What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

The Walk 2015

Watched it in 3D as it is meant to be seen. Beautifully shot movie with a great build up and pay off. I'm moderately scared of heights (I don't trust myself on a ledge lol) and there were moments during this film where my hands started to get sweaty from the anxiety and awe. Aside from the amazing spectacle it's also cool to get to experience two buildings I was never meant to see (I visited New York after 9/11) and they are as much a character of this movie as Philippe Petit. Highly recommended viewing. :)

There's this fuckin' documentary i wanna watch right, Steve McQueen: The Man and Le Mans, it's fuckin' out on DVD in America, it's out on their fuckin' youtube for you to pay for and watch so I'm down in HMV thinking it's probably out on DVD here...but it's not, and don't even have a fuckin' date, why the fucks that?!?  And whats the point putting something on youtube in a pay-to-view thingie...and then limiting your order to just yankees, what the fucks that about?!?

Edited by Len B'stard

On 25/03/2016 at 9:35 PM, Slash787 said:

My net was off so I thought to watch Super, really great movie, the ending was pretty emotional for me. Thanks a lot @Amir for recommending. My net is still off so Im using my phone as a hotspot just to write this, thanks again man. 

"Frank...come on...it's all gooshy!" - Ellen Paige is totally adorable.

Oh, and:

tumblr_nrs7adI5vX1tl50ofo1_500.jpg

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 2

Daddy's home.

It has some nice comedy, I liked it, I don't know why it got 6.2/10 I would give it 7 or 7.5

It seemed that it released like more than 2 years ago, but I checked now and it was released in December 2015. 

10 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

The Guard, funny Irish police comedy with Don Cheadle and Brendan Gleeson. I think I also recognised some actors from Father Ted. Decent effort.

Did Cheadle have an Irish accent? If so, was it better than his Cockney one?

On 4/3/2016 at 3:05 PM, AxlsMainMan said:

Arbitrage - Richard Gere has never really wowed me but he was absolutely amazing in this film playing basically Gordon Gekko with a far nastier mean streak and the desperation of Denzel from Training Day.

I agree, great film (and good score by Cliff Martinez). Gere can hit it out the park on occasion, "The Mothman Prophecies" another favorite.

Sisters unrated Bit of chick flick territory for me, but I generally like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and it had enough 80s throwback and American Pie antics.

Green Zone I remember at the time it came out it wasn't well received and kinda held off on seeing it, but I still got hooked and it's an interesting take on the Iraqi WMD fairytale.