Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Why give basically give away the ending in the trailer?

It's obvious what would happen near the end, but really when it's called "Batman vs. Superman"? I guess they thought the "Dawn of Justice" part wasn't enough of a hint.

Edited by AtariLegend

Both of them are different movies, but in compared to this, Avengers Civil War looks way better.

I'm going to assume you're joking with that title and know that it's really Cap America Civil War

Yeah sorry, my bad.
No worries

I feel like it was a mistake on the marvel's part to throw so many heroes into that film when it's supposed to be a captain America movie. I know that's how the civil war of the comics were, but for the film I almost feel like I woulda preferred it if they just strictly focused on the core conflict between cap and ironman.

i feel like this batman v superman film may have a similar issue, actually. Sure, the trailer only showed batman, superman, and wonder woman, but we know from reports that aquaman and cyborg have cameos, and the flash might even have one as well. At that point it doesn't even like the movie properly represents the title imo.

But eh I could be wrong and both films might actually turn out to be good. I had some issues with this trailer but for the most part I liked it MUCH more than the civil war one

tumblr_nyrqn4LpoC1qhdwy7o1_540.gif

tumblr_nyrqn4LpoC1qhdwy7o2_540.gif

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

Holy God this looks incredible. Can't believe we're finally getting Doomsday on film...

yeah but Doomsday looked like CGI shit. They could've done better than that

Word is from the guys who first broke Doomsday (Devin Faraci) is that he grows more spikes as the fight progresses, and he "adapts". I think they'll brush up the CGI a bit between now and the release, and he'll look solid enough once we actually see it.

Also, people were shocked to learn that the armored Batsuit was CGI/MoCap, so obviously the CG team are pros. Again, I'm sure Doomsday will look awesome in the theater when all is said and done.

Edited by sofine11

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think this movie will suffer from Spider-Man 3 crisis. I mean... Let's take a minute:

- It's Batman VS Superman

- But it has Wonder Woman

- And Aquaman

- And Cyborg

- And Lex Lurthor

- And Doomsday, who is revived from Zod

- And now they're saying there's an even bigger threat.

It's too much for ONE movie, guys.

I'm starting to think this movie will suffer from Spider-Man 3 crisis. I mean... Let's take a minute:

- It's Batman VS Superman

- But it has Wonder Woman

- And Aquaman

- And Cyborg

- And Lex Lurthor

- And Doomsday, who is revived from Zod

- And now they're saying there's an even bigger threat.

It's too much for ONE movie, guys.

Yeah, I agree. If it were a five hour movie, then maybe. But it sounds as though they're cramming way too much stuff in one movie for any of it to get proper treatment.

The realism ended with The Dark Knight Rises. Man of Steel was when they returned to the fantasy/sci fi element. Batman can work on his own like he always has, but if you want Batman to be apart of a bigger DC universe, you have to bring Batman in that fantasy/sci fi world which means creating a new Batman for that world.

I don't think it will be as good as Nolan's interpretation, but I'm looking forward to it. Still, I'm a bit weary of Superman. I think it's interesting how they'll might explore Bruce Wayne more. They didn't get into it that much with Bale, like Affleck said.

Edited by Rovim