Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

With Wonder Woman potentially making an appearance, I would hope the movie gets a 3 hour run time. Or close to that.

I think 2 hours and 45 minutes be enough

Schumacher isn't entirely to blame. The company wanted toys, toys and more toys.

And Superman III and IV are shit. Nuclear man? Clark Kent curing his radiation sickness with kryptonite?

But Captain America (1990) is the worst super hero film of all time.

This is true. Warner Brothers was not comfortable with the idea of a serious comic book film. In fact Richard Donner made Superman I and II back to back but in early screenings the studio executives wanted Donner fired and several scenes in II reshot to make it more lighthearted. The film was a success but not as much as the first, but Warner felt the film wasn't campy enough so they made two abortions. Made the same mistake with Batman, though I understand if they were horrified enough by Batman Returns they got Shumaucher for Forever and B&R. Shumacher may have apologized for Batman & Robin but much the blame goes to the studio.

OT: Are the original Superman movies worth checking out? Or are they like Schumacher era Batman crap?

The Reeve/Donner era dates back to the early 80s and are absolutely worth watching. They're nothing like Schumacher's joke (not surprising really when you consider they're a decade apart).

Don't bother watching beyond Superman 2 though. But make sure you watch the first, really charming performance by Reeve.

• 2 months later...

According to movie mojo the movie got pushed back to May 2016.

Coming Soon quotes Warner Bros. that the push will give "the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story. The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113669

They're filling the original July 2015 release date with a new Peter Pan film.

"the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story."

That seems to be a fancy way of saying "Snyder doesn't know what the fuck he's doing".

"the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story."

That seems to be a fancy way of saying "Snyder doesn't know what the fuck he's doing".

That be about right there. Never got the hype about him as a film maker, seems all to much a style over substance kind of guy to me.

That be about right there. Never got the hype about him as a film maker, seems all to much a style over substance kind of guy to me.

Yep, reeks of Affleck seeing how bad the script was and demanding rewrites.

Also rumours coming out that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is up for the role of the John Stewart Green Lantern in the Justice League film and will have a cameo.

Also rumours coming out that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is up for the role of the John Stewart Green Lantern in the Justice League film and will have a cameo.

FFS.

It's amazing what human growth hormone can achieve in Hollywood.

Well not sure who else you could have playing John Stewart really

Bit hyperbolic that.

I know he was involved in Thor, but Idris Elba would be a good candidate.

The only way this movie could turn out worse is if superman was played by vince Neil.

"vince neil as superman, he is not here to kickstart your heart but to kickstart your ass, summer 2016!"

in the movie you find out his true kryptonite is that the world has outlawed hair spray and spandex.

• Like 1

http://www.movieweb.com/news/batman-vs-superman-have-massive-plot-spoilers-been-leaked-by-a-disgruntled-crew-member

I'm not reading this because I don't want to see any spoilers, but if anybody is interested...

http://www.cinematallica.com/exclusive-is-ben-affleck-threatening-to-quit-batman-vs-superman/

Sounds like this project is not going very well.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/batman-vs-superman-have-massive-plot-spoilers-been-leaked-by-a-disgruntled-crew-member

I'm not reading this because I don't want to see any spoilers, but if anybody is interested...

http://www.cinematallica.com/exclusive-is-ben-affleck-threatening-to-quit-batman-vs-superman/

Sounds like this project is not going very well.

not reading, but lol. Damn.

Jason Momoa is favourite to land the role of Aquaman. Did they watch Conan?

The only reason he was good as Khal Drogo is because he didn't have anything to say.