Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tbh, I liked all Batman movies, Batman & Robin was cheesy as hell, but still that time I watched it and liked it, I know I will like Batman V Superman also only cause of batman but it would have been better if they continued Batman with Bale.

Honestly if I was to rate the films, I would put Keaton Batman at number 1. Its just plain closer to the real Batman mythology than the Nolan films are. I like Dark Knight, but I find that film to be a little overrated. Yes it's a very good film, but had Ledger not died I really don't think his Joker would be so highly praised. I feel Nicholson captured the true spirit of the Joker closer than anyone (except for Mark Hamill, he is really the best joker ever). Also, Keaton was a much better Batman/Bruce Wayne imo. But some of that is I love him as an actor, while I border line hate what's his name? (brain fart, lol) Worst Batman voice ever. But again, Kevin Conroy (the animated batman) is my personal favorite as well.

But anyways, here is my rank

1. Batman 1989

2. Batman Begins

3. Dark Knight

4. Dark Knight Rises

5. Batman Returns

6. Batman Forever

7. Batman and Robin

• Like 1

I do agree on the joker part, I may offend many people, but well Nicholson as the joker was just amazing, Ledgers thing was pretty over hyped, he did a good job, but some people went crazy about it. In terms of Batman, I prefer Bale than Keaton and yeah Mark Hamill has done an amazing job as the joker.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe will never "go dark". Civil War and Infinity War might have dark themes and parts, but they will still maintain the same tone the other movies have. That's part of their appeal, though. I think its good we have the Marvel movies for lighter, fun "comic booky" movies and we'll have DC for the grittier stuff.

So, those Marvel characters are saying the same stupid things on the comic too? I never read the comics, so I don't know. I thought the dumb lines were added by dumb director and writer Joss Whedon. For me, it stops being funny when it's repetitive.

I like Dark Knight, but I find that film to be a little overrated. Yes it's a very good film, but had Ledger not died I really don't think his Joker would be so highly praised. I feel Nicholson captured the true spirit of the Joker closer than anyone (except for Mark Hamill, he is really the best joker ever).

Unfortunately that's the saddest part of Heath Ledger passing away, that some people believe he would not be that praised for his interpretation of The Joker had he not died, and that is absolutely wrong. He would still be praised and awarded as much as he was and still is if he was alive. It was his transformation and how convincing his character was. That's how you earn praising around the world and that's how you win multiple awards, by becoming someone else and being absolutely convincing to the human eye. No one can deny that Ledger did a wonderful job, regardless of what you think about The Dark Knight (the movie) as a whole or how close he was to the original comic-book character.

I have not watched any Tim Burton's Batman movies yet so I can't comment on Jack Nicholson. I should add that Mark Hamill has the perfect voice for The Joker, however, I'm not sure if he could have pulled that off in a motion picture.

I agree that Ledger did a great job with the character, I just don't find his to be the definitive version. Overall, I find Hamill's to be the definitive version, but to your point, it is animated, so it's hard to say how he would have been in live action. That's why I lean towards Nicholson's joker. Its much closer to how the Joker has always been perceived than Ledgers is. That is why I don't give Ledger near the credit that you do, because someone else played the same character better than he did. It doesn't mean he wasn't great also, he just wasn't as great. To me, it's kinda like praising the new Sarah Conner, when Linda Hamilton's version was clearly superior.

Which if you haven't seen it, you should go and watch it asap, especially if you like Batman. Like I said earlier, I STILL feel it is the best Batman film to date. Perfect balance of comic books, and realism. Which the Nolan films lacked that balance, hence this new film, and Suicide Squad trying to go back to the balance between comic book and realism.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

As a whole, yes. Individually I still feel that the original Keaton Batman holds up damn well.

As a movie it was good. Tim Burton had a vision and executed it really well. But as a Batman story it was well wide of the mark. There's so many un-Batman things in that movie, you have to cringe a bit at how they thought this represented the character.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe will never "go dark". Civil War and Infinity War might have dark themes and parts, but they will still maintain the same tone the other movies have. That's part of their appeal, though. I think its good we have the Marvel movies for lighter, fun "comic booky" movies and we'll have DC for the grittier stuff.

So, those Marvel characters are saying the same stupid things on the comic too? I never read the comics, so I don't know. I thought the dumb lines were added by dumb director and writer Joss Whedon. For me, it stops being funny when it's repetitive.

Depends on the comic. Some are way, way worse. But, yeah, that's Joss Weadon's thing which is why not all Marvel movies have an insane amount. The one liners are fine when they don't go overboard and I actually liked the banter in the first one. He went way overboard in Age of Ultron, though. I still liked the movie, but it was definitely a bit of a let down. Joss is alright. I'm grateful for his work, but he is overrated and I am glad to see him leave the MCU.

I also think The Dark Knight trilogy is awesome. The Dark Knight is an incredible movie. Batman Begins was also really good. I loved TDKR when it came out, but it hasn't held up quite as well. Still very good, but its probably the weakest of the 3

My take on Nolan: bad Batman adaptation, great films.

I never understood why he quit the world just because he was sad that Rachel died. That tells me he never had the heart to push past it and continue his mission. That's just not Batman.

Are you trying to say that he basically turned Axl Rose for a while?

He was kind of out of work for awhile.

Batman and Gordon with the help of Harvey's legacy, turned Gotham into a decent city to live in.

This new film will be great for the Batman fans who missed the comic book feel of the Nolan films. Nolan did a great job with the gritty realism but The Dark Knight Rises showed that it was time to return the films to comic book quality.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

So this is the second film in DC's Shared Universe that will rival Marvel's Cinematic Universe. After seeing the trailer to this film and Suicide Squad I think it is looking good. I even hope there will be another Batman film. Let's not call it a reboot, just another Batman film.

So this is the second film in DC's Shared Universe that will rival Marvel's Cinematic Universe. After seeing the trailer to this film and Suicide Squad I think it is looking good. I even hope there will be another Batman film. Let's not call it a reboot, just another Batman film.

Apparently Affleck will direct the solo Batfilm (not sure if this has been confirmed or still just a rumour)

Apparently Affleck will direct the solo Batfilm (not sure if this has been confirmed or still just a rumour)

I'm pretty sure that's confirmed now.