right up until the ending. I'm glad they really played with the homoeroticism of the joker. Bummed out they took some of the gay out in the hardcover collected edition. One line batman calls the joker "degenerate filth" and the joker says "that's the spirit hon! How I love it when you talk dirty," and changed it in te collected edition to "that's the spirit! Get angry!"

It's okay for a gay cowboy to play The Joker. But it's blasphemy if there's a hinted underline of homo-eroticism.

I hate the say it but the Dark Knight Rises might have been the most finely polished turd in history. Great directing, cinematography, acting, dialogue, everything was brilliant except for one thing. The story, which was fucking stupid. There were brilliant performances just erased due to a plot that at the end made the entire movie ring hollow, such as making Bane Talia's crony and the cliche nuclear bomb plot.

TDK

batman Begins

Batman

TDKR

Batman 2

I agree with you for most of that, but any story involving costumed vigilantes and what not, is going to be stupid. They were stupid back when the first comics that come out and they are stupid to this day.

But we love them

TDK
batman Begins
Batman
TDKR
Batman 2

For live action, those are it. Overall though, I'd put Mask Of The Phantasm, and Return Of The Joker just under TDK. And Sub Zero just after the first Burton film. Maybe Gotham Knight and Son Of Batman just before Batman Returns.

Yes. And this may get off topic but the Death of the Family story line from the new 52 was amazing right up until the ending. I'm glad they really played with the homoeroticism of the joker. Bummed out they took some of the gay out in the hardcover collected edition. One line batman calls the joker "degenerate filth" and the joker says "that's the spirit hon! How I love it when you talk dirty," and changed it in te collected edition to "that's the spirit! Get angry!"

It's okay for a gay cowboy to play The Joker. But it's blasphemy if there's a hinted underline of homo-eroticism.

How is it blasphemy? Queering a villain is actually a really common trope, to play with an audiences discomforts towards non-traditional sexualities. The Joker, as a man who has a flair for the boisterous, flamboyance, wearing bright colors and makeup makes for a queered character by traditional notions of masculinity to Batman's classic Clint Eastwood-esque brooding masculinity. The Joker's obsession with batman goes beyond sexuality as well, it quite simply can be interpreted as love. Not to say the Joker is a homosexual, more likely pansexual, but I don't think it's a stretch by any means to claim the joker loves batman.

How is it blasphemy? Queering a villain is actually a really common trope, to play with an audiences discomforts towards non-traditional sexualities. The Joker, as a man who has a flair for the boisterous, flamboyance, wearing bright colors and makeup makes for a queered character by traditional notions of masculinity to Batman's classic Clint Eastwood-esque brooding masculinity. The Joker's obsession with batman goes beyond sexuality as well, it quite simply can be interpreted as love. Not to say the Joker is a homosexual, more likely pansexual, but I don't think it's a stretch by any means to claim the joker loves batman.

I was being sarcastic. I'm perfectly fine with a gay superhero or villain as long as it's written well.

Edited by Spuffy78

Guest NGOG

My bad, am just used to having to defend my "joker is in love with batman" theories haha

I wouldn't say Joker loves Batman. A more accurate theory would be he loves the purpose that Batman gives his life.

Without Batman, Joker is just a mentally insane criminal. Whereas because Batman himself is essentially a character, it gives somebody like Joker credence. Likewise, Joker serves a purpose for Batman. Somebody that dresses in a bat-themed suit and kills criminals has mental issues themselves, so when they engage with somebody who is exponentially more insane, it's somewhat comforting.

Edited by NGOG

I wonder if Lex Luthor will be the only villain on the movie. A more "human" touch this time wouldn't bother me, after Zod on MoS. But I also want to see Superman using his powers to the fullest, which would destroy Batman and Lex with no effort and that wouldn't work. 2 years to find out... :(

I wonder if Lex Luthor will be the only villain on the movie. A more "human" touch this time wouldn't bother me, after Zod on MoS. But I also want to see Superman using his powers to the fullest, which would destroy Batman and Lex with no effort and that wouldn't work. 2 years to find out... :(

Not necessarily. Batman's advantage against Superman is that Superman is sort of an idiot and a government crony. Batman's intelligence is pretty much what enables him to beat Superman and any other of the Justice League, such as the Tower of Babel storyline as well as the Dark Knight Returns. Plus every episode of the JLA animated series Batman saves everyone's ass constantly.