RENAMED: Best male performances in the last ten years?

Georgy Zhukov

Dicaprio easily the guy is like the dude every director wants to work with for a reason and he has several great films under his belt with The Aviator, The Departed, Inception, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, Catch Me If You Can and Revolutionary Road. The guy just has a ton of work under him and all on the past decade.

Edited by MEXzilla

His career nearly went down the tubes after The Beach but Catch Me If You Can and Gangs of New York brought him from the trash heap. He was one of those actors people use to laugh about and were later silenced after The Aviator.

Many say he was overshadowed by Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York but I felt he did pretty well.

Daniel Day-Lewis' work in There Will Be Blood blew my mind. It was one of the best performances I have ever seen in my life.

I also loved Tom Hardy in Bronson. He did such an excellent job.

Those performances alone make me think that Daniel Day-Lewis and Tom Hardy are two of the finest actors of the past decade.

I will say they're better performanes than Dicaprio entire filmography this past decade but I feel he is just consistent that I give him the nod for being the best. To me it's like a quarterback having 10 straight great seasons but in several of those seasons another QB outshined him but that same QB career doesn't measure up to the other, if that makes sense? lol.

So yes, Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood was just incredible, Jim Carry in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind was awesome, Jeremy Reiner in Hurt Locker was just classic, Clint Eastwood in Million Dollar Baby and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I might update a little later lol :-)

Is Day-Lewis really an actor 'of the last 10 years' though? Granted he's turned in a couple amazing performances, but he's been a household name since the 1980s. Usually when you pose a question like this you mean which actor has emerged in the past ten years and been the best, in which case I'd say DiCaprio (I think he only became respected for his acting starting with films like Catch Me If You Can), Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, amongst others. Bale has been acting since he was a kid but I think American Psycho really put him on the map as an adult talent.

Is Day-Lewis really an actor 'of the last 10 years' though? Granted he's turned in a couple amazing performances, but he's been a household name since the 1980s. Usually when you pose a question like this you mean which actor has emerged in the past ten years and been the best, in which case I'd say DiCaprio (I think he only became respected for his acting starting with films like Catch Me If You Can), Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, amongst others. Bale has been acting since he was a kid but I think American Psycho really put him on the map as an adult talent.

Normally I'd agree but you can't deny his performances in Gangs of New York, There Will Be Blood and Lincoln. The thread should be renamed best male performances in the last ten years.