Ghost

axlslash

Some people are really hateful towards Ghost, aren't they? Especially King Diamond fans.

not sure why really. i know when their first album came out people(myself included) said they sounded like a cross between blue oyster cult and mercyful fate. you would think more king diamond and mercyful fate fans would be more open to ghost and their theatrics which king is famous and a legend for.

Some people are really hateful towards Ghost, aren't they? Especially King Diamond fans.

not sure why really. i know when their first album came out people(myself included) said they sounded like a cross between blue oyster cult and mercyful fate. you would think more king diamond and mercyful fate fans would be more open to ghost and their theatrics which king is famous and a legend for.
They probably think it's a ripoff and shit... Not sure why. It's not like King Diamond himself wasn't called a ripoff and sued for his makeup by Gene Simmons, who was accused of getting the make up idea from Secos e Molhados, etc...

They probably think it's a ripoff and shit... Not sure why. It's not like King Diamond himself wasn't called a ripoff and sued for his makeup by Gene Simmons, who was accused of getting the make up idea from Secos e Molhados, etc...

yeah exactly. king in an interview said he heard some mercyful fate influence but ghost did their own thing/had their own sound.

I met a King Diamond fan at the Ghost show. She loved them both.

SLAYER's Kerry King Loves GHOST's Imagery, He Just Hates "The Fucking Music"

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I hate that Kerry King. He thinks Slayer is so amazing. They suck. The same shit for over 20 years. He has a big ego to match his big head. lol

• Like 1

I met a King Diamond fan at the Ghost show. She loved them both.

It's a good generalization though; I'd say most people really only like either Ghost or King Diamond, not both. I know almost no one who likes both - everyone loves one and hates the other. I like both, though have to admit I like King Diamond far more.

SLAYER's Kerry King Loves GHOST's Imagery, He Just Hates "The Fucking Music"

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I hate that Kerry King. He thinks Slayer is so amazing. They suck. The same shit for over 20 years. He has a big ego to match his big head. lol

Slayer hardly suck. Their music isn't for everyone, and is really an acquired taste, but they don't, objectively, suck.

Ghost could go two ways on the next album: Go back to more explicit satanic themes and rawer production and step out of the limelight again, or continue with this more "mainstream" sound, subliminal lyrics and polished production and become a huge band.

Wow man, just listened to Zenith this weekend. What a song. Wonder why it was left out... It's better than some of the songs on Meliora and that is saying A LOT.

Ghost could go two ways on the next album: Go back to more explicit satanic themes and rawer production and step out of the limelight again, or continue with this more "mainstream" sound, subliminal lyrics and polished production and become a huge band.

Zenith is great, but a different vibe, if only slightly. Ghost are virtuosos at keeping the groove of their records together, making them cohesive, and saving songs that don't fit for a later record that they fit better. I forget which one, but I saw an interview with a Ghoul recently saying that one of the songs on Meliora is from the original batch of songs the band wrote in 2007 or 2008 but just didn't fit until Meliora came around. They (I suspect mostly Papa) have a Springsteen-esque eye for tracklist construction and aren't afraid to keep a good cut off a record if it doesn't fit.

I don't get the almost obsession regarding Papa. Why don't you think the nameless ghouls could have that "eye"? There have been interviews where the ghouls have said how they do write the music, that it's mostly the guitar players or whoever. Yet some fans truly believe that its all Papa and the rest of the band are just hired musicians.

This is not NuGNR, this is Ghost.

Edit: I think it's He Is that was written during Infestissumam.

Edited by CheapJon

I don't get the almost obsession regarding Papa. Why don't you think the nameless ghouls could have that "eye"? There have been interviews where the ghouls have said how they do write the music, that it's mostly the guitar players or whoever. Yet some fans truly believe that its all Papa and the rest of the band are just hired musicians.

Yup, that's the one.

My response to your Papa question references his identity and the band's non-Ghost background. If you care about such things, skip it.

Tobias Forge (aka Marry Goore) has always been the creative force behind his bands. He is the sole writing credit on most every song written by Repugnant, his most prominent band. He is also credited with the sole writing credit on all of the songs by Subvision, his band which according to conventional wisdon actually *is* Ghost. Granted, Magna Carta Cartel (his other band) relegated him to guitar and bass duty and did not give him any writing credits. But the conventional wisdom has always been that Forge/Goore is sort of a Trent Reznor-like player in Ghost, handling almost all of the creative heavy lifting and possibly even serving as a multi-instrumentalist on the albums, then bringing in the Ghouls. The Ghouls are likely the other members of Subvision, but it is unclear how much of a role they play in the Ghost song-writing process.

Yup, that's the one.

My response to your Papa question references his identity and the band's non-Ghost background. If you care about such things, skip it.

Tobias Forge (aka Marry Goore) has always been the creative force behind his bands. He is the sole writing credit on most every song written by Repugnant, his most prominent band. He is also credited with the sole writing credit on all of the songs by Subvision, his band which according to conventional wisdon actually *is* Ghost. Granted, Magna Carta Cartel (his other band) relegated him to guitar and bass duty and did not give him any writing credits. But the conventional wisdom has always been that Forge/Goore is sort of a Trent Reznor-like player in Ghost, handling almost all of the creative heavy lifting and possibly even serving as a multi-instrumentalist on the albums, then bringing in the Ghouls. The Ghouls are likely the other members of Subvision, but it is unclear how much of a role they play in the Ghost song-writing process.

Thanks for answering. Ok, so that's why. It could be. But I just don't get why the ghouls would lie about who's writing the songs. Maybe due to the changing of Papa's?

In this clip a nameless ghoul talks about how they were formed. Mentioning an old band (probably Subvision or maybe Repugnant) and that someone in the former band came up with the Stand By Him riff. He's also saying that it's 2 or 3 guys from the band writing the songs and that Papa just sings, (I find that sort of hard to believe). I guess it could be a Trent Reznor sort of situation as well. When they first started the band and had a MySpace page their names were on it. I never saw it and they removed it pretty quickly but it would be interesting to see if it was Subvision or not. There were rumors that the other members also were members of different swedish death/black metal bands just like Mr Frontman.

I think all Ghost songs are credited to "a ghoul writer" and that pseudonym is attached to Mr Frontman according to STIM.

Yup, that's the one.

Thanks for answering. Ok, so that's why. It could be. But I just don't get why the ghouls would lie about who's writing the songs. Maybe due to the changing of Papa's?

In this clip a nameless ghoul talks about how they were formed. Mentioning an old band (probably Subvision or maybe Repugnant) and that someone in the former band came up with the Stand By Him riff. He's also saying that it's 2 or 3 guys from the band writing the songs and that Papa just sings, (I find that sort of hard to believe). I guess it could be a Trent Reznor sort of situation as well. When they first started the band and had a MySpace page their names were on it. I never saw it and they removed it pretty quickly but it would be interesting to see if it was Subvision or not. There were rumors that the other members also were members of different swedish death/black metal bands just like Mr Frontman.

I think all Ghost songs are credited to "a ghoul writer" and that pseudonym is attached to Mr Frontman according to STIM.

That Ghoul, as in most of the one-on-one interviews done with "a Nameless Ghoul from Ghost," is almost certainly Papa. The voice sounds virtually identical to the way Papa sounds when he talks, just without the over-the-top Italian accent. In his non-Ghost bands, Papa was almost always credited as a guitar player, so it is totally within the realm of possibility that "one of the guys" came up with the riff, and that the same guy is now Papa. I could totally be wrong, but reading between the lines, that's the way it sounds to me. I think the rest of the band are one of his old bands, don't get me wrong, but he at least seems to be the guy in control.

Of course, as with all things Ghost, this is all speculation, and I am just as likely to be wrong as I am to be right.

Yup, that's the one.

That Ghoul, as in most of the one-on-one interviews done with "a Nameless Ghoul from Ghost," is almost certainly Papa. The voice sounds virtually identical to the way Papa sounds when he talks, just without the over-the-top Italian accent. In his non-Ghost bands, Papa was almost always credited as a guitar player, so it is totally within the realm of possibility that "one of the guys" came up with the riff, and that the same guy is now Papa. I could totally be wrong, but reading between the lines, that's the way it sounds to me. I think the rest of the band are one of his old bands, don't get me wrong, but he at least seems to be the guy in control.

Of course, as with all things Ghost, this is all speculation, and I am just as likely to be wrong as I am to be right.

Yeah, it's probably him. It's always the same guy, his voice does sound like Papa.