Mock of the Week

Have I Got News For You

Live at the Apollo

Blackadder

The Young Ones

Top Gear

BBC News

Eastenders

I used to love Red Dwarf when I was little but not so much any more. Ab Fab, QI, Have I Got News for You and Blackadder are all fucking genius. Never really been a big fan of the Young Ones and Live at the Apollo's only really ever as good as the comedians on that week. Problem is they tend to be fairly lame as it's catering to a prime time audience so you get bilge like Michael McIntyre, Sean Lock and all that who are fucking dire. Top Gear has jumped the shark big time in the past few years which is such a shame as it used to be my absolute favourite show on the telly. Likewise for Mock the Week since Frankie Boyle left it's lost its balls and nobheads like Chris Addison and that muppet Milton Jones simply aren't funny. I don't even like Frankie's solo standup stuff but he was fucking great on Mock the Week. As for the news? Well it's just news innit? Oh and I don't watch Eastenders cuz I don't posses a vagina. :lol:

Top Gear is the best show on television today. Period. -_-

I wish I could agree with you but I just find it a chore to watch these days. I know it's always been scripted in the past but at least they did a better job of trying to hide the fact back then and were more creative about it. Recently it's just lost any sense of spontaneity and just seems to be going through the motions. :shrugs:

Who watches BBC?

I do.

I like...

Red Dwarf

Absolutely Fabulous

QI

Mock of the Week

Have I Got News For You

Live at the Apollo

Blackadder

The Young Ones

Top Gear

BBC News

Eastenders

...Never really been a big fan of the Young Ones

The Young Ones, looking back was so fucking random, pardon mon Francais! It was like Family Guy! sort of with cutaways and most definitely like a cartoon but with live action with it's slapstick out of this world plots and sequences.; Also Motorhead and this ska band Madness and a bunch of other people too, think also The Damned played The Young Ones. - I liked it back then, I look back and appreciate it, I guess.

I wish I could agree with you but I just find it a chore to watch these days. I know it's always been scripted in the past but at least they did a better job of trying to hide the fact back then and were more creative about it. Recently it's just lost any sense of spontaneity and just seems to be going through the motions. :shrugs:

I'm glad I don't experience it like that yet. In fact it still cracks me up all the time. But I do know what you mean. It's more predictable too, but then they make fun of their own predictability which is great. ;)

I definitely know what Dazey means about Top Gear. It's gotten a lot more ridiculous in the recent seasons, but it's still one of the most enjoyable shows on TV. Last week's episode with the hovercraft was great.

It's been all over the news this week that all the funny scenes were staged with actors. :(

Guest Len B'stard

I can't stand Top Gear, it's the most boring program in all of the fuckin' world and Jeremy Clarkson is a fuckin' cock who just, to me comes across as intolerable, he is one of the few people in the world whoose sheer nobheadedness just radiates through the screen, Gordon Ramsey is another one, they look like a couple of old male-menopausal Grandads with both feet in their graves, just absolutely awful people that I'd just like to start a fight with for no reason just to have an excuse to give them the slap they been asking for their whole lives.

• Like 1

Top Gear is one of the best shows I've seen that come from the UK. James is the best. Though I think I'm currently watching episodes from 2006 or 2007 so I'll shut up.

Fawlty Towers was made by the BBC? I liked that show.

Edited by izzygirl

• 1 month later...

I agree. It's sooo staged now and seems to be trying way too hard to be funny and crazy, that its just not.

Personally I love a good BBC documentary. The quality of documentaries and lifestyle program's like Grand Designs are a step above anywhere else.

I love it when they go to other countries in Top Gear and drive. We Americans don't get to see that. Sure we can just go out and drive across our vast continent, but not across Europe or even Africa like they did one episode.

I know of a Swedish guy who road his motorcycle from his hometown in Sweden, all the way to Tehran.

Guest Len B'stard

The best comedy sitcoms in history came off the BBC and thats just a fact

Steptoe & Son

Til Death Us Do Part

Fawlty Towers

The Young Ones

Tony Hancock

The list goes on and on really.