Axl great voice 2007

sword&tulipz

That version of DC didn't do it for me. Didn't like the solo (was it Ron or Robin?) and Axl messed up the lyrics. The voice was solid after the 3-minute mark.

That KOHD vid is great but no one in the audience seemed to care.

don't cry sounds like a mash up between the band playing dont cry instrumental, and a guy impersonating axl. at least his low voice. sounds weird. not the same grain in his voice

Two examples of Axl still sounding great in 2007:

I used to love the new band's rendition of Knockin On Heaven's Door. I think that video is from the Versace fashion show or whatever it was. I remember when it happened.

I remember being annoyed because it appeared that no one in the audience was appreciative of the performance. :lol:

It was also, I think, the first time I saw Axl wearing makeup/eyeliner, which he does a lot more often now.

Realistically Axl's voice on live shows hasn't been great since 1993. 2010 was the closest he's been to it, but i could settle for his voice in 2006/07 because it's very acceptable and 2010 because it's good enough for me.

But none of those performances compare to good Old Axl from the 90s

Realistically Axl's voice on live shows hasn't been great since 1993. 2010 was the closest he's been to it, but i could settle for his voice in 2006/07 because it's very acceptable and 2010 because it's good enough for me.

Well yeah... he was in his prime back then. In his 20's. you can't expect a rock vocalist to sound like that in their 40's or 50's. At least not when the style is so demanding. Gn'R songs are very hard to sing.

Well yeah... he was in his prime back then. In his 20's. you can't expect a rock vocalist to sound like that in their 40's or 50's. At least not when the style is so demanding. Gn'R songs are very hard to sing.

True. And I disagree with AndreCC. Axl's voice on live shows was GREAT in 2006 and part of 2010. Better than lots of shows back in the old days.

True. And I disagree with AndreCC. Axl's voice on live shows was GREAT in 2006 and part of 2010. Better than lots of shows back in the old days.

I agree. Watch KOHD from Rock Am Ring, he sounds even better than he did in the 90s, way more control over his rasp. That's where he struggled in the old days, with controlling his rasp and not over-doing it. For most of 2006 and and most of 2010, he had great control, and had adapted his raspy voice to do the marathon sets.

I agree. Watch KOHD from Rock Am Ring, he sounds even better than he did in the 90s, way more control over his rasp. That's where he struggled in the old days, with controlling his rasp and not over-doing it. For most of 2006 and and most of 2010, he had great control, and had adapted his raspy voice to do the marathon sets.

This...

Two examples of Axl still sounding great in 2007:

Here you have it... GNR the band of the "people" now the house band for the celebrity posh set.. no one give a fuck thats Axl up there singing... they just do thier illuminati shake

But...

And even better (imo) from 1988: