Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I saw Man of Steel on cable and thought it was pretty good. I like Henry C who played Superman.

I just thought the fight scene between Superman and the villain went on way too long.

I just read he's playing superman again in this movie. Cool, but I probably will wait until it comes on cable. I like Ben Affleck as an actor, but I can't see him playing Batman at all.

I just realized: Man of Tomorrow would be a cool title for a proper Man of Steel sequel

That'd be cool.

Side note, recent rumors from the set suggest that Superman actually "dies" at the end of Batman v Superman. I've heard the finale of the film will have Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman teaming up to face a mutual foe. Doomsday perhaps?

If they had balls they'd bring out the joker. But not a Heath rehash. Real, terrifying, Joker. Have superman and Wonder Woman come across the joker for the first time, horrified, knowing him only as an urban legend, unable to comprehend his sheer evil, and realize Batman's true value as someone who can face any and all evil.

If they had balls they'd bring out the joker. But not a Heath rehash. Real, terrifying, Joker. Have superman and Wonder Woman come across the joker for the first time, horrified, knowing him only as an urban legend, unable to comprehend his sheer evil, and realize Batman's true value as someone who can face any and all evil.

No, if they had balls they'd make an ORIGINAL FUCKING MOVIE.

But no, let's just remake the same fucking shit every fucking year and slap a 2 at the end of it for all the thoughtless morons who enjoy a cheap, brainless thrill.

• Like 1

So are they gonna have Superman actually fight Batman? That would be embarrassing since Batman's a regular dude with no super powers.

It's happened multiple times and with relatively even results. What it generally comes down to is Batman's intelligence, batman using kryptonite, or plainly that Superman won't ever go as far as Batman will. Superman can't bring himself to truly beat the shit out of Batman, because while Bats is a pain in the ass, ultimately he is a force for good. Batman in the "hush" series I believe, said during a battle with superman "Clark is a good person. I know I'm not."

If they ever bring back Joker, they should give Hamill a call. It would bring instant fan credibility to the film after disappointing casting after disappointing casting. Hamill's age would fit within the continuity more or less. The most difficult part would be his height, or lack thereof.

Superman is just a tough character to write for, because there is little true drama. He can stop anything if he wanted. That fact is Batman's true discomfort with Superman. Superman could take over the world and no one could ever do much about it should he decide to go rogue (though Superman gives Batman Kryptonite at the end of the Tower of Babel story line, so Batman could find a way to defeat him should he ever go rogue). They surely will work Bruce's annoyance with Superman being a goody goody and it's likely the government will ask Superman to take Batman down. But if they truly want to find a way to make a Superman story interesting, make him lose control. That would present true conflict, as the biggest threat to the world is Superman himself. Who could drive Superman to lose control?

Joker. And this is where Superman could see Batman's true value in being able to handle the brutal darkness and evil of Joker, the likes of which Superman has never seen. Superman can't comprehend a villain that has no true ends, no ulterior motive other than chaos/to fuck with Batman.

Superman doesn't seem to be any friend of the government after Man of Steel, though, they made that clear with him taking down that drone, and this new film seems to pit the people (and I'm assuming the government) against him for the destruction of Metropolis after the fight against Zod.

I was more speaking to my ideal Superman/Batman movie. But honestly I thought Man of Steel was... Not great. I don't have high expectations for this movie considering the casting (oddly enough I don't mind Cavill or Batfleck, just everything else) and Snyder's track record. I'll never forgive him for what he did to Watchmen.

Also outside of the Joker in the Dark Knight and Batman Begins, David Goyer's writing for comic movies has been pretty awful. The Batman in the Dark Knight and TDKR wasn't a detective at all. He was just really good a punching people. His dialogue was ridiculous, and the entirety of TDKR was just stupid. There were a few bad ass one liners, and the scene where Bane breaks Batman's back was brilliant, but otherwise it was just dumb and took so many characters out of well, character. Bane a crony of Talia? What the fuck accent did Bane have? He's supposed to be South American of some sort. And a genius. Really? Bane's big plan is a nuclear bomb plot? Why? To destroy Gotham? Why? Because he <3's Talia? TDKR was a highly polished turd. Great acting, directing, cinematography, but a shit story and shit dialogue.

• Like 1

I thought Watchmen was... OK. It was like what a 12-year-old thought would be all the "cool" elements to adapt (Rorschach's dialogue, violence, period setting), without really getting to the core of the story or its messages. The most important line (for me) from the comic was cut from the film; where Ozymandias asks Manhattan "I did alright, in the end, didn't I?", and Manhattan replies "Nothing ever ends", which is something that Ozymandias doesn't comprehend.

I actually thought the idea of making Manhattan the external villain in the eyes of the public instead of the giant squid was very clever, and could have worked, but the destruction scene failed for a couple of reasons: a) you never really got to know the regular people in this universe (like the comic book vendor and reader, or the lesbian couple), and b) there were no visible bodies or gore in the actual destruction. I had to see a screencap with a person in the rubble to see that they actually did have extras or dummies in the debris in the film. That's not me being a gorehound, it's that the scene has no resonance without a graphic representation of the terrible destruction and violence that Ozymandias has wrought; it just looks like what it is, a film set on a greenscreen. That same "film set" look also plagued all the NY scenes; it was clear none of them were shot on location, even to someone like me who had never been to NY when I'd seen the film.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do all Superman films suck you ask? Because the character is boring, plain ans simple. Not trying to offend the DC fanboys on this site, but other than Batman DC sucks. They really don't have enough depth to their characters/stories that Marvel does. Marvel isn't perfect all the time either, but as far as films go MCU is straight up schooling DC, and that includes the HIGHLY overrated Nolan Batman series. By the time Marvel gets to Avengers 3 with Infinity Guantlet, DC and Superman and Batman are going to look like chumps by comparision. Honestly this whole Superman vs Batman film just cries "trying to catch up to Marvel."

I honestly really like the character of Batman and all the villians that occupy his stories, but I'm calling a spade a spade, Superman sucks. He WAS the hero for the 20th century, but he is tired and lame in the 21st century. The story has been told and retold too many times now. Plus to begin with the Character of Superman/Clark Kent has never had any real depth. He might be the Man Of Steel, but he is also as boring as a cubscout. The only Superman story line worth telling at this point is the death of Superman, the rest is just plain boring. Obviously this is just my opinion, but it's an opinion than MANY people do in fact share.

Make mine Marvel.

• Like 1

If they ever bring back Joker, they should give Hamill a call. It would bring instant fan credibility to the film after disappointing casting after disappointing casting. Hamill's age would fit within the continuity more or less. The most difficult part would be his height, or lack thereof.

Superman is just a tough character to write for, because there is little true drama. He can stop anything if he wanted. That fact is Batman's true discomfort with Superman. Superman could take over the world and no one could ever do much about it should he decide to go rogue (though Superman gives Batman Kryptonite at the end of the Tower of Babel story line, so Batman could find a way to defeat him should he ever go rogue). They surely will work Bruce's annoyance with Superman being a goody goody and it's likely the government will ask Superman to take Batman down. But if they truly want to find a way to make a Superman story interesting, make him lose control. That would present true conflict, as the biggest threat to the world is Superman himself. Who could drive Superman to lose control?

Joker. And this is where Superman could see Batman's true value in being able to handle the brutal darkness and evil of Joker, the likes of which Superman has never seen. Superman can't comprehend a villain that has no true ends, no ulterior motive other than chaos/to fuck with Batman.

I would totally be for a live action Mark Hamill Joker. He slimmed down for Star Wars too, so he would look great

Why do all Superman films suck you ask? Because the character is boring, plain ans simple. Not trying to offend the DC fanboys on this site, but other than Batman DC sucks. They really don't have enough depth to their characters/stories that Marvel does. Marvel isn't perfect all the time either, but as far as films go MCU is straight up schooling DC, and that includes the HIGHLY overrated Nolan Batman series. By the time Marvel gets to Avengers 3 with Infinity Guantlet, DC and Superman and Batman are going to look like chumps by comparision. Honestly this whole Superman vs Batman film just cries "trying to catch up to Marvel."

I honestly really like the character of Batman and all the villians that occupy his stories, but I'm calling a spade a spade, Superman sucks. He WAS the hero for the 20th century, but he is tired and lame in the 21st century. The story has been told and retold too many times now. Plus to begin with the Character of Superman/Clark Kent has never had any real depth. He might be the Man Of Steel, but he is also as boring as a cubscout. The only Superman story line worth telling at this point is the death of Superman, the rest is just plain boring. Obviously this is just my opinion, but it's an opinion than MANY people do in fact share.

Make mine Marvel.

Some of the animated Justice League movies are pretty good. But generally I agree about DC. Batman is the highlight for me.

Make mine Marvel.

Superman sucks because he's invulnerable basically. You can never really get worried that he might not win cuz he can break you in half with his left bollock.