DJ Ashba's aunt has died

Huge fan

https://www.facebook.com/ashbaland/posts/10151622027637475

"At 9:45 am this morning my Aunt Helen passed away, she was 84. Only God knows how much the entire family and myself will miss her and I will always be grateful for the many great memories that I was so lucky to have shared together. I'll never forget finding an old beat up acoustic in her closet, she sat down next to me and put it in my lap and patiently taught me my very first song which was the Peter Gunn Theme song. It was the first time I ever held a guitar in my hands. God Bless you Aunt Helen, even though I am sad inside I can't help but smile on the outside knowing that you are finally reunited with Uncle LLoyd in Heaven. All my love. RIP"

Some people should just be banned.

It's quite obvious who the assholes are. Do you REALLY have to post messages of hate in this thread, is it necessary? If you don't care just don't open the thread.

Where are the changes we were promised regarding moderation? I knew before opening this discussion that there would be nasty comments. Which is kinda sad really.

"Why is this in the news section". Well because someone chose to open a thread about it. And the mods left it there. Maybe it was genuine, maybe it was to provoke such comments.

If someone from GN'R's camp is reading the boards, please do pass our messages of sympathy to DJ.

It's not going to change the world, we don't know the lady, people die everyday but it's not that hard to be nice and supportive.

• Like 1

I've noticed quite a few crass posts. It's becoming glaringly obvious why MyGNR has a bad rep.

Dislike Dj all you want, but the man is clearly grieving. RIP Helen.

I've noticed quite a few crass posts. It's becoming glaringly obvious why MyGNR has a bad rep.

Dislike Dj all you want, but the man is clearly grieving. RIP Helen.

Got to agree with this, I think a lot of people are typing messages without really thinking about what they say. I don't believe in kissing GnRs ass, but I would be in favour of GnR liking this page and having something to do with it (Axl chats etc...) if they do stumble across some of those comments it's another strike in a relatively short time frame.

Don't kiss ass, but be mindful of the consequences of a barrage of mean hearted comments.

I remember that GnR concert in dublin 06', when he put the flag on it was great... his voice was excellent and he even managed to come on stage on time!

Some people should just be banned.

It's quite obvious who the assholes are. Do you REALLY have to post messages of hate in this thread, is it necessary? If you don't care just don't open the thread.

Where are the changes we were promised regarding moderation? I knew before opening this discussion that there would be nasty comments. Which is kinda sad really.

"Why is this in the news section". Well because someone chose to open a thread about it. And the mods left it there. Maybe it was genuine, maybe it was to provoke such comments.

If someone from GN'R's camp is reading the boards, please do pass our messages of sympathy to DJ.

It's not going to change the world, we don't know the lady, people die everyday but it's not that hard to be nice and supportive.

I went through and cleaned up the thread some.

It may not be the biggest news in the world, but it's still something that happened concerning a member of GN'R and I'm assuming that's why it was posting in D&N.