Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Looks terrific, very dark. I loved Man of Steel, arguable the best Superman movie ever made (granted, most Superman movies are terrible). Not a huge comic book guy, but I've always preferred DC's characters to Marvel's.

It's been a good week for trailers.

• Like 1

serious question.

why would anyone get reasonably excited for this given the talent involved? wasn't the general consensus that man of steel sucked? hasn't zack snyder produced critical bomb after critical bomb in the last few years? other than the inherent joy in getting to see a cinematic adaptation of batman and superman on screen together, after the novelty of the first couple minutes subsides, what gives any of you faith that this won't be a mediocre turkey like most of his other films?

i just don't really get it. i can understand if there were a new director on board, or if man of steel hadn't been met with such lukewarm reception. but all indications are that this will fail to deliver.

I'm excited for it because I thought man of Steel was really good for the first half. I pretty much hated the second half with the massively excessive, actions scenes that bored me to death, but the first half was really good. I think henry Cavill is a great Superman and I think ben Affleck is going to kill it as Batman and Bruce Wayne. I also really love the dark tone of that trailer. I think this movie has potential to be pretty damn good. My only fear is that they over do it with the action and makes things incredibly unrealistc. I can't stand when thinsg like a guy dressed as a bat and a alein from another planet are more realistic than the stupid action sequences. More story and charcter development, less video game graphics that appeal to people who only like shiny sparkles and flashing lights.

I think Man of Steel was the Superman movie every fan wanted to watch at some point. He has too many cool superpowers to spend saving people and lifting heavy things. I prefer the first half as well and personally loved the Krypton segment. Second half may be a little over the top but seeing Superman FIGHTING was pure bliss for me.

Also, I like how Superman is being treated like a God now(it's very realistic, IMO). I guess the most unrealistic aspect will be the Bat/Superman fight... Unless Superman becomes weaker somehow. The "Batman can beat Superman with intelligence" thing just doesn't do it for me. Bat's armor looks badass, the "Do you bleed?" was killer. Yes, I'm excited. :lol:

I think Man of Steel was the Superman movie every fan wanted to watch at some point. He has too many cool superpowers to spend saving people and lifting heavy things. I prefer the first half as well and personally loved the Krypton segment. Second half may be a little over the top but seeing Superman FIGHTING was pure bliss for me.

Also, I like how Superman is being treated like a God now(it's very realistic, IMO). I guess the most unrealistic aspect will be the Bat/Superman fight... Unless Superman becomes weaker somehow. The "Batman can beat Superman with intelligence" thing just doesn't do it for me. Bat's armor looks badass, the "Do you bleed?" was killer. Yes, I'm excited. :lol:

They can't just copy this, can they?

Bats armor is certainly similar.

Edited by CheapJon
  • Like 1

I prefer Superman Returns to Man of Steel, but think the best kind of Superman film would be something between the two.

I foudn Superman Returns to just be depressing and lame. Like Superman is suddenly this dead beat Dad or something haha best part about Superman returns was kevin Spacey.

I prefer Superman Returns to Man of Steel, but think the best kind of Superman film would be something between the two.

I foudn Superman Returns to just be depressing and lame. Like Superman is suddenly this dead beat Dad or something haha best part about Superman returns was kevin Spacey.

I really liked Kevin Spacey in it, and I liked what brief action there was (plane scene, Superman flying around saving people towards the end). Kate Bosworth's character was incredibly badly written, though, not one sympathetic character trait. And giving him a Superkid would have made sequels awkward.

To be honest I just don't like the casting and the trailer didn't really bring any surprises. I know Snuder will deliver great effects and so so action scenes(some were great and others tend to be meh and too long). To me it's a matter of energy in an action film and having a good story with a good script. This trailer doesn't assure me anything but the fact that it's a Snyder film, anyways I hope it's good and if it is I'll be singing its praises.

I don't think expecting suprises from a trailer over a year in advance is fair or realistic. It's a teaser to give us a sense of the visuals and the possible dynamics between the two man characters. The only cast in the teaser really is Cavill and Affleck so unless people wanted a new Superman and don't like Affleck using the cast as a complaint as to why the trailer isn't good really isn't valid in my opinion. This trailer as far as Batman vs Superman should pump up people who want to see Batman vs Superman. Forget what we all think we know. Was that a kickass teaser trailer a year out from the movie or no? I say hell yeah it was. I wouldn't want to see a clip of them fighting. Not yet. I don't wanna see too much action or destruction either. Just give me a sense fo the vibe of the movie, show Batman and Superman looking awesome, create a bit of tension between the two and have some dark atmospheric music. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerend.

• Like 3

I don't think expecting suprises from a trailer over a year in advance is fair or realistic. It's a teaser to give us a sense of the visuals and the possible dynamics between the two man characters. The only cast in the teaser really is Cavill and Affleck so unless people wanted a new Superman and don't like Affleck using the cast as a complaint as to why the trailer isn't good really isn't valid in my opinion. This trailer as far as Batman vs Superman should pump up people who want to see Batman vs Superman. Forget what we all think we know. Was that a kickass teaser trailer a year out from the movie or no? I say hell yeah it was. I wouldn't want to see a clip of them fighting. Not yet. I don't wanna see too much action or destruction either. Just give me a sense fo the vibe of the movie, show Batman and Superman looking awesome, create a bit of tension between the two and have some dark atmospheric music. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerend.

Yeah, I've seen the first teasers for Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, Ant-Man, etc., but they've sold me enough that I'm avoiding trailers because I want the film experience to be as fresh as possible.

I've watched this Batman v Superman about 25 times now, excited but I don't want to see any more footage before I see the film in the cinema.

On the other hand, I've avoided newer trailers for the new Terminator because it just looks rubbish and I probably won't see it :P

Yeah, I've seen the first teasers for Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, Ant-Man, etc., but they've sold me enough that I'm avoiding trailers because I want the film experience to be as fresh as possible.

I've watched this Batman v Superman about 25 times now, excited but I don't want to see any more footage before I see the film in the cinema.

On the other hand, I've avoided newer trailers for the new Terminator because it just looks rubbish and I probably won't see it :P

Whether or not you plan on seeing Terminator, avoid the second trailer like the plague; there's a nice, big, T2 plot-twist-sized spoiler in it. So pissed off.

• Like 1