Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

So Superman can't speak? not even a single line?

Lex Luthor is interesting, a bit too young. Ben Affleck is gonna kick some royal ass and save the movie, love seeing Jeremy Irons as Aflred.

Jeremy Irons is my favourite bit of casting for this film.

"The red capes are coming." Yeah, that's my shit! I love Eisenberg.

He is a great actor and im sure he would bring a different touch to Lex Luthor, but its weird to see him as Lex Luthor, but well on the positive side, at least it will be something different than the usual

Lex Luthor is interesting, a bit too young. Ben Affleck is gonna kick some royal ass and save the movie, love seeing Jeremy Irons as Aflred.

I worry he was miscast. He's supposed to be Alfred right? I can't see Jeremy Irons as anything but a villain. The best Alfred was the one from the 90s movies I think.

I worry he was miscast. He's supposed to be Alfred right? I can't see Jeremy Irons as anything but a villain. The best Alfred was the one from the 90s movies I think.

His name was Michael Gough, he died in 2011. Btw why and what kind of reduced privileges you have?

The fact that there's no badass or funny line on face of danger makes this trailer alone better any marvel movie. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy some marvel movies and Ant Man looks like lots of fun but I'll always prefer serious and dark stories.

• Like 1

The fact that there's no badass or funny line on face of danger makes this trailer alone better any marvel movie. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy some marvel movies and Ant Man looks like lots of fun but I'll always prefer serious and dark stories.

That's the good thing about DC Comics. There are no stupid lines in fight scenes.

I have been expecting darker and darker movies from Marvel since Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but then we got absurd dance-off in Guardians of the Galaxy and absurd "I am always picking up after you boys," "Hit me in the back? Dick move, Banner" type of lines in Avengers: Age of Ultron. These two movies had great entertainment value but I couldn't help myself and cringe when I saw/heard those awful lines.

I bet Ant-Man has been filled with that shit too. At this point, Infinity War will be 80% "comedy," 20% action.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe will never "go dark". Civil War and Infinity War might have dark themes and parts, but they will still maintain the same tone the other movies have. That's part of their appeal, though. I think its good we have the Marvel movies for lighter, fun "comic booky" movies and we'll have DC for the grittier stuff.

• Like 1

The Marvel Cinematic Universe will never "go dark". Civil War and Infinity War might have dark themes and parts, but they will still maintain the same tone the other movies have. That's part of their appeal, though. I think its good we have the Marvel movies for lighter, fun "comic booky" movies and we'll have DC for the grittier stuff.

Absolutely, like I said, Ant Man looks like a great family movie just like Avengers, Iron Man, etc... it's just not my cup of tea.

I'm a big Superman fan but if they had rebooted the franchise once again with a silly story, Superman saving people with a smile on his face instead of kicking some ass, and not focusing on the fact he's an alien and a god, I'd definetly pass on that one. Now, Batman twisting some necks in the desert, Superman using his heat vision at Batman... That's insanely cool. It will sell a lot of toys, there won't be blood, but at least it looks a little more mature than the Marvel movies. Words can't just describe how much of a turn off it is when I'm watching a superhero delivering a badass line after escaping death and then some ACDC or old rock tune comes on. I'm glad DC took another route, I'm glad Nolan's Batman existed.

I love the MCU and won't stand for any bashing of those movies in order to build this up. I wish DC all the best, but absolutely hate tearing down one in order to build the other up. Like I said, I'm a Marvel guy, and I love every new film they make. But having said that I also love Batman, and I have never once wished for a bad Batman film in order to make Marvel look good. I dislike Superman and most of Justice League characters, but I am willing to give this a chance. If the story is strong, this could end up being an amazing film, if the story is weak it'll look like they threw a bunch of hero's together just to make a film. But it's far to early to tell which scenario this film falls under.

As someone said earlier, I also don't "love" the Nolan Batman films. I don't hate it dislike any of them either, but I also don't feel they are the be all and end all of what Batman can be. Honestly I prefer the Batman from the 4 recent games to any film that has ever been created. (even though I have yet to play the most recent game, I own and love arkham assylum, arkham city, and even arkham origins). Like I said, those are the definitive Batman (non comic medium) imo.

Nolan Batman films were over hyped, but you will have to agree on the point that they were the best Batman movies till date.

As a whole, yes. Individually I still feel that the original Keaton Batman holds up damn well. I would put it on the same level as begins and dark knight, and a head of dark knight rises. But as a series, yes the Nolan series is better than the 90s series. Not even close really. I used to like Batman Returns, but I find it to be quite boring now, and that's the 2nd best of that series, so....